Author Topic: Log results from "Party Crasher"  (Read 776 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Log results from "Party Crasher"
« on: October 18, 2000, 01:52:00 AM »
Mind you all this is the first run for us.
Also it was 1:30 PM when I finished trying to mine the nuggests out of the table of raw data. Sorry for any mistakes or if I missed anyone.

The table of data I was given lists

Gameid   Event      Data 1  
(Who)   (damaged)

***Data 1 tells what was damaged, either player or field object, and kills awarded)

P47d-30's

JCy19    HanaG   Assist
JCy19   starbird    Kill
Drill    HanaG   Assist
Nash   Kaitsu      
Creamo   airecoil   Kill   
Nash   Hanag   Kill
2cool   RWY,VH,RWY
Fatty   Rwy, VH, RWY      
Storm   RWY,FH,RWY
Dowding FH,FH,RWY
Jigster   RWY,,RWY,FH
Jigster   ygsmilo   Kill
RWY   BH,RWY,RWY
banana   RWY,RWY,RWY
Bluefish RWY,RWY,
dudule   RWY,RWY
dudule   Mino   Assist
Thorin   RWY,RWY,RWY   
Logan   ygsmilo assist   
Logan   Zigrat

190A5's
HanaG   Drill
Hecklerr   Odessa   Kill
Starbird   Dinger   Kill
Mino   JCy19   Kill
Kaitsu   Mino   
DarkStar    JCy19   Assist
Kaitsu    JCy19   Assist
Starbird   JCy19
ygsmilo   Storm   Kill
Zigrat   Jigster   Kill   
Cavalry Jigster   Assist
Zigrat   Thorin   Kill
Kaitsu   Logan   Kill
Kaitsu   Mino   Kill

Results, LW first since they are easiest.
"8 victory points for each 5% of enemy shot down."
8 kills of 16 sortied P47's makes 50% for a total of 80 VP's.

"5 VP's for each 5% of enemy killed, + 50 VP max for % of bombs sortied vs bombs on target."

3 190's shot down of 10 sortied = 30 VP's.
On the bomb damage it starts getting rougher.
Each P47 carried 3 500 lb bombs sortied for a total of 48.

Example                                      
10-15-00 15:44:42 2Cool Object Damage     Vehicle Hangar                           288.000000

My problem is I have know way of knowing if the 288.00 points of damage were caused by a bomb near miss, a rocket, or gunfire.

Best guess scenario at this point puts somewhere between 30 & 40 bombs on target.

If ALL bombs were on target, then what we have is a dead tie. If one person missed with one bomb we have a LW victory, if a minor one.

Going to call this one too close to call Gents!  Salute to all who flew, HTC & especially Ronni for putting the log data together.

------------------
Maj Ghosth
XO 332nd Flying Mongrels
Scenario Corp, AH Trainer Corp

[This message has been edited by Ghosth (edited 10-18-2000).]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2000, 06:01:00 PM »
Thanks Ghosth!

It's fantastic you now have this tool! Sounds like it was tough to sift through, so I hope there's some way of streamlining it for you guys.

Regarding that scenario - I ordered about 1/2 of our 47's to take Jabo duty and blow right through any encounter, and the other half to jettison their bombs at enemy contact and stay to fight.

So the percentage of bombs actually hitting their target is going to be misleading here. Imho a better way of scoring would be to just look at the obective. If a certain % of the target is destroyed, a 'mission accomplished' is awarded (or percentage therein).

The way I looked at it, we had enuff 47's to kill the base 3 times over (as it was, we nearly leveled the place with 1/2 the flight), so I assigned some guys to a pure fighter role instead... not realizing that losing our bombs would be considered misses, and subtract from the hit/miss ratio that (it appears) was used to decide the scoring.

Also, if you score it as mentioned above (simply objective met, or not), you wouldn't have to worry about trying to discern if the object was destroyed by a bomb, a rocket, or guns... u just need to know that it was destroyed.

Anyways... just some suggestions. I thought it was a fun Snapshot and am looking forward to next week's.

Oh - and thanks Ronni for helping Ghosth with this. I think the introduction of this log into AH's scenarios is fantastic, as well as significant.

Offline Bluefish

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2000, 07:02:00 PM »
It was a fun scenario and this does indeed look like a great tool. It's always nice to know how well (or badly) you did in an SL

A couple of questions: when we dove on the field I saw a bunch of unfamiliar-looking structures, like a row of warehouses, and when I dropped on them I got two messages that I'd never seen in the MA ("Structure Destroyed").  The log, however, says I hit "RWY".  

Does the difference matter for scoring purposes?  If not here, could it matter in future scenarios?

Also, what are those buildings and what does it take to kill 'em?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2000, 07:38:00 PM »
I enjoyed the scenario alot - shame I compressed in the dive-bomb - usually jabo from 10k.  

I thought at first 'RWY' meant runway - but there are alot of those in the log, so maybe its a 'miss'.

The field we attack was a lrage field, hence the increased number of buildings, I think.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2000, 08:36:00 AM »

Originally posted by Nash:
Oh - and thanks Ronni for helping Ghosth with this. I think the introduction of this log into AH's scenarios is fantastic, as well as significant.

Yes, and it makes the COs' job a lot easier since they don't have to endlessly bother the pilots to send their AARs.  

I hope we get this to Zig's Med league, as well as the Afrika Korps Scenario!

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
Nash,

You make some very good points. However, in "This" case the scenario writeup specificly detailed what I could consider for victory points. No question that you guys trashed the field, cause you did, totally.

However, I was tasked with awarding Victory points on % of BOMBS on target. As such the rwy, structures, ack, are all perfectly acceptable. But rockets, & strafed targets don't count. I think perhaps instead of trying to count bombs, in the future VP's should be awarded on objects destroyed. Period.

As to how hard it was, well thats got a lot easier the next day when Ronni made some changes to the database.

I would strongly recomend that future Scenario's take a hard look at the strength's and weaknesses of our current system before stateing Victory conditions.

Bluefish, Structures are just that, structures. (call em buildings). Went back and took another look at your entries in the log. Looks like you maybe had bombs that damaged both a runway and a structure. (Blast effect??)

I'm sure we'll be useing this great new tool in the Africa Corp Scenario, and hopefully in most all events in the near future.

Thanks for being patient guys.

------------------
Maj Ghosth
XO 332nd Flying Mongrels
Scenario Corp, AH Trainer Corp

Rock

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2000, 09:54:00 PM »
Ghosth, looking at the last Check Six log. I see what looks like a lot of Blast effect or splash damage.

Several times it shows dropping 6 bombs and getting 12 hits.

[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 10-25-2000).]