Author Topic: Some popular gun sights  (Read 2179 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Some popular gun sights
« on: April 13, 2008, 11:59:42 PM »
Here are some of the more popular gun sights used by our squad. Some have been re done by adding larger dots and some are brand new while others old.

Some can be used for launching rockets and others are for just pure dog fighting like the dots. There is one that is used for the B25-H but I have better luck with just a simple sight for firing HE.

I hope this file can help someone be a better gunner or rocketeer. It would help if you let me know which ones you like or dislike.

Some Popular Gun Sights.rar
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 12:20:35 AM by A8TOOL »

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
Re: Some popular gun sights
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 01:17:47 AM »

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 01:40:30 AM »
Are those the only gun sights included?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 08:02:26 AM »
Are those the only gun sights included?

No there are about 30 of them. Some old, some new some that have never been seen and others that have been enhanced. The older ones have had the dot size increased.

Edit: It's been downloaded 10 times out of 50 views so far with no D/L complaints.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:12:36 AM by A8TOOL »

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »
T00L,
With your permission I would like to toss those into my sight pack that I am re-working, if that is cool with you. <S>

~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 11:49:22 PM »
No problem and no need to ask Sketch.

I made a few of them and enhanced the rest. I would be HONORED if you put them in your gun sight pack!

Thanks a lot for taking a peak at them, I hope someone can find them useful,

Joe (A8T00L

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »
i use 1 gunsight for everything (mainly cause its the only one that works...) but if i could ever find time to figure out how to post a pic of it i would....
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 03:51:40 PM »
Edit: Idiot...not you :salute, me. Was making a post but to the wrong one. Sorry for the wasted space, wish we could delete.

:noid
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:55:08 PM by Halo46 »
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 05:48:29 PM »
Tool, good sights, but for some reason, the red half sight doesn't work for me.  :rolleyes:

And some other ones look somewhat rough in-game. Good, but rough. I'm a perfectionist, and I like my gunsights smooth looking.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 10:25:30 PM »
I download the sights after deleting the default one. The downloaded file names itself default but comes out blank and doesn't work. It gets downloaded as a .rar file but doesn't convert itself to bmp. How can I get this to work? Is there a how to on sights? Haven't seen one anywhere and I'm not too cpu savvy. Would really like to use some other sights. >
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 11:22:34 PM »
Ok the long way.  Open my computer/ select your C: drive / open that/ go to programs/ find the HTC file/ open that/ find sights file/ open that and leave it open but make the window smaller on the screen. Then open the RAR file/ select the sights you want then drag them into the sights file..... or copy and paste them in the sights folder if you don't know how to make the window smaller on the screen to drag them in.

Now open AH and go to hanger. Choose the plane you want to change the sight on then click on options/preference then finally gun sights and go through the list picking and choosing which sights you want to use to be displayed on each plane you use.

If you find one you like, rename your old default/ default1 or something and name the one your wanting to use default. It will set all planes that have not been set to display a sight already to the sight you chose as your default.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 12:11:41 AM »
Ok I was dragging it from downloads folder (vista) into htc\sights and it wasn't working for me. Ill try this when I get home. Thanks for the help. >
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 12:46:03 PM »
IMHO this is my favorite gunsite. Its easy to use and it works good for me:
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 05:45:44 AM »
I download the sights after deleting the default one. The downloaded file names itself default but comes out blank and doesn't work. It gets downloaded as a .rar file but doesn't convert itself to bmp. How can I get this to work? Is there a how to on sights? Haven't seen one anywhere and I'm not too cpu savvy. Would really like to use some other sights.
>
i had this problem when i got my gunsight too. for get how i had managed to fix it, but i downloaded anothe sight, named it Defualt_Bravo instead of Default_Alpha and it worked
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 06:28:50 AM »
the "xxxx_alpha.bmp" is an add on file to make the main file work correctly.  So you would have an "boredot.bmp", and a boredot_alpha.bmp" these two files are meant to work together. An alpha file is used to adjust transparency. Using different shades going from black to white allows more transparency or less depending on the shade. This allows more, or less of the main file to show through.

You would choose the file with out the "_alpha" in it, but it would bring it along anyway. This is how they get those "glowing" site you see every now and then in the screen shots.