Author Topic: Let's simplify the discussion....  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Re: Let's simplify the discussion....
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 07:12:58 AM »
When you log on do you:
-not concern yourself with numbers because you are  loyal to your chess piece to the bitter end.
-go to the low numbers team to try and even out the fight.

I've flown tours as both Bishops and rooks, have friends and respected enemys on all 3 sides.
Yet I prefer to fly Knight in most arenas. Easier to find and join up with squad mates, and friends. If Knights have a big numbers advantage I'll probably move or leave. (dislike flying in a horde) If knights are on the low side I'm more likely to stay and help.

Once you've ended up in whatever country you fly for do you:
-Look for a mission to join?
-Look for the largest red dar bar and up to fight them?
-Look for the largest green dar bar and up to join them?

None of the above.
I do join missions at times, but its not why I log in.
I don't go hunting big bars of either friendly or enemy.
I go hunting smaller balanced fights, look for one of our bases under attack.
Or look for a situation on the map where 1 person can make a difference.

Given the option do you:
-up from a base under attack to try and defend it, even if there are more red then green?
-go to the next base over and get alt to try and drop on the attackers if the base hasn't been lost already?
-Look for a large group of green and join their attack?

Again, none of the above.
If the base I've been flying from comes under attack preferably I'll be
up grabbing alt before it gets there. If its already under attack, well then its time to grab a osty or WW and defend.

Given the choice do you:
-like to blow things up?
-shoot things down?

Both equally, although a good 1 on 1 dogfight is more rewarding that blowing things up.
Its also a LOT harder to find.

Also I find I have to agree with halo.

Guppy I've never had anything but respect for you, but your questions are loaded sir.
Thats cheating, nice if you can get away with it, but not what I would have expected from you.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 07:19:02 AM by Ghosth »

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 07:27:43 AM »

Guppy I've never had anything but respect for you, but your questions are loaded sir.
Thats cheating, nice if you can get away with it, but not what I would have expected from you.
Yeah, Guppy, you are a bad person.  You are mean and not thinking of others feelings.  You are a big ole bully and are not a nice fellow!

:D

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 08:51:24 AM »
My answers with Guppy's loaded sections removed: ;)

- I go to my chess piece automatically and I find my friends and countrymen there.

- I look for the largest red dar bar and up to fight them.

- I go to the next base over and get alt to try and drop on the attackers. In some rare occasions I up from a vulched base, if there is a chance to get up alive. However, on those occasions I also choose some dweeby plane which I am not concerned of losing.

- I like to shoot things down... but I also join missions to blow things up.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 09:10:30 AM »
go to the low numbers team to try and even out the fight.
Look for the largest red dar bar and up to fight them
up from a base under attack to try and defend it
shoot things down
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 10:09:32 AM »
I usually:
1.Fly with the Bishops and my squaddies.
2.Kill Knights and Rooks.
3.Head for the biggest "Enemy" Darbar.
4.Squelch squeekers.
5."Kill" or destroy as much as possible in the shortest amount of time AND...
6.Have a good time.

I will rarely change countries to wing with a respected opponant but will never fly against the Bishops!
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 11:31:56 AM »
Well here we go...

1)-not concern yourself with numbers because you are  loyal to your chess piece to the bitter end.
Not bitter, but the Pigs have always flown Knights going back over eight years.

2)Once you've ended up in whatever country you fly for do you:
-Look for a mission to join?
-Look for the largest red dar bar and up to fight them?
-Look for the largest green dar bar and up to join them?
Find my squad and go immediately to their location to help out with whatever needs to be done.  This usually means finding the Pigs at the largest red dar bar or attacking an enemy base.

3)Given the choice do you:
-like to blow things up?
-shoot things down?
All of the above, not to mention GV'ing, supply runs or troop drops.  I try to stay flexible and fill in where needed.

I do not think your questions were loaded, but they certainly show your preferences in AH Guppy.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 11:55:27 AM »

I do not think your questions were loaded, but they certainly show your preferences in AH Guppy.

Nothing loaded about the questions...... it's the answers that will open a few eyes.

The only way you can tell what Dan's preferences are is in the answers, not the questions. The questions are about as easy as it can get. Some will answer them and look back to be a bit surprised.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
Well, since pretty much everybody ups from whatever base is under attack and goes after the largest big red dar bar, what exactly are we discussing this for Guppy?

Sounds like everybody is looking for the fight, preferably disadvantaged if possible.

What a bunch of studs!
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2008, 12:27:03 PM »
pretty much toonces, you hit the nail on the head almost clean.

the only mistake is that we dont want a disadvantaged fight everytime... just that we usualy get one because some people do want to fight from advantage the whole time or there is no fight going to happen.....rather fight from disadvantage every time than no fight at all.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »
When I log on I:
-go to the low numbers team to try and even out the fight. 

(Always, but this can change several times per night depending on my ability to locate a large enough RED darbar, without an associated large GREEN darbar.  Equal numbers in a sector is ok, but not preferable.  Only being able to find friendly-dominated fights will prompt me to change sides to the disadvantaged side of the fight even if it means going to a country that currently has greater overall numbers.  It's not at all uncommon for me to switch several times per night).  I prefer fights where the red guys outnumber the greens in a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio.  Having to share a red guy with another friendly isn't going to work out.  I don't usually mind if a few red guys want to share me.  Not only am I not interested in "capturing", I almost never even have the slightest idea what the "status of the war is", so spying isn't a factor.

Once I've ended up in whatever country I fly for do I:

-Look for the largest red dar bar and up to fight them.

Given the option I:

-up from a base under attack to try and defend it, even if there are more red then green.

This is the preferred option (if I'm defending, which is based on where the large red darbar is and not whether it's a defence or offense situation), simply because I don't want to risk missing the fight if the base is captured while I'm flying in from a nearby field- but I won't do it if the base is capped.  Having several red guys in sight isn't a problem as long as I can get off the ground and get some speed.  I'll be in an F4U regardless of the situation.  In actual practice I'd say 25-30% of my hops start this way.

-go to the next base over and get alt to try and drop on the attackers if the base hasn't been lost already. This is option #2, if the situation is bad enough at the given base.  And because I fear missing the fight if the base is captured, I generally don't go to the field being defended, but rather set up between that field and the attackers field.  This would probably account for another 25-30%.

- The remaining hops I'm not defending at all, but just flying to an area with a large red darbar to mix it up.  Honestly, apart from missing the fight I don't care a bit who owns which field.  It's the red icons that interest me, not the landscape. 40-50% of my hops.

Given the choice I:

-shoot things down.

That's really the "only" option, besides logging off.  Although lately I've found the B25H to be fun as long as there are red guys or GV's to play with.  I wouldn't lift one to destroy an object.

MtnMan

MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 01:55:09 PM »
-go to the side that I see some friends on, normally Rook or Knit, haven't flown bish too much

-Look for the largest red dar bar and up to fight them

-up from a base close to the one under attack,  don't really care about base taking or defending

-shoot things down

But really, depends if i'm alone or, with friends, I tend to do what they want to do, but when i fly alone the above is mostly true
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »
Play the way I feel like playing at that time.

If we are being over run....taking bases .....or defending.  If sides are about equal......looking for a good fight at 15K.

Porking if need be also.  As I say there is no right way or wrong way to play the game.  And...don't let anyone tell you how to play.

If you're having fun.....must be the right way to play for you.

I think that puts it simply  :)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2008, 11:33:49 AM »
Nothing loaded about the questions...... it's the answers that will open a few eyes.

The only way you can tell what Dan's preferences are is in the answers, not the questions. The questions are about as easy as it can get. Some will answer them and look back to be a bit surprised.

"The Pirates Code" auhhhy matey      Your statement is as loaded as Guppys35. The problem is you all won't speak of the deep structure except in secrecy.  YOUR statement is as loaded as it gets....

"The answers will open a few eyes" TO WHAT EXACTLY??????   "Some will answer them and look back to be a bit surprised" ABOUT WHAT EXACTLY????????

Why dont you just say what YOu REALLY WANT to say with out all the loaded questions and staments?

How can some be "surprised"???????   How are the anwsers going to open a few eyes?

YOU Sir are an Elitist!!!

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2008, 11:49:16 AM »
"The Pirates Code" auhhhy matey      Your statement is as loaded as Guppys35. The problem is you all won't speak of the deep structure except in secrecy.  YOUR statement is as loaded as it gets....

"The answers will open a few eyes" TO WHAT EXACTLY??????   "Some will answer them and look back to be a bit surprised" ABOUT WHAT EXACTLY????????

Why dont you just say what YOu REALLY WANT to say with out all the loaded questions and staments?

How can some be "surprised"???????   How are the anwsers going to open a few eyes?

YOU Sir are an Elitist!!!

:rofl Some will get upset at what they find out or be totally confused.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2008, 11:58:47 AM »
Simply put, I fly only for one country and I go wherever I can help. :salute
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 12:11:54 PM by DCCBOSS »
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder