Author Topic: Wegaman and Tee Rex defies Entire Japanese Air Force :)  (Read 831 times)

Offline Wegaman

• Zinc Member
Wegaman and Tee Rex defies Entire Japanese Air Force :)
« on: January 20, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
  In the Snapshot, only 2 b26's landed (My b26's had a weird crash, barely touched it on the ground with wheels down and BOOM i died no explosion nothing).

Beurute or someone (forgot name sorry   ) landed his 26' first, and then hangtime and Trex were left to try to get in.

They had went wide left, avoiding most enemies.  Hangtime  augered because his "girl friend" called him and caused him to auger  

It was just Trex, with me gunning.  First zero comes head on, misses us and comes back on our 6, only to escape and linger back while other zekes came on my 6, and i promtly gunned down all 3 of those SOBs (j/k)

THen, that last pesky zero came, knocked out 1 eng and feul, but I managed to hit his stabs  

1 b26 lands with 4 kills.  Cool scenario!!! It was lotsa fun!

[This message has been edited by Wegaman (edited 01-20-2001).]

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2001, 09:17:00 PM »
WTG!!!  
I hope to see an AAR from Busc!  
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2001, 01:21:00 AM »
That Pesky Zero was my Wingman Bertie comming to avenge me , I was hoping to get my 3rd Kill, being the 3rd Zekke you shot ... Wegaman, We will now hunt you down !!!

Saw

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 01-21-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2001, 05:07:00 AM »
Note : I got a kewl screenshot of the Zekke's flight tking off in sunlight HERE : http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum1/HTML/007592.html
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

bertie

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2001, 04:54:00 PM »
The snapshot was great fun.  After the aborted start I defected from the RAF to the IJN to even up the numbers.  This meant that during the combat I shot down my previous wingman Skyman (hehehe).

As for the B26's, after the Spits had been destroyed we got a tally on TeeRex and Wegaman.  I carried out a slashing attack from his 9 and scored several hits.  I then did a wing over and tried to catch up (not on his 6).  Unfortunately, the zero has a hard time catching a B26 on the deck so it took a while (I wasn't trying to "linger", I was trying to catch up).

The other zeros queued up behind the B26 and of course got shot down.  My only option then was to cut the corner and run in at the B26 in the airfield ack, desperation move...  I nailed the B26 pretty well but not enough to put him down   .  All in all, good fun but Wegaman was too good a gunner... <S> all and thx to Saw for being such a good wingie too

P.S. Saw did you get film of fight? i forgot to set recorder.  I can't remember who I go the assist on (Spit).  I think I finished off your 2nd victory????

[This message has been edited by bertie (edited 01-22-2001).]

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2001, 08:05:00 AM »
Hey Bertie's 1st Post ! Welcome to the AH BB, for flaming-suit instructions, call 999-HANGTIME and be ready to "purr"  

I, unfortunately did not film this (am affraid to use the film since it crashed one of my sorties ...CTD.) I only had this screenshot.

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

bertie

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »

Originally posted by Saintaw:
Hey Bertie's 1st Post ! Welcome to the AH BB, for flaming-suit instructions, call 999-HANGTIME and be ready to "purr"  

Hehe, thanks.  I've been watching the BB and thought I needed to pipe up to stop Wegaman from getting too excited :P  Will be wearing the asbestos underwear during all future posts  

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
Welcome to the Snapshots Bertie!  Glad you enjoyed them and hope to see you flying in more.    I just a day or two I will send in the next dozen Snapshots.  

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Wegaman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2001, 09:20:00 PM »
 BUMP MUAHUAHUAHAUAH

Just looking back