Author Topic: tree bug  (Read 513 times)

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
tree bug
« on: April 15, 2008, 04:13:47 PM »
Some trees have no branches going to the ground. But when you get next to them they stop you cold. It's only the trees that do not have branches touching the ground that the problem is with.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
Re: tree bug
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 09:52:11 PM »
Had the same problem here.  running right along, turn to take go around a tree, or inbetween a couple that have an alleyway a couple of vehicles wide and its like running into a brick wall.

Bad part about it is, when trying ot back up to go around, you have to act like a bumper car to find the parameter of the thing.
AKKaz
Arabian Knights

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:09:04 PM »
Had a similar (but possibly related) problem landing in the north western area of the Rhinewin terrain once, when in a P-47.

I kept smashing into invisible things, and wound up pointed upwards on an invisible slope, without any trees for hundreds of feet around and on what appeared to be an entirely flat plane.  I'll try and dig out the video/screenshots soon, and post them here.

This was in the Patch 2, offline.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 03:30:45 PM »
The tree subject is being covered by this thread:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,232818.0.html
I received a message from Skuzzy that "Pyro and co. are already aware of it."....I hope that means they plan on 'adjusting' the killer trees. :aok
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.