Author Topic: Med Leauge: Hang resigns  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Med Leauge: Hang resigns
« on: October 21, 2000, 02:30:00 PM »
Gents; I just fired myself.

Sorry.

Way too much fer me... and I don't wish to whine or squeak.. you all know what happened.

Or what didn't happen.

I've learned my lesson..  and will stay well away from these kinds of things in the future.

<S!>

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2000, 04:27:00 PM »
Hang as i see it nothing that happened was your fault at all, and even with the problems we had at the start at first glance it seems we ended up pretty even, coulda been a lot better but we are still in the fight.

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2000, 04:33:00 PM »
Yo Hang,
        I simply refuse to accept your resignation...none of what happened was your fault. I think you are owed an apology from the CMs and maybe a sqd CO or 2. We manged very well despite all that happened and I expect we can regain or position in future frames. We need a guy like you at the helm.
Please reconsider your decision, I am sure we all feel the same. A big <S> to you for your efforts.

kbman

You ain't no quitter Hang!! Get over yourself

[This message has been edited by kbman (edited 10-21-2000).]

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »
Hangtime, I have no clue what happened, that buffer goes a zillion mph.

I know it is mass confusion but it will get better as squads get better organized.

I hope you reconsider but if you do not I completely understand.

Trying to keep 1 Squad sorted out takes 2 or more people and keeping track of a whole force seems near impossible to me.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2000, 04:52:00 PM »
hi :

I'll give you all my beer if you stay, no wait, not my beer.
Ill give you all of frenchys beer if you stay, and kbmans beer, well ok, and Manedews beer too.

please stay oh mighty leader, the free world needs you to help crush the wicket axis forces as they try to shut down all beer productions world wide.

and if it was I who did something wrong, then I am sorry and it will never happen again.

so tell me Hangtime, just how many e-mails will I have to send before you give in and return to active duty.

*wolf37 standing on the edge of the side walk*  Im going to jump, if Hangtime does not return to active duty I will jump, I'm not joking here, with out Hangtime there is not reason to continue so I will jump if he does not return.

is that a smile I see there Hangtime, hey bud, we do want you back in the drivers seat, if it is not you, it might end up been me and that would be the worst thing for the allied forces. please come back.

wolf37
CO
RAF 234 Spitfire squad
Malta  (a15)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2000, 05:27:00 PM »
Sun; Wolf; kbman.. I appreciate your efforts.. the fault is not yours.

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

skipper

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2000, 06:26:00 PM »
Hangtime,

I'm not sure what you are dinging yourself for, but I suspect the shear scale of things as must happen during the start-up of one of these frames...i.e. questions from all the participants, sorting out the many niggily little problems, trying to create order out of kaos....etc.. are the root of the problem.

I'm certainly no athority, but your efforts seem to have been key to our being able to do all that's been done, so far. Things that were muddled at first are sorting themselves out now, thanks to your and others efforts..

As your handle implys, hang in there, it's getting better each time a frame happens...and as each problem is solved, or addressed, the pressure will be lessened...

Your leaving would be sorely felt, and I do hope you will reconcider...

Regards,
Ed "skipper" Bell

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2000, 07:53:00 PM »
Hangtime, get your butt back there you American Sissy. It's too easy to screew up something and say :"Ok, me bad, I quit".

So what? You leave everything like this, and say:"here's the mess, enjoy."

Learn from your mistakes, dust yourself up and go fighting. grrrr!!!

Frenchy.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2000, 08:27:00 PM »
and take Frenchys beer

wolf37

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2000, 09:26:00 PM »
Uh Oh Wolf! Year, take my beer, I dron't drink anyway, I'm a pilot.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

busc

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2000, 08:05:00 AM »
I cmpletely agree w/other guys tht said..not ur fault, dont give up, we ll learn from our errors...

HST rappresents a different a different, more realistic and complex, way to use Aces High...It will take time, but when all the squad will consolidate into organized groups of pilots (thanks to the increasing relyability and ability to coordinate an comunicate of COs,XOs and pilots) they will also start "living" by themselves..

THIS MEANS:
 CMs will learn better how to use commands and wich commands can be used (for ex. yesterday i desperately tried to switch off radar counters..just to discover today tht was impossible) COs and XOs will be able to create missions by themselves, pilots will know wher to go and what to do..Walkons will get the "go 112 channel and wait from " everyone when askin "where i go? i want f4u."...all the work will be done quicker better and with more partecipation and fun by pilots and COs....

But this takes many weeks and many emails and many squadrons websites..It is not easy i know...But i trust in this project, because i think that i am not the only one unhappy with the N1k-Chog-Main-arena..And I am not the only one wanting a sim and not a game...wanting a more complex experience, closer to a virtual fightin pilot experience.
         BuSc

Rock

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2000, 06:33:00 PM »
Just about all of us cheated a bit. We became (virtual)pilots before we went through (virtual)Officers Candidate School.

There are some who had graduated before they came to AH. But their numbers are few.

It takes a lot of work to be a team CO, Flight Leader and CM. Even being a Newbie 1st LT in your first event is nerve racking. Experience has a lot to do with your success. Sorry guyz, a good MA score doesn't make you a good leader. Only determination and practice can.

We are all in the AH OCS class of 2001? 2005?

It will get better. Fun might be down but, he's not ded.

arhurb

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2000, 03:27:00 AM »
Hang,

Sure It is frustrating. Having to arrange a mess like the one we had is a task in itself. I appreciate much your efforts and hope your decission is not firm, and you do not abandon Med League.

Having said that, IMHO, you did not the right thing leaving the arena. I can understand your motivation, but I expect my Leader overcome all and every hurdle to get the job done. You can leave, you can resign, of course, but leaving in the middle of an ongoing event is not the behaviour I would expect.

Please, no offense intended, I can understand very well your reasons since I was otr when all the B26 flight blew, and felt quite furious myself. I thank you very very much for all the work you have undertook on trying to have Ally side flying. It's only that being frustrated enough, was very very sad watching you leave.

<S>

Pepino.

busc

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2000, 04:07:00 AM »
still waiting for any reply Hang..BuSc

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2000, 09:55:00 AM »
Hang has given us his decision in a few posts now. I think we should respect that, and move on.