Author Topic: squad report for frame 1  (Read 810 times)

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
squad report for frame 1
« on: October 21, 2000, 09:09:00 PM »
hiya all:

well let me see, a report you say, well ok here it is.

the RAF234 Spitfire dquad launched from Malta (a15)
we climbed to 27k well staying close to Malta. we spotted dots on our 3 oclock and turned towards them, they where a bit higher so we started to climb some more. only need about 1 to 2k to reach co alt. the cons we spotted where 109's, the icon range thingy was not set as we could see icons from 9k away. oh well, it will get sorted out.
I did not count how many 109's there where, my squad had 6 spits up, it looked even and we engaged about co alt. we turned and tumbled with the 109's and pulled each other down to about 10k. now that was fine by me as I reported to the typoon squad that was on its way of the 109's. they came in with alt advantage and swooped down on the 109's.
as for the tuffle between the spits and 109's, no spits where lost right away, I had my tail gear blown off and blew my landing.
I ended up as first spit death. so the report ends here as I am dead, lol

ok I am better now and will continue.
now I am not sure looking at my notes, how many 109's we got in that scrap. bet I had my squad land at Malta and re-arm, then launch again. as Nash is the XO of the 234 squad, he was now in command. (sorta) I dont know where they flew to or what alt they climbed. but they did get into a fight with some 109's and 190s at some point. then when the frame time was coming to an end, I had Nash recall all the spits to home.

ok, I know this report kinda sucks but tough cookies, I am not good at writing reports.

in the end, the 234 squad had the following kills and loss's.

wolf37....KIA
Nash......kill a 190, landed
griz......landed
camel.....killed two 109's, landed
lynx......killed two 109's, landed
SkyRdr....KIA

total...four 109's, one 190 shot down
        two spits and pilots killed

as well I (wolf37) gooned V49 for the capture, and you axis can'nt have it back.

wolf37
CO
RAF 234 Spitfire squad
Malta  (a15)

[This message has been edited by wolf37 (edited 10-21-2000).]

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
squad report for frame 1
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2000, 09:24:00 PM »
Wolf, the 109's were my squad (6 of us), and we too were at 27k when we saw your dots.  You looked higher to us, so I ordered our guys to climb to meet you.

I think we lost 1 109 in all of that.  It was a great fight, and when we saw the higher typhoons coming, we bugged out for Sicily!

Cobra

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
squad report for frame 1
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2000, 09:42:00 PM »
We were both even at 27k for the merge, and yes, just 1 109 was shot down (by Camel) in that engagement.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
squad report for frame 1
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2000, 11:04:00 PM »
319th AAR.

I tried repeatedly to get three additional ready and willing guys into the 319th via invite; but was unable to get them to contact me directly to get handles for invites whilst trying to field questions from about 20 guys that had not bothered to read their squad briefs; the general ROE and/or or were unable to figure out who their CO's were or what they were supposed to do. I prioritsed; and began directing avail people who were contacting me directly to the terribly undermanned Spit and P38 squads... as a result, when the fields were locked the 319th lost the three pilots and went OTR undermanned as a result. My fault.. shoulda had someone else take that squad.. can't do both jobs at once.

We upped 3 b26's and 2 c47's otr, and were waiting for the B17's to reach a transit position before upping to join them.

About 5 minutes into the frame; one of the b26 pilots dropped a bomb on the runway, under his plane; and blew all three of the waiting buffs to kingdom come. (best I figure anyway.. watched it happen.. saw some tracer fire from one buff too.. all three were 'stacked' at spawn point. No enemy activity in the area; no kills awarded in buffer)

Having just witnessed this inredible act of dweebery; and having recieved NO response or clarification on losses sustained to other allied squads from hostile acks next to their fields; observing STILL incorrectly set radars in the arena; and getting no response to these querys either, I logged out in disgust.

319th lost 3 b26's to 'friendly fire'; one c47 to intentional disco.

End of 319th.

Hang

NOTE: I reccomend NHFoxtro as new CO for the 319th.. sharp officer; capable and competent. He'll do a fine job.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
squad report for frame 1
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2000, 11:22:00 PM »
hey Cobra, of course the typoons where higher, your squad and my squad dropped 17k well mixing it up. god, next time everybody bring beer, that way when one falls, we wont be diving down like crazy baboons trying to catch it before it hits the ground. we will be able to loose a few bottles and still have plenty to drink and have a good time. and one more thing Cobra, where the heck were the 205's, they where bringing the girls. oh yeah, fun party, not enough beer and no girls. you LW guys ruin every thing. going to plan the next party with out you.

wolf37

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
squad report for frame 1
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2000, 12:10:00 AM »
Lol Hang! Sorry man - that's horrible, but still - hysterical  

You gotta check out this thread over on AGW. I bet that Buff driver feels like these guys.

http://agw.dogfighter.com/agw//Forum3/HTML/015582.html

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
squad report for frame 1
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2000, 04:20:00 PM »
Hiya Wolf,

Correction,

Camel 1/109 1/assit

Thanks again, cya Tues!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
squad report for frame 1
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2000, 04:33:00 PM »
Actually Camel - you *did* get 2 kills.

One was in the initial 109 scrap, but the other came later as we were on final for refueling. You must have pinged someone, and they augered.... 'Cause 10 minutes after that scrap, up the text buffer came the announcement of yer 2nd kill, despite no enemies anywhere near us.

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
squad report for frame 1
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2000, 04:58:00 PM »
Well how'about that  

Missed it in the buffer! That was an intense fight. I was shootin at everything, lucky I didnt hit any spits!  

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
squad report for frame 1
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2000, 05:27:00 PM »
Yeah Camel got *BOTH* my elevators. I flew back to try and land it, but had to punch out, wasn't gonna make it.

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
squad report for frame 1
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2000, 07:15:00 PM »
It was an honor Zig