Author Topic: Muted for a crap reason. Bye.  (Read 1979 times)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Re: Muted for a crap reason. Bye.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 12:04:08 AM »
This just confirms my choice not to tune channel 200 or ever read or type anything in the open "airwaves"...

In fact, I can't think of ANY good reason to tune 200.  Except maybe to hear some quality schmack talk...

I gave you a WTG on 200 the other day PFactor.  Guess you didn't see it.

WTG PFactor!

"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 12:10:15 AM »
Ive shared his sentiment many times after being muted for what I thought was nothing. Ive said many times I intend to quit because im just bloody tired of this game. And yet everyday the first thing I do when I get home it turn on the computer and jump on Aces High. What can I say? Im an addict.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 12:12:41 AM »
We actually have a poster at work that describes how a disgruntled customer ends up costing MUCH more than that. By the time they leave, spread their unhappiness through word of mouth and cause other customers to question their loyalty, or "discover" how they too have been "wronged" and didn't previously know it, and to cause other potential customers to take their business elsewhere to begin with.  The figures are crazy, and are likely inflated so we the employees take customer happiness more seriously- but show something like one disgruntled customer causing the loss of potentially 48 other customers.

I've been in marketing most of my life and the standard rule of thumb is that a disgruntled customer will tell 8-10 other people about their less than favorable experience (in this case far more but he's preaching to the choir so to speak).  It will spread from there but at a vastly reduced rate.  48 seems way too high to me.

The other rule of thumb is that it costs twice as much to aquire a new customer as it does to keep a current customer, so in this regard Mr. Disgruntled is correct.

Oh... BTW... IN.

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 12:20:46 AM »
You know what the sad part is?  You will be back in 3 days with both accounts.  IN.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Allen Rune

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 12:21:31 AM »
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

Seriously, that much fuss over one mute?  :rolleyes:

From now on try pinpointing the problem and discussing the best way to fix it.
The Screwed One

"And so it begins, may it never end."

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 12:27:41 AM »
 :rock I too have thrown a hissy fit and quit 2 or 3 times. Once over a moderator muteing me for 10 mins, said something sheepish I guess :)......Then............... when G.W. got re-elected, and everyone just knew the sand box was a good idea............... I quit for a long time then..(couple weeks)............................. ....... If he wins again I promise I'll quit for good.  :uhoh :huh :eek: :( :O
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 12:30:17 AM »
Yeah, but, how do you really feel?  :rolleyes:
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Acidreign

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 01:19:14 AM »
:rock I too have thrown a hissy fit and quit 2 or 3 times. Once over a moderator muteing me for 10 mins, said something sheepish I guess :)......Then............... when G.W. got re-elected, and everyone just knew the sand box was a good idea............... I quit for a long time then..(couple weeks)............................. ....... If he wins again I promise I'll quit for good.  :uhoh :huh :eek: :( :O

Yah mean talking about sheep is taboo? This i didnt know, guess im gonna be in trouble then lol :)

DDoug: I really dont need a puppy, but would yah happen to have a few sheep i could possibly adopt?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 01:22:30 AM by Acidreign »
GunzSS "Sheep Shagger's"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 01:23:47 AM »

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 01:33:30 AM »
Did you know the FCC regulates exactly 666 frequencies?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 01:43:00 AM »
Paste in a picture of a 10 foot pole here. ---->

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 01:44:59 AM »
some games have fascist type Mods count yourself lucky.

There was this one guy who got promoted over many years to be a head mod and community manager.(so yea he had a little black book of all the guys who had ever handed him his arse in a fight)  The amount of BS that guy spouted muting certain people for minor offences and letting others get away with talking about your mother.

Post out of his line within the rules bam its deleted and your account is banned for 6 months.  Talk about a cute girl your seeing that evening and bam chat lost for a day.  

Now in AH adults can talk about most things and the chat can get a little heated.  Swearing is probably the only thing that should and does get you muted.  

If you cant type something civil dont type it all.  Get over it and carry on playing you won't find a better WW2 game online.  It's your loss.

Bruv
 :salute

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 01:56:11 AM »
Easiest solution to all this muting nonsense: Just get in the habit of using fictional curse words... (at least until they add 'smeg' and 'gorram' to the auto-mute list...)
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 01:56:32 AM »

IIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN        NNNNNNNN
I::::::::IN:::::::N       N::::::N
I::::::::IN::::::::N      N::::::N
II::::::IIN:::::::::N     N::::::N
  I::::I  N::::::::::N    N::::::N
  I::::I  N:::::::::::N   N::::::N
  I::::I  N:::::::N::::N  N::::::N
  I::::I  N::::::N N::::N N::::::N
  I::::I  N::::::N  N::::N:::::::N
  I::::I  N::::::N   N:::::::::::N
  I::::I  N::::::N    N::::::::::N
  I::::I  N::::::N     N:::::::::N
II::::::IIN::::::N      N::::::::N
I::::::::IN::::::N       N:::::::N
I::::::::IN::::::N        N::::::N
IIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN         NNNNNNN
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 01:57:28 AM »
 :rofl
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --