Author Topic: GOOD NEWS FOR NEXT WEEK, and about this week problems  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
GOOD NEWS FOR NEXT WEEK, and about this week problems
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2000, 10:06:00 AM »
The extreme position Mino is to have each player purchase a USB device that sits on top of the monitor and when the pilot is killed, said device discharges a 12.7mm slug into the player's forehead.
With the Med League and Afrika Corps we have two very different approaches to scenario design, run by different parts of the community with different sets of skills and amounts of experience, and they're both grappling with the same problems.
Frankly, it's an exciting time to be an AH player: some will love both environments; and those not satisfied with one of the scenarios will certainly be happy with the other.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2000, 10:54:00 AM »
Verm's points are indeed very valid. The problems inherent are that the nature of targets and bombing accuracy make it ok for a hvy bomber to travel at that high of alt.

Offline xela

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.teamblau.it/iwai/
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2000, 01:23:00 PM »
I for once decided to drop the med league after yesterdays frame as it depicts imho nothing med theatre fighting was about, and for some other reasons.
Btw, s! Verm, looking forward to Afrika Corps.

------------------
Ciao
Alex

xela, 4° Stormo Caccia

busc

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2000, 03:04:00 PM »
mmmm, we'll miss u xela   ..

But we will survive too  ...

Only 2 thing to say...

1)This is a tournament..I am going to give both sides the same chances to win

2) It is difficult to obtain both tactical freedom for the squadrons and realistic low alt tactics ..The day we will get em both i will be an happy man..We just need to find out how..and it seems that we are all workin bad with brains n hearts to get some more  good ideas...That time will come, trust me.

Keep the heads UP! This is Your scenario!
Your ideas will make the difference!    
                      BuSc

skipper

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2000, 07:54:00 PM »
Two thoughts, re-bombers...

If all formations (as opposed to single or jabo style bombers) are required to drop on the formation leaders signal(i.e. his drop) and only in salvo(all bmbs at once..at some preset interval .5 sec or ??) then you have accomplished both a need for the leader to pick an aiming point that maximizes the formation pattern effectively (historicaly correct) and brought the AH bombsight's over-effectiveness into a more realistic level of accuracy...

Secondly, this will require a very tight formation to be flown, if the bombs are to hit the target area...some may not care for this aspect, but I would find it fun on an otherwise less than active mission...the concentration required to fly really tight formations would become a game unto itself..(especially if collisions were on..   )

As an extra added attraction...how about some high altitude flak (just to make things even more interesting..??)

[This message has been edited by skipper (edited 10-24-2000).]