Author Topic: I would just like to Thank Co. FlatIron and XO. OakTree  (Read 1804 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: I would just like to Thank Co. FlatIron and XO. OakTree
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »
That and one other thing.  But I knew that about you before this thread even started Richard.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 06:42:15 PM »
lol thanks for the personal attack.  You may wish to cleanup the post in which you circumvented the filter before skuzzy sees it.  i'm not sure why you're upset with me, seeing as i was merely responding to flatirons post.  The point is, i'm not a bitter axis pilot who is upset they lost the war, i couldn't care less.  I fly for whichever side has the lowest numbers.  My preference is to fly for the allies but, i haven't done that for quite some time because of the numbers imbalance.  I was trying to show that someone who has no bias for the axis is in agreement with their opinion.

"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 06:52:13 PM »
thrila for prime minister!!1
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 07:05:59 PM »
I thought the obvious truth was the ...

VeeDub ... Reschke and discussed his having missed hookin' up with ya in the past last week when he was in town. Didn't know you was a local. So ... you gonna fly in the AvA this week? :)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 07:09:50 PM »
lol thanks for the personal attack.  You may wish to cleanup the post in which you circumvented the filter before skuzzy sees it.  i'm not sure why you're upset with me, seeing as i was merely responding to flatirons post.  The point is, i'm not a bitter axis pilot who is upset they lost the war, i couldn't care less.  I fly for whichever side has the lowest numbers.  My preference is to fly for the allies but, i haven't done that for quite some time because of the numbers imbalance.  I was trying to show that someone who has no bias for the axis is in agreement with their opinion.

If you're that stupid, may the gods bless ya.

-Richard O'Kane

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 07:10:38 PM »
I thought the obvious truth was the

(Image removed from quote.)

by the acklies...

i would say it was most obvious when you all refused to play that this is what we would hear ,and you are right if you don't fight you cant loose ,And you guys may be some real good sticks but you are really really outstanding at not playing  :salute to all the non players for such a outstanding job
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 10:07:55 AM »
lol.

i don't think i'm going allied anytime soon.  too much ego
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 10:40:05 AM »
i would say it was most obvious when you all refused to play that this is what we would hear ,and you are right if you don't fight you cant loose ,And you guys may be some real good sticks but you are really really outstanding at not playing  :salute to all the non players for such a outstanding job

hello old mate :)

geuss what, i went to the MA and asked storch if he would come along and help us capture some allied bases. he didnt answer then promptly logged off.

haha.

:salute to the Slybirds. I do not hold you all in the same stead as people like oaktree. you guys are fun enemy or allies.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 11:29:51 AM »
If you're that stupid, may the gods bless ya.

I guess so, please feel free to enlighten me.  You do seem upset with me however.  Perhaps i've shot you down 1 time too many for your liking.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:32:17 AM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 11:47:09 AM »
 :aok  Great job there Flat and Oak  :salute

I don't fly for either side on a permament basis, i was stating what i observed in the last couple of weeks, which nobody can deny wasn't true.
If "Everbody" knows it already, why'd you have to take a shot at it (the thread?)   Don't recall you taking a shot at those Axis posts on winning the war the same way the Allies did.

~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

VWE

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »
The difference being the axis won those wars against defended feilds in barely half the time.

storch

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 02:01:09 PM »

hello old mate :)

geuss what, i went to the MA and asked storch if he would come along and help us capture some allied bases. he didnt answer then promptly logged off.

haha.

:salute to the Slybirds. I do not hold you all in the same stead as people like oaktree. you guys are fun enemy or allies.

I must have missed that message but in any event I won't be back in the AvA any time soon and had I seen your message I would have declined to participate for the same reason I declined to participate in the last SEA thing after many many invitations to participate, namely I'm bored to tears in the AvA with the incredibly weak allied players and their ack hugging.  I can get a better fight from the AI drone than from the current crop of bandwidth wasters that fly the AvA.

there are better fights in the MA now even though there are players who do the same thing as in the AvA, namely come in at 25k and run to ack the minute they lose the advantage at least with the greater numbers I get a few good fights every night.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:07:59 PM by storch »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 02:20:35 PM »
I have read enough.   :furious

Play AvA or Don't play AvA it's your fifteen bucks.  Don't tear down someone's success, to justify your own self worthiness.   :mad:

The controversial land grab war thing is over now, at least for a little bit.  Suck it up and either participate in AvA (or in development there of) or leave and take your unwelcome comments with you.

Having said this you will most likely see that the new setup, allows for more side changing and has no rewards for griefers.  I do plan to fly both sides to balance when needed (and fly with my good buds there), but only if it does not jeopardize my Allied forum status.

If you think that AvA is going down the tubes because you plan to leave then, take a breath and see how that's working for you.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2008, 02:48:23 PM »
I must have missed that message but in any event I won't be back in the AvA any time soon and had I seen your message I would have declined to participate for the same reason I declined to participate in the last SEA thing after many many invitations to participate, namely I'm bored to tears in the AvA with the incredibly weak allied players and their ack hugging.  I can get a better fight from the AI drone than from the current crop of bandwidth wasters that fly the AvA.

there are better fights in the MA now even though there are players who do the same thing as in the AvA, namely come in at 25k and run to ack the minute they lose the advantage at least with the greater numbers I get a few good fights every night.

i totaly agree with you from the few days i saw of the campaign.

May i make clear that i do not care that allies won the war, i do not even care that oaktree gives allies orders to drag us to the ack and vulch us if possible. what bothers me is that more specific allied orders seemed to read ' go to which ever sectors are undefended and kill buildings '. all night long.

the sad part is that this rolling war scenario type thing would be outstanding fun with the right gameplay attitude adopted.
 if it really was the war we simulate ALL bases are defended. by default that should point gameplay in the direction of finding each other and fighting it out and only then capturing the base if supression is achieved on either side.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 02:51:19 PM by mechanic »

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2008, 03:03:30 PM »
I guess so, please feel free to enlighten me.  You do seem upset with me however.  Perhaps i've shot you down 1 time too many for your liking.

More like you opened your ignorant mouth one too many times for my liking.
  -Richard O'Kane