Author Topic: new war  (Read 757 times)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
new war
« on: April 19, 2008, 03:02:01 PM »
whats up with the new AvA war?  whats the point in playing if we cant capture bases? 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: new war
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 03:05:52 PM »
Fighting?
 :noid

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 03:12:28 PM »
pointless fighting?

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
Thats the best kind.  :aok

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 03:56:38 PM »
Kill the women, eat the dogs, and rape the sheep.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline bcee

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 05:54:01 PM »
BBQ

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 08:11:37 PM »
pointless fighting?

is there really any other kind
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 06:20:18 AM »
That means RT will finally stop hoarding in AVA
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 06:24:38 AM »
whats up with the new AvA war?  whats the point in playing if we cant capture bases? 

There are four MAs where you can milk all you want.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 08:00:05 AM »
There are four MAs where you can milk all you want.

With all due respect TK, there is also a Dueling Arena where you can hold hands and duel all you want.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 08:01:30 AM »
With all due respect TK, there is also a Dueling Arena where you can hold hands and duel all you want.

Come now you know Larry only holds hands in the shower,,,, :huh
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 08:16:10 AM »

With all due respect we have been doing this war crap for three diddlying months and the day we go back to the old way people start crying. So like I said EWMA, MWMA, LWBA, LWOA is the place for milkers.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 08:34:24 AM »
With all due respect we have been doing this war crap for three boinking months and the day we go back to the old way people start crying. So like I said EWMA, MWMA, LWBA, LWOA is the place for milkers.

And you were crying for the last 3 months and everyone was telling you to go to the dueling arena.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline BlueTop

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 08:43:12 AM »
With all due respect we have been doing this war crap for three boinking months and the day we go back to the old way people start crying. So like I said EWMA, MWMA, LWBA, LWOA is the place for milkers.

TK  The old AvA  was very boring for  a lot of people.  I really didn't start playing the AvA on till they allowed us to start  attacking bases.  I hadn't played AH for year's   The last time I was a subscriber was in the old AH 1   were I played AvA everyday.  I would like to see it go back to the really old AvA set up.  Just make an historical Map and plane set up and let people play like they do in the other arena.  I mean don't have a contest  let people if they want to DF fine if they want to try and capture fields fine.   But stop with this winner or looser stuff. Just rotate the map every week.  I really didn't even know there was some kind of a contest on till the last 2 war's

But having it like this is just really boring for me.   Because I like to take out raders and ack  and ords.   I remember this set up and I went over and started to de ack the enemy field and you told me to stop.  Because we just df in the AvA now.  I was really disappointed.   For one thing if you are not very good at df  getting shot down every 5 minutes is not particularly fun.  I guess if you have been playing for 10 years and are an Ace it is a lot of fun.

I just remembered when it changed and I could attack the fields and feel like I was contributing to the game again instead of just being a fly target for the aces to shoot at .  I was very happy.

BlueTop

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 09:16:39 AM »
getting shot down every 5 minutes is not particularly fun. 

Dude.  It's a state of mind.  I've been playing these things for a dozen years, and I'm still getting shot down every five (or fewer) minutes.  Focus on how to do it just a bit better the next time.  There will always be something you could have done better, so the quest provides endless entertainment.

- oldman