Author Topic: LGM Films Proudly Presents..."The Doolittle Raiders"  (Read 1786 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
Re: LGM Films Proudly Presents..."The Doolittle Raiders"
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 07:00:09 PM »
I'm interested in a 40-line explanation of the whole process (i.e., not just a few sentences -- more detail than that -- but not such a large amount that no one will tell me :) ).

brooke.....here is my short but sweet version....

we all waited for the air races to be over, kermit logged in sayin " this should only take and hour or 2" (anyone in kermit world knows that hour or 2 equals 6 hours miniumum) we practiced taking off of the cv, i finally learned to back up a b25 on a cv. so after everyone practiced it was time to get everyone in place. i acutually was able to parallel park my b25 but still have trouble doin it in my car (not needed where i live much).

one at a time we upped with kermits orders after he was ready to roll film. we all kept ourselves entertained while waiting for our turn. after everyone lifted we flew around the cv waiting for others to up as we all upped we would form up on those already in the air. the NOE part was the hardest. kermit wanted us in a single file line...DIDN'T work....but he was able to get the shots he needed.

keep in mind by this time it was already 4 hours into the filming.....2 hours my butt...damn frog..

anyways one at a time he called us in to do a shot of us coming up to the land. giving us different orders each. i was the b25 that was NOE over the trees that popped up to 1500ft to bomb. it was cool shot after i watched the movie i was able to pick out my flight :)

it was alot of fun, we spent long hours, then like a week or so later kermit had us back in there for a "hour" aka frog time "4 hours" to do some other shots with the zekes chasing the b25. not to mention the bombers on the runway doin their "training" when the b25 flew over the field. that shot was awsome!

kermit yelled at me cuz i couldnt turn my zeke :(
i tried but kept knocking my wing off. so i kept tryin and still didn't get it. by this time everyone was dying to shoot each other down. it was all we could do to behave and get the filming done and over with :)

im sure kermit will have a better story but this was my point of view. it is always fun to help kermit with a film, first one i helped him with was "carrier sortie" that was awsome and i dont remember but i think i wasn't yelled at much in the makin of that film either. i could be wrong.

<<S>> kermy, the doolittle memory will live on through each and every one of us that has watched this film. i am sure if they were able to see this film that they would be proud and honored. it was a pleasure to help with this film and be a part of it. a great group of guys helped in the filming of this movie and i would wing with them any day. <<S>> 4440, A8Nisky, Blue, Condor00, dtis30, DUGY, HB555, Hibbie2, Strip, RDRTrash, Wannab and xSHAUNx
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 11:33:31 PM »
Can someone please post this film on youtube or something? I'd really like to look at it.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 12:43:23 AM »
Can someone please post this film on youtube or something? I'd really like to look at it.

dude this film is too big for youtube i think dont they have a limit on the mb's you can upload? this film is like a million mb's ;)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 01:57:25 AM »
To make it stream for dial up users, the video quality would be very poor and the small words would become unreadable.

Film was meant to be seen and heard in it's high quality.

To really experience all the film has to offer, you should listen to it at high volume and with large speakers with a subwoofer.
Some sound examples:
You'll hear the winds blowing by the camera when out at sea, as the B25s are taking off, or the waves crashing on the B25 that ditched on the shoreline.  The AAA whizzing by and the guns on the ground firing, the navy whistle blowing to let you know someone is about to make an announcement right before Jimmy himself talks about what they are going to do in case they are attacked before takeoff.  The navy ships firing their guns sound was taken from the game and then sync'd up with the old video.  Regan's speech at the end fit right in as he used to be a narrator for WWII films.  Many of the sounds were erased and redone so that it would sound better, but without anyone being able to noticed that they were touched.  When the b25s were ditching, that was filmed from another plane, so I had to put in many sounds to make it sound as if I was in the plane at the time.  The scraping on the ground, the engines turning off, all had to be added in during the editing in.  These sounds contributed to the storytelling and no one seemed to notice the touch-ups.  That's a good thing.  99% of the sound effects were taking from the game or waffle's sound pack or other sound packs giving to me via email, one sound file at a time, and all were slowed down, or speed up and also filtered in an equilizer for added bass or to remove high freq noise.

For those on dial up, start the download before you go to bed and in the morning it should be done.  For those fortunate with cable or dsl, it only takes 6-20 minutes to download.

For a working link, please see this thread:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,235056.0.html

Thanks for the great comments!
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 07:15:41 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

If you downloaded it before, download it again, as this is the final version.  <S>

This film is dedicated to those 80 men who flew in the Doolittle Raid on April 18, 1942

I want to say Thank You to:
A8Niskey
Betty
Blue
Condor00
dtis30
DUGY
HB555
Hibbie2
Strip
RDRTrash
WannaB
XSHAUNx

Without you all, this film would not have been made.  Thanks for your help, inspiration and great ideas throughout the filming on that Tuesday Night.
<S>

I owe you all big time.  Lots of sleep was lost during those 4 nights of making this film.

http://lgmfilms.net/aceshigh/TheDoolittleRaiders.zip
File Size: 289MB

Come experience the mission that forever will be remembered in time, when heros would fly, and a nations pride would be restored.

Very nicely done! a big  :salute from a son of that generation.
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 06:05:39 PM »
Can you please update the link i want to save this movie to my CPU.
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »
Hard drive (HDD).  CPU is the processing brains, not the long term memory.

Kermit, Youtube supports that 720p HD format nowadays. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 06:52:03 PM »
Hard drive (HDD).  CPU is the processing brains, not the long term memory.

Kermit, Youtube supports that 720p HD format nowadays. 
He meant it as Computer (cpu) I think.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »
man i want to see this film but all i see is HTTP 404 Not any other way to see the it?
SAPP

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »
Hello Kermit,

I watched, and it was simply great Sir.  It brought that uncomfortable burn you get in the back of your throat and misty eyes when you see what these heroes did.  I send out a big salute to the Doolitle Raiders! :salute  Thank you Kermit for the reminder of why I was interested in Aces High in the first place.  It is because of stories like the Doolitle Raiders.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »
Hmm only movie  I see in the database is the JG11. Where did you find the movie Way? This thread is a year old after all

:salute Raiders.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 06:16:16 AM »
Hello Ivan,

Go to the Aces High Movie site.  Click uploads link at the bottom of the page, click the Aces High Movies link, download "TheDoolittleRaiders.zip".  Enjoy! 
Here is the link to start:http://www.aceshighmovies.com/

Have a great day,

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 06:59:36 AM »
url wont work for me, just keeps loading page for like 5 hrs
It didn't work for me either.  bummer :frown:

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »
See if this works:

Right click Save as:

The Doolittle Raiders

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 03:50:57 PM »
It didn't work for me either.  bummer :frown:

I allready saw it 4 times but never saved it  :rolleyes:
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html