Author Topic: How do you warm up for Aces High?  (Read 1689 times)

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
How do you warm up for Aces High?
« on: April 22, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »
Here is what I do!
The Hay Street Boys

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: How do you warm up for Aces High?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 01:45:55 PM »
roll a durry, get some form of liquid sustenance.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 02:25:24 PM »
Don't see how it could help not being AH or even exciting in the way of music.... I kinda do like that type of music on occasion tho. :) Normally a trip to the DA is what I have been doing lately.

I used to get warmed up this way and since it does help, I posted a thread on our Aces & Eights private BB on the subject. Here it is:

One way you can practice with finding the correct lead is start the game in offline mode. Goto clipboard>options>arena setup>environment>arena settings>flight mode flags, and enable the lead computed gun sight. Once enabled you can select a target drone by pressing the tab key, and + signs will appear showing the correct lead for each of the types of guns your using.

The lead computed site is also enabled in the training arena. You need to press ctl-tab to enable it to work on friendly planes.To turn it off repeat the command.

Finally, you can also use the .target command to experiment with the convergence settings.

.target 400
will make a target panel appear due north of your plane at a constant 400 yards distance. Change the number for different distances, and set the distance to zero when you want to get rid of it.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:28:08 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:46:13 PM »
Well, the "un-exciting" music I don't hear of course while flying but I do think it is appropriate as flying through the hoops makes me think of Hawkeye running through the woods with a "long rifle" in each hand.  It may not be AH but let me tell you, if my concentration is not sharp, I'll clip one of those rocks or miss the hoop.  It's a big time workout that leaves me needing to towel off and gets me ready for combat as well as anything.

I completely agree about the DA.  That is a great way to warm up!  I take advantage of that often.
The Hay Street Boys

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »
I usually fly in the TA for 5 to 10 mins. I will perform a series of stalls, verts, dives, turns, etc.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 03:49:35 PM »
i just go into MA, im usually on so im always warmed up, except for my 1st sortie.
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 03:51:36 PM »
I do 3 sets of 10 eyeball stretches and then wiggle my fingers spasmodically for a good 30 seconds or so.

My final warm up consists of a few wobbly pops to limber up the brain muscle. This helps by killing off the slower and weaker brain cells thereby allowing the healthy cells to work more quickly and efficiently. So far it hasn't helped my flying at all, but it does wonders for my pixel enjoyment.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 04:04:26 PM »
I work out, eat dinner, watch some TV, take the inevitable nap on the sofa and then go jump into the MA's.  This warm-up really eats into my play-time though.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 07:12:26 PM »
I do 3 sets of 10 eyeball stretches and then wiggle my fingers spasmodically for a good 30 seconds or so.

My final warm up consists of a few wobbly pops to limber up the brain muscle. This helps by killing off the slower and weaker brain cells thereby allowing the healthy cells to work more quickly and efficiently. So far it hasn't helped my flying at all, but it does wonders for my pixel enjoyment.

cheers,
RTR

drunk flying should be outlawed  :D :D

and watch everything in the game go up in smoke :O

i drink three ounces of jetfuel while i polish my aviator glasses and clean my leather flight jacket.
i also listen to the entire "Top Gun" soundtrack.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 07:14:11 PM by goober69 »
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »
If I really want to warm up, I'll load a 38 with full gas, and take off from A1 in the TA.  I'll then proceed to do some loops, working flaps, throttle, and rudder.  Then I'll get about 10' off of ground level, with full flaps out, and work on riding the stall and not auger'ing in while watching people fly around me to work on my SA, and never going faster then 100 mph indicated.  I them might also work ruddering my way through handers and through obstacles such as town buildings, hangers, and the water towers on the field.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 08:52:45 PM »
warmups.ahf

edit: Wierd, this film is from awhile ago.  It now displays in my film viewer as  going beside the small pad fighter hanger instead of through, but only that one hanger.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:55:06 PM by Murdr »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 09:59:33 PM »
I take off in the MA in my 38G, get up about 100 feet, roll inverted, slam into the runway and blow up.  I figure I'm ready then :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »
I take a nap.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 01:15:13 PM »
I watch Karate Kid.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Bosch232

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »
I take off in the MA in my 38G, get up about 100 feet, roll inverted, slam into the runway and blow up.  I figure I'm ready then

Now that's funny, I don't care WHO you are...   :D
"Anything worth doing, is worth OVER doing." ~ Mythbusters

Bosch232 - Pigs On The Wing