Author Topic: Laptop for AHII?  (Read 341 times)

Offline zarkov

• Copper Member
      • http://N/A
Laptop for AHII?
« on: April 23, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
Hi, all.

My desk-top recently gave up the ghost and I was thinking of buying a laptop instead to replace it.

Can anyone suggest any decent laptops capable of running AHII?

Thanks in advance!

Z

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Laptop for AHII?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 08:03:32 PM »
A friend bought his <HERE>. Got a good deal and it runs AH great with the hires pak.

He's shipping off to school so he needs a laptop, why do you need one? If you don't really need a laptop, you can get a much better desk top for thless money than a laptop. Just something to think about.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:05:14 PM »
You know the Min requirements for running this game, if not they are on the home page. From what I've found to get what is inside a PC box in a lappy you can be  looking at almost double the price If you can handle that side of things just go with what you know(brand wise that is) Most accommodate sizes and needs.

Offline zarkov

• Copper Member
      • http://N/A
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
I realize a desk-top is (much) cheaper but I decided to look into lap-tops as well as I was thinking of purchasing a new one anyway and I've also gotten into a "gotta travel light" state of mind.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 08:21:16 PM »
zarkov,
     Your going to want something with a seperate graphics card with hopefully at least 128mb of ram. Stay away from anything with shared video memory no matter how much MB is advertised. I ran AH2 on a Emachine with a 3200+ processor and a 64 MB video card for 3 years. Even as recently as 6 months ago it would pull 45-60 fps at a medhigh quality setting. Laptops can certainly run the game if you spend enough to get the good stuff. I paid $1500 for mine 4 years ago and went back to look at the laptops at BestBuy. The only ones close to that performance level were still above a grand. Most didnt even have a graphics card or come with much better CPU's.

Your going to want windows XP if you can because Vista is a computer vampire!

Strip

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 08:57:29 PM »
I Play on a HP running Vista with 1 Gig of ram... works fine!
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline effect

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:03:04 PM »
Dell Insperon E1505 works well, XPS works even better