Author Topic: resigns from command of allied forcse  (Read 812 times)

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
resigns from command of allied forcse
« on: October 26, 2000, 01:56:00 AM »
Hello all:

Well now I know one of the very good reasons as to why Hangtime resigned as Commander in Chief of allied forces in the Med league.
As I am resigning as well.

It is very simple, nobody on the allied side gives a danm. I have sent out lots of e-mails this past week to the squad CO's, I have had a couple return e-mails, one not happy with the mission I was sending him on.

I have no idea who is in command of the B-26 squad let alone who is in the squad. I placed a post for anybody in that squad to contacked me, nope, none of them can read.

I have not heard boo from either of the P-38 squad CO's, Citabria, well the e-mails I send to him just keep coming back. It seems its the wrong address or something like that. I dont know.

I have no idea how many planes the allied forces can put up on Saturday, Oct, 28th.
because the squad CO's can'nt tell me how many planes in there squads were lost last Saturday. I dont know how many planes the axis forces will have. Because the allied CO's dont know how many planes there squad shot down.

what I would like to know is why did any of these people say yeah, I'll be a squad CO.
I assume they all read the rules and know about the scoring in the Med league. witch would mean they should know how many planes there squad shot down. but why they dont let me know I have'nt got a clue. Just because I need the info so I can set up the planning for the second frame, well I guess that is not a good enough reason.

well if I can'nt get any info, why should I bother wasting my time. So I resign as Commander and chief of the allied forces.
Hell better yet, I surrender all allied fields to the axis forces. Camo, well done, you win.

Zigrat, busc, and Camo, I am sorry this is not going to work at this time. I do not think there are enough people in the game as of yet. I do hope you get this all worked out. I will stay on as the CO of the RAF 234 Spitfire squad. If the new Commander and chief of the allied forces ( if you can find one) does not want me as a CO, then I will step down and my XO (Nash) can take over.

Please have the new Commander and Chief contacted me with my orders, my e-mail address is    wolf37@mail.com
If I dont receive any orders, well I will do what I can with my squad.

wolf37
EX Commander and Chief
Allied Forces
North Africa
Med League

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2000, 03:13:00 AM »
I believe that Hang was the CO of the B26 squad. They'll need a replacement(?). Appearantly, we'll also need a replacement for the overall CO job. Yegads - not good. I've enjoyed this league - would be a shame to tank it due to our side not being able to get our toejam together. The next frame is the day after tomorrow.... what to do?

Zig - can u stir the pot a bit on the gen forum? We need to get some kind of response from the Allied CO's.

We'll need a commitment from our CO's by Thursday night at the very *very* latest. The Allied Commander needs to be chosen sooner (he can help to stir the pot), though his orders *can* be distributed by as late as Friday evening.

I can't see it happening any other way.

This *can* be salvaged... but its gotta happen quick.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2000, 04:13:00 AM »
Wolf, welcome to the world of CO'ing.  The way I see it: as long as you don't get hate mails, everything is fine.  

Most of my CO's don't send me emails, but I can usually count on them to show up.  If they won't, thats why there's an XO in each squad.  If they don't show up, they usually have a good reason.  To prevent unintentional no-shows, I try to keep them updated on the mission and schedule beforehand.  Regardless of the troubles, my pilots have had a GREAT time.  Like Nash said, the pilots are enjoying this.  

The timetable has been decided already:  The official start times are on Zigrats page: http://www.iit.edu/~buonmic/med.htm   and the conversion to your own time can be done here: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc  

Make sure your pilots know WHERE to be and WHEN, they will show up.  Keep your plans simple and use the mission editor. That way your pilots can easily be briefed on WHAT to do.

In most of the frames, atleast half of the axis squads have been heavily undermanned.  I believe only the italian 205 squads had their roster full last saturday.  Most squads had 4-6 planes in the air.   But that is ok - as we all know, an event of this magnitude has never been done before in AH, so growing pains must be accepted.

Have faith Wolf, this will come out just fine.  Don't take things too seriously or you will loose the fun.  Most of the time CO'ing is like a one way street, you simply won't get much feedback.  But that doesn't mean that your pilots don't care or are not listening.  They are, and they are willing to do their job.  Silence is the sign of trust, which means you are a good CO.  

But what you really need to pound into their heads is to send you reports.  I've solved the problem by posting here and sending them emails.  Look at my tuesday's axis aar's post.  That is what I tell my CO's to fill. Most have, and those that haven't, will receive emails from me until they have.    This is the hardest part in CM'ing - getting reports from pilots.  Hopefully, when HTC finishes the score logging system, all this will become much easier.

Take a look at the Axis Med League page for the info on axis scores, plane strenghts etc: http://www.hut.fi/u/vpitkane/LLv34/med

How is the progress with the allied score page?  If none of your pilots want to take the job, I can add an allied score page to that website.  That means you will have to email me a report so I can update the scores.

Wolf, keep up the good work.  You are doing fine as the Allied CO.  Don't let your men down and they will reward you on saturday.

Good luck,

Axis CO - Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

arhurb

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2000, 05:33:00 AM »
Wolf, I've just e-mailed the B-26 squad situation, as far as I know. I didn't answer earlier due to Time Zone issue.

B-26 Squad has been a mess since day 1. I can understand, as I posted, Hang resingation.

Last Saturday report

Chapter I
Otr for 15 min.....Clik!...BOOOOOOMMMMM! All B26 Dead.    ->   (we could not find who the hell was the smoker by the gas tank  )

End of Chapter I

Chapter II
I talked to Busc who reopened the field for a new take off after I explained the situation. Unfortunately, Hang (C47), OleNick(B26) and NHFoxtro(B26) had left already  

So, only Beefcake and me were able to go OTR again. After a brief deliberation, and both quite mad at how things were going, we decided to take off to Licata anyway. We tried to coordinate with B17's, with little success.

Flight to Licata at wavetop level was uneventful. After climbing and levelling at 10k we arrived to IP with 000 heading and quite nice lining on target (Licata ack). I saw Lynx covering and received a warning that a enemy 190 was around us. 10 secs after, I was wandering where my right wing has gone. Bailed and captured. Can't remember my killer's name. Nice bounce.

I lost contact with Beefcake and decided to help Allied effort driving a C47 (Captured Licata Airfield).

So, final results of B26 Squad are different wether we take or not the first 3 airframes due to ground crew mistakes.

If we count the first blasts as kills, we lost 4 airframes and 1 MIA (dunno final status of Beefcake) and 3 pilots KIA, 1 POW and 1 MIA

If we only count the sortie, we lost 2 airframes, with the outcome of 1 Pilot POW and the other one MIA.

If I Knew no reports had arrived to you, I should have posted this before.

If your decission is firm, I would ask Med League organizers to make a quick survey in order to have another Commander in Chief....hmmm...errmmmm.....w andering If Allies would get de job done easier with no Commander In Chief...  

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2000, 10:55:00 AM »
I can say ... CAMO's system works indeed ....  

------------------
GATT
4° Stormo Caccia - Knights
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline NHFoxtro

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2000, 12:02:00 PM »
Wolf I'm in the B26 crew under Hangtime

------------------
NHFoxtro
-XO-NightHawks

NightHawks "WE BAD"

[This message has been edited by NHFoxtro (edited 10-26-2000).]

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2000, 01:46:00 PM »
Wolf just seen a post in another thread where Citabria says he has had to quit flying AH due to real life commitments, so that explains why his emails have been bouncing.
It also explians why he never showed for the missions and leaves his squad without a CO.

As for the results it would help i guess if a similar thread to the Axis was put up for Allies so everybody can post and read it blow by blow.
Then we can argue over whether a JU88 was killed by ack or a P38 blowing it to hell  

Previous event had a kills list from log data posted surely if that was posted again scoring can be sorted from that ?

Also i posted results of Citabrias squads flight here http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum7/HTML/000257.html

[This message has been edited by 214thCavalier (edited 10-26-2000).]

Thorin

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2000, 03:41:00 PM »
To 214thCavalier:

If your question regarding the Ju-88 loss is from the frame on the 21st of October, the answer is yes, a P-38 did shoot me down(rob53) over A4. Unfortunately, Camo thought that the loss was due to AAA. Hope this clears any misunderstanding.

Thorin

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2000, 04:31:00 PM »
See?  I told you to write specific reports.      But seriously, it was my bad, I will correct the Ju88 kill in the report.

Cav, we're working on getting the score logs from HTC.  Slowly but steadily.  

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2000, 05:53:00 PM »
hello all:

Alright, I will give this one more try.
God only knows why I should.

wolf37

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2000, 05:57:00 PM »
Thorin,

There is no misunderstanding at all  
If it had bothered me at all i would have mentioned it long ago when i read Camo's reports.
Besides i posted it in our AAR so it was on record and i thought the log file would confirm it anyway.
But its only fair that Rob gets the credit and thx for confirming it.
Although apparently you did more damage to field than i thought, by your AAR when i landed in tower only damage showing was fuel at 100% not 125%
And this was soon after you died. But hey maybe it regenearted by the time i got to tower.
Btw Camo and I have known each other for a LONG time in another sim, which is why he  calls me a "crap" pilot and we all just smile cos its one of those "in" jokes  
Camo is like me we come from EAW and its a real friendly bunch play that sim, so we understand when a smiley is included in a post that its there for a reason and means posted in jest and not to be taken seriously  
Come to think of it i struggle to take anything seriously  

Wolf if i understand the rules correctly Citabrias squad lost 2 Airframes and 1 damaged, 1 dead pilot and i bailed in friendly territory, so we should be capable of lifting a full squad for the next round, err if we can fill the pilot seats that is  

[This message has been edited by 214thCavalier (edited 10-26-2000).]