Author Topic: Vista won't connect  (Read 290 times)

Offline BMV1995

• Zinc Member
Vista won't connect
« on: April 24, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »
My friend has Win Vista and when we tried to make an account it said can't connect to host. :confused:
Then I tried to log on and 'Could not connect to host.'.  :mad:
We even put the security on the lowest setting and put it to exceptions at the firewall.
But it just won't connect. :furious

Any help? :(

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Vista won't connect
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 05:24:19 PM »
If you can get to our WEB page with a browser, but the game cannot connect to create the account or to login, then it is definately a firewall issue.  If you are behind a router, it could be a router firewall.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:32:42 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 10:21:34 AM »
Turn off vista firewall and any anti spyware add on programs. I have spyware doctor on my system and i had to disable the full time protection or it would not let me connect to AH. That program never used to do that but since there last update i can't have it running while trying to log on to AH or play the game.

Offline doleboy

• Copper Member
      • mushrooms
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 02:30:28 PM »
An excerpt from the 'readme' file in the Aces High 2 folder.

You will need to update your firewall to allow Aces High access to the internet after you install any new version (update).  If a new version of Aces High locks or hangs when you try to log in or submit a registration, this is most likely the problem.

We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be.

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 07:48:47 PM »
Also make sure you download and run AH as the "Administrator" this will save you tons of hassles in the game.

Offline BMV1995

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »
Well he NOW has a maleware protection because last week he had a virus or something like that.
But we already tried to log on almost 2 weeks before that and it didn't work.
As to upgrades: we downloaded the new version yesterday. It still didn't work.
And we discovered another error: As he can't play online he played offline, but he is not good at flying so he used vehicles. He soon found that the jeep was his favourite as t is very fast in contrast to the ther ones. That is why we only discovered 4 days ago that if he tries to destroy building he can't!
What should we do?

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 10:45:13 PM »
You need to check what is running in the background.  I know some people running spybot are having issues getting online with some games.  It's gotten rather bloated and restrictive.
Couple that with windows firewall, defender, uac, and possibly conflicting protections like dual spyware protection/firewalls + routers well, you get the point. 

Like skuzzy said, if you are able to get online via the http protocol, changes are you are capable of playing ah2 but need to ensure it's not connection restrictions.

I was just at a persons house removing 5 different spyware / adware / virus protection applications that were keeping his FIREFOX from opening.  Only IE would work.
Not to mention, his cpu was at 40% at idle!

Sometimes, surrounding ourselves in a big foam protective package is not living at all.  Rampant paranoia or ignorance often yields new dual core systems running like dx2-50's (for you oldies out there) :)

AVG free, zonealarm personal and Firefox - use those and only those and you should be fine most of the time.  Just don't click OK when you see popups when viewing pr0n or searching for 'cool screensavers' and shiet like that. If it won't let you go past with cancel, ctl - alt - del and end task on firefox...start new session when it comes back. 

If you only runs those above (I personally think a hardware firewall built into a router is just fine and zonealarm is not needed) I think you should be good and will be able to launch ah2 without issue (now playing is another thing depending on your system too)