Author Topic: Fridays Snapshot LW AAR  (Read 429 times)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Fridays Snapshot LW AAR
« on: July 21, 2001, 12:17:00 AM »
Divided into 2 flights

Wotan at 29

Skernsk at 30

each flight had 6 pilots but as more lw entered they were doled out. Not sure of final numbers.

Skernsk was to patrol between a23 and 33

I divided my flight into 2 Catiso leading a patrol from 23 22 to 61 ......

Me from 27 to 61

MrSmiley and Chevy(part of my 27 to 61 flight) were ordered to patrol under cloud layer while me 10bears and Akhoopy remained at 25k
Chevy who had upped without dt was lo on gas I told him to rtb.

Spotted 3 p47s hi my 2oc told skernsk to take station ovr 24 61 and drop 2 pilots  under cloud layer

Initially called catiso n but the told his group to station at 22. His flight having spotted skernsk and co dropped thier dts and were lo on gas and some rtb'd.

Twisted and danced with 47s for a bit and ordered MrSmiley to grab. He was soon saddled by a 47 and was killed.

Akhoopy and I stayed west 24 and I engaged a 47 got hits and Akhoopy finished him

I spotted buffs 30k to the west and AKhoopy  and I took up position near lo 6 to incoming buffs and repeatedly called off their position.

At this point I expected 190s to close from south east and west on buffs and am not sure what happened to skernsk flight. What was left of catiso's flight (swamprat and chunder) took up position s of buffs.

While waiting to group up a 47 came within 1k my 6 I split essed got on his 6 and put 20mm in his cockpit killing him out right.

I then caught up with buffs and to my surprise I only saw swamprat chunder ranger33 and AKhoopy prepared to engage buffs.

Swamprat engaged I followed
I killed 1 buff out right then (originally thought I killed 3 till i watched film) then flew through the dicke autos formation shooting several others ending up with 2 assists (swamprat finished both).

Down to 13mm I made several more attacks on 2 seperate buffs ending up coliding with 1 in hvy cloud cover.

Was great fun sorry for my less then stellar leadership. I had originally not planned on participating and had not read writeup and when I entered sea i was asked to co. Hopefully next time if we redo this it will be different results  :)

S! to all had fun

heres film click on film2 to download

friday snapshot

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Fridays Snapshot LW AAR
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2001, 08:48:00 AM »
Wow we kicked arse  :) AH lw aint done yet  :)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Fridays Snapshot LW AAR
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2001, 10:34:00 AM »
Had a blast. Here are some screen shots. Buffs coming out of the clouds was awesome!
 www.ropescourse.org/pics4.htm
Have not read the AAR yet of ghosths. My guess is about 6 buffs survived. I know that many returned (just to the CV for fun).  :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure