Author Topic: Spawns  (Read 1102 times)

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Spawns
« on: April 25, 2008, 02:46:58 PM »
I don't know if ya'll know this about spawns but they were made to mimic regular takeoff procedures.  The current oneonone mission just has the spawn on the runway for convenience and a quick furball.  However, it doesn't make for an immersive mission.  The following is an example of how to take advantage of the AI movement:

Set your spawn points perpendicular to the initial TAXI segment and a reasonable distance away (spawn points circled in cyan):

When the mission starts, note how all the planes are seperated and visible to each other.  This route with three flights of P51s were set to Spawn Type 'Vee':

Once the planes start rolling they will approach the point on the taxi segment directly in front of the flight.  They will approach the taxi segment in order of fartherest flight from the end of the taxi segment to the closest flight to the endpoint.  As you can see, it makes for a more immersive mission experience.

Anyway, you guys are doing great.  Just thought I'd toss in something you may not have discovered yet.

- Sudz

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Re: Spawns
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 03:10:22 PM »
I've been working on that Sudz, here's a a sample from the mission I'm working on.

It's a formation of 20 B-26's for a medium altitude mission.

They taxi out, and then after the mission, they taxi back to the bomber pad, very cool!
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: Spawns
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 03:48:56 PM »
Thanks for the help sudz, I've been wondering about that for a while.

<S>

Yossarian

P.S.  Baumer, that mission sounds super cool (I love all B-26s, A-20s  :D)
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ