Author Topic: Your next firearm purchase...  (Read 1528 times)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Your next firearm purchase...
« on: April 26, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »
Well uncle sam is going to be funding my next firearm. My safe if full but i could use a couple extra toys. If you have a special buy please fill free to post a link.

This would be a nice set up for Bev. She would like to start shooting and she loves my g 35. Its also a nice price for a idpa ready pistol.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=357706

I would love to have this plinker and 30 cal has come down in price over the years.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=280422

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Re: Your next firearm purchase...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 01:28:32 PM »
Sorry at the high road you must have a account. If your into shooting this is a great place to post and trade guns for sale.

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 01:29:30 PM »
both links
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
   2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
   3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 01:50:42 PM »
You know I've got to the point I really don't take much interest in my guns.It's really hard to understand,because I was a good shot in the service,and while I was in law enforcement I was a firearms instructor.I surely wouldn't spend anymore money on firearms,I don't shoot the ones I have.I was going to get in S.A.S.S....single action shooting society,but I lost interest.So now I have a sawed off double barrel 12 gauge shootgun,a nice 6 inch barrell Schofield with about 18 rounds thru it,and a CZ 75,that I've never fired.I at least clean them now and then,but I don't go out to the local range at all.I guess all my time messing with guns in the service..law enforcement,caused me to be less enthusiastic with firearms.
IronDog

Offline Ironblade

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 01:57:06 PM »
Salute all
Just finished a build on CAR 16 style AR15 but im in same boat more guns than safe space ..lol
Probably get new wall safe.. also remember those carbines  are much cheaper through CMP
 http://www.odcmp.com with the price of Brass going up my 357 is like an SUV :rofl
Looking for good prices on 5.56mm ammo!! May just start reloading been saving my brass..
Hay St. Boys

Offline Ironblade

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 02:00:22 PM »
Wow Irondog
You have made me depressed for you, wake up man put down the joystick and get to the range !!! My time in service only increased my love of firearms you probably need a group of friends local to hang with at the range make a day of it... :salute
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 02:02:42 PM by Ironblade »
Hay St. Boys

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 09:52:11 PM »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=97711760
this is a nice one.

that 15 minute rule they have for this auction is nice, be nice if other online auctions had that kind of rule.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 10:02:05 PM »
I must agree with IronDog.  When you're forced to spend time at the range to keep your job, it's no longer a fun experience.  I use to enjoy it, now it's a necessity.

P.S.  It's gotten to the point where I enjoy reloading more then shooting.

P.P.S.  If I were to purchase another, it would be a Smith & Wesson’s 329PD .44 Magnum Lightweight Revolver.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:30:27 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 10:06:28 PM »
The next firearm I would like to get is an M-14 in .308 (7.62X51) I know Springfield Armory has one that is nice.

Right now I have to many projects, not enough safe space, and live in Commiefornia.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 12:02:58 AM »
AK of some type.

and the local Big 5 has a couple of Model 1891/59 Carbines I am debating between one and an M44.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline LTARGlok

• Probation
  • Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »
I did not buy a gun for myself recently, but I purchased one for my son yesterday.   It should arrive at his FFL within a week and a half.

One of his friends has a Remington 700 in .22-250, and he really wants to get one too.   Since he mainly plans to use it on Jackrabbits and Coyotes, I figured that the 700 LVSF model would be the best one to get for him.   This is what the rifle looks like:

And here is an overview of it:

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_LV_SF.asp

Total cost of the rifle with the Nikon Monarch 4-16x Scope for it, rings and bases for the scope, and various shipping costs for everything will be about $1,250

However, my son will be putting $550 towards it.   So it will not entirely be a gift.   I will only be out about $700.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 12:41:03 AM »
Damn rpm, that's nice.  I own a couple of Taurus revolvers, they're not bad firearms.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline LTARGlok

• Probation
  • Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 01:48:46 AM »
I want one of these.

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver

(Image removed from quote.)

There is something about "The Judge" that makes me believe that it would hurt a lot to be shot by one.   Perhaps it is this image of a Judge being loaded that makes me believe this: