Author Topic: Your next firearm purchase...  (Read 1526 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Re: Your next firearm purchase...
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 08:47:12 AM »
The judge is one of the few firearms that has come out recently that I would have no interest in owning.. that and maybe a 500 SW.

the judge because it is too big for it's puny power and the 500 because it is too small for a rifle and way to clumsy for a handgun.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2008, 08:57:56 AM »
Yet the Judge is selling so fast Taurus can't keep it on store shelves. Go figure.

I don't think much of it either. I can think of a lot of other firearms to put $500+ towards.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline LTARGlok

• Probation
  • Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »
Wrong. The new Judge is chambered for 3" mags.

Well, except it does not appear that this new Judge is even available yet.   It is no where on any of the online auction sites.   Taurus does not even list it yet on their own product pages as being available.  No product reviews yet of it even in any magazines.  And that usually happens at least a couple of months before a gun is available on the market.

So while you are correct that this new 3" chambered model has indeed been announced, I see absolutely no evidence that it is in the hands of shooters yet.

Offline LTARGlok

• Probation
  • Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2008, 04:28:45 PM »
hey!

I was referring to taurus' website...  http://www.taurususa.com/whatsnew/revolvers.cfm  says new version fires both 3" magnum and 2.5" shotshells   :rock

Ah, OK, I was looking on their actual product pages, where it is not yet listed.

Sounds like while this new model has been announced at this point, that is all.   I can find no evidence that it is yet available for sale.

Some companies are good about not pre-announcing new products too far in advance.   Others, though, are not so good about that.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out that this new model has indeed been announced.