Author Topic: Killshooter Off NOT a good idea  (Read 1162 times)

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
Killshooter Off NOT a good idea
« on: August 27, 2000, 04:27:00 PM »
Just why the heck do you disable killshooter in the scenarios?

I just got shot down by a friendly in the "Memphis Belle" scenario. I was flying B17s. (I'm sending a complaint to HTC and the CMs by e-mail.)

Having Killshooter to off is just an invitation for troublemakers to crash the party. You really think you can count on all the players respecting the rules?

Needless to say, I'm not eager to participate in scenarios if that means any player on the same country as I can shoot me down just for the fun of it or because of a grudge.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

Nath-BDP

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2000, 04:43:00 PM »
Maybe if you took the pole out of your bellybutton people wouldn't want to shoot you.

------------------
Geschwaderkommodore JG 54
"Grünherz"

Aces High Scenario Corps

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 08-27-2000).]

funked

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »
I talked to the pilot who shot down DrSoya and he explained that he was shooting at a 109 and he accidently hit DrSoya.  He said he was sorry and that it was definitely not intentional.

As you can see from this screenshot we were in very close formation and it was quite easy for such an accident to happen.

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2000, 05:23:00 PM »
[B17Pilot] (handle ommitted), it would have saved a lot of trouble if you had wrote that it was not intentional. I asked for explanations in private, but you never answered.

OK, you were probably busy, and my requests, while polite were probably distinctly agressive (you can understand my frustration, no? but I took care never to be insulting), but I came back in the arena 10-15 minutes later, but you still didn't answer.

Well, let's forget this then. I apologize for jumping the gun quickly.

But the more reason for my question: why the heck does killshooter setting has to be off?

This is the second time I get shot down in a scenario. (I got shot down by a friendly last month in a WB scenario, another mishap.)

Killshooter ON can't but make people more cautious of where they fire.

I'm really not eager in participating in other scenarios where I could get shot down by friendly fire.

At least certainly not as a buff since we try to fly in close formation.

------------------
DrSoya

Renfield

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2000, 05:30:00 PM »
I guess the decision will just have to be made about whether to eneable or disable killshooter for each scenario. The fact is that interrupters were installed on the guns so that excited crewmen wouldn't shoot through their own airplane parts as they tracked a target across their tail, etc.

In real life people would however track an enemy plane right across a member of the formation and there were friendly-fire damage, kills, and even lost aircraft similar to this event.

It is realistic. Just depends on how realistic we want to be. Unfortunately in real life people were more careful and probably even more skilled. It was life and death and anyone who intentionally shot another friendly aircraft would no doubt face a firing squad or be shot on the spot.

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2000, 05:33:00 PM »
Nath: what are you talking about exactly? Have you ever been witness to wrongful actions on my part? Please tell, I'm all ears.

What exactly do you refer by "pole out of my ass"?

------------------
DrSoya

Nath-BDP

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2000, 05:48:00 PM »
Dunno, DrSoya, you could answer that yourself.

Anyway, heres a film from my 109(1.3mb)

http://pobox2.zyan.com/~nath/film3.ahf

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 08-27-2000).]

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2000, 06:48:00 PM »
Thanks for the film of the "Memphis Belle" scenario.

I see my gunner got someone.    (Tek was gunning in my B17.)  I don't think you were anywhere near us though.

You still haven't explained the "pole out of my ass" remark, Nath. What did you mean exactly by that?

------------------
DrSoya

funked

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2000, 08:30:00 PM »
Play nice kiddies.  No need for this kind of toejam.

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 08-27-2000).]

Renfield

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2000, 12:32:00 AM »
Nath tends to this kind of stuff occasionally DrSoya. I lump him in with RAM and a few others. If you check his posts in other threads, it's the same kind of stuff. It's too bad, too.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2000, 11:10:00 AM »
Totally uncalled for, Nath, especially from a CM. I think DrSoya has a legitimate complaint, and should be taken seriously. I don't neccessarily agree with him, but there's no reason to respond the way you did.

Nath-BDP

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2000, 11:23:00 AM »
It's called something 'personal' that has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

bah nevermind, people here always comment on things here that they have no clue what its about.

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 08-28-2000).]

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2000, 12:42:00 PM »

Originally posted by Renfield:
Nath tends to this kind of stuff occasionally DrSoya. I lump him in with RAM and a few others. If you check his posts in other threads, it's the same kind of stuff. It's too bad, too.

LOL 10 days have passed by and he still is crying  

Keep on the HO...er...the crying, renfield  

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2000, 12:48:00 PM »
DrSoya, the Scenario Corp (CM Group) will take your comments into account when designing future events.

We are sorry if you had a bad experience with this setting, and we hope it doesn't keep you from participating in future events.

But I do have to point out that there are many valid reasons for this setting in historical settings.

For the rest of you and your petty arguing, take it elsewhere. Special Events and the Events forum are not the place for it.

------------------
Vermillion
Senior CM, Aces High Scenario Corp.

[This message has been edited by Vermillion (edited 08-28-2000).]

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2000, 12:53:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nath-BDP:
It's called something 'personal' that has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

bah nevermind, people here always comment on things here that they have no clue what its about.

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 08-28-2000).]

Then keep it personal, and out of an unrelated public thread.