Author Topic: Will my laptop be able to run Aces High?  (Read 204 times)

Offline fmjnax

• Zinc Member
Will my laptop be able to run Aces High?
« on: April 27, 2008, 04:29:35 PM »
I will be traveling for work for a few weeks very soon and want to see if I can get AH on my laptop and be able to play. My laptop is a business laptop, so I'm thinking I may not be able to play very well, but it's worth a shot. Here's what I've got:

IBM Lenovo T60
Intel Code Duo T2500 @ 2Ghz
2GB DDR2 PC5300 in Dual Channel
ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
Windows XP Pro plus all that other good stuff

From what I can tell, I should be able to run well enough, but I'm not sure about the graphics card. Any ideas?
knacks - Jokers Jokers

Offline fmjnax

• Zinc Member
Re: Will my laptop be able to run Aces High?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 06:39:22 PM »
Well, it looks like it does indeed play AH!!!!  :aok  Set to 1024 HiRes will full graphic details (including AA and AF). Was getting at least 30FPS in the offline arena. Will do some online testing later tonight.  :t
knacks - Jokers Jokers

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
Re: Will my laptop be able to run Aces High?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:34:21 PM »
cool dude.  I would say no normally to be honest.  Mobile chipset ehhh...very choppy and poor.  On my mobile ati card I was able to at least bomb, pretty cool considering the option (NO AH2!)
But your grafx card is probably a bit better than what they were putting in laptops.  That's a decent laptop, at the very least you could bomb.

I'm still wondering why they couldn't create an ultra fast card reader slot and allow for ultra fast cards like hard cards (hard drives) etc that would allow on demand upgrades/addons, of which a video card would entice many people like myself who don't want to spend $4k on a laptop to occasionally play ah2, but would willingly spend say $300 to do so when on the road. :)

Gl to you and your laptop.  See you up there.  :rock