Author Topic: CM's, How much control do you have over DAR?  (Read 527 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
CM's, How much control do you have over DAR?
« on: October 28, 2000, 08:45:00 PM »
My real question is, can you enable RADAR for one country, and not another? The reason I ask is, I thought it would be cool to re-enact a night bombing mission with Lancasters on Germany. I would make this more `early war' than `late war'. Since we don't have a Ju-88 (Yet) that can be loaded out with a belly gun pack, I would use B-26s to mimic The German Night Fighters. Hell, they could even use the top turret to imitate schrage muzak. The fighters themselves would have grid RADAR as would the Lancasters (Or for the sake of argument, Rooks (Lancasters), Bishops (B-26 aka Ju-88 Nachtjaeger). The third team, Knights, would only have a few players in to act as GCI with Pinpoint RADAR. The map airfields would be set up with basically the Rooks on a few bases on one side of the map, and Bishops on the otherside. Some Knight airfields would be located in strategic positions in the bishop territory to create the GCI Radar Line
(e.g.-Kammhuber-Kinos).

Just an idea, though, based on what you can do with in game RADAR. We could simulate night by setting the clock to 5:30 and not letting it progress. Also, you could have some 109/or 190 night fighters controlled by the GCI as well.  Then we would have to allow P-38s to simulate Mossie Night fighters     (Or was the P-38M used in Europe? I think it was only a Pacific Theatre Fighter). Anyway, it was just an idea.

SD

P.S.-GCI would have to communicate to flight leads through direct radio transmission or R.W./Battlecom/et al.

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 10-28-2000).]

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2000, 04:45:00 AM »
I've had something like that in mind already for a coming Snapshot  

Well since the latest update we have full controll over radar. There's several options to choose from:

No radar,
Friendly markers
Freindly dot
enemy markers
enemy dot
all radar on everywhere

you can basically put together as you like for example friendly markers only and enemy dot radar if you wish for one country and all radar off for the other country...
this is pretty flexible now.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2000, 08:05:00 PM »
Sundog, go ahead and write it up.   I would love to get some events written up from other players.

Please check our Events site to see the general format we look for.  If you want you can just e-mail it to me directly.

Hope to hear from you.
-------------------------
CM, CO, daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Snapshots and Check 6!
CM Schedule
Event Calendar

The propeller is just a big fan in the front of the plane to keep the pilot cool. Want proof? Make it stop; then watch the pilot break out into a sweat.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2000, 07:43:00 AM »
Sundog, I haven't tested the settings yet, but I believe we can do what you want.

We can turn sector counters on and off now per country (friendly and or enemy).

We can also turn inflight radar to on, off, or tower only per country. The radar coverage distance is also configureable.

Does that answer your questions?

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2000, 08:56:00 PM »
Yes!

Thank you very much. I will check the format required and start writing a scenario up for submission.

Sundog

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2000, 10:52:00 PM »
FYI, I have been working my butt off at work (Makes me a smaller target in AH!    ) and with all the fun I am having in the North Afrikan Scenario now, I haven't had much time to work this one up. However, some time will free up either at Thanksgiving (iffy) or in December (Likely). I will definitely get you something on this then.

SD