Author Topic: wow check 6 today sucked  (Read 688 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
wow check 6 today sucked
« on: March 18, 2001, 02:39:00 PM »
no leadershuip, fields not set up right, was just overall bad  

please have duckwing teach all cms how to host scenarios.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
wow check 6 today sucked
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2001, 04:24:00 PM »

I'm sorry for the hassle in the beginning.  I came to the event just to fly in it, when I heard that the main CM wasn't present.  Sabre was the second CM, but this was his first time hosting an event. I helped him getting the show on the road, which took a bit too much time, as it was my first time CM'ing as well.

The settings for the scenario were a bit unclear so we had to tweak them a bit as we went along.  Sorry for the troubles this caused - for example the rebuild times.

The CM tools have the option to create your arena settings in advance and save them.  If we would have had those ready, I'm sure none of the hassle would have happened.  We had to manually set up the arena, which lead to the delays and troubles with the arena settings. All this is no excuse of course - the settings should have been ready.  I don't know why they weren't.

But all in all, I think the event turned out quite well in the end.    There were some 80 people online for the first sorties, in the end it dropped to about 40 pilots.  The sides were quite well balanced throughout the event, with a minor allied advantage all the time.

Once again, I'm sorry for what happened Zigrat! I'm sure the next event will be a better experience for you!  

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
wow check 6 today sucked
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
no problem camo we all appreciate that you guys all volunteer your time to set these things up. just after my last 2 check 6s being so great this one didnt turn out that well, i would suggest in future trying to find commanders like before so there is a sense of leadershpi and purpose like in the "battle of the isles", i thought that worked out better..

anyways thanks for your efforts <S>

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
wow check 6 today sucked
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
I had a pretty good time with it, even though I had to bail out at 4pm.  I did notice the organization seemed to be lacking and some real confusion about when those killled could re-up.  While sitting in the tower, I noticed a few confused players upping again.

I've seen worse, such as the event Saturday, which was just a disaster.  Some days are good, others are bad I suppose....I think with more and more people discovering how fun these things are, it gets more complex getting everyone squared away.

Anyways, my 2 cents.  Coulda been better, wasnt the worst.

------------------
Paul J. Busiere

Aces High Arena handle:  BD5Pilot
 http://bd5.checksix.net
BD-5 "T" (TurboProp) 90% complete, first flight in 2001 (We hope!)

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
wow check 6 today sucked
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »
It was fun none the less  

CRASH

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
wow check 6 today sucked
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »
Just an FYI.....

I have assigned a CM taskforce to create and document a "How to host a scenario" cookbook that will be given to each CM when it is complete. The goal is to have every event run exactly the same, regardless of who is CM'ing the event.

We are aware that there is a wide range of expertise on the CM team right now, but we're working on it.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
wow check 6 today sucked
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
Sheesh Zigrat they did try to find commanders ahead of time.

Offline Jebo44

• Copper Member
      • http://www.vmf222.com
wow check 6 today sucked
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2001, 03:15:00 PM »
Hey guys I know ya'll are pissed about the event last night. I tried to do my best but I goofed partially. We still got the targets down so I did not do too bad. And yes I know thats because most of ya quit listening to me and those that noticed what and where I was messing up then, hey thanks for the help and support.

Anyway as much as Zigrat and LePaul will never follow me into battle, ditto here... I will never follow you or ask you to follow me ever again. It is unfair for you to criticize me when I had no time to prep or create missions. I goofed there not in any way you are thinking but by volunteering for CO. You were apart of the Allied team also so you could of offered your help. So don't lay all of this on me.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
wow check 6 today sucked
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2001, 04:06:00 PM »
jebo this post was not about your snapshot but one that was two weeks ago

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
wow check 6 today sucked
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2001, 04:09:00 PM »
btw jebo i am not critisizing you at all buddy, i realize you are new to the game and havent been ehre for a year like I have now..

we all really appreciate your stepping up,.... this thread was created in response to a snapshot where there was literally NO leadership, you did a fine job  

Offline Jebo44

• Copper Member
      • http://www.vmf222.com
wow check 6 today sucked
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »
Thanks Zig I was getting the impression that you did not like NewB's which some dont. I am glad to say that I am glad that is not so

I promise that the next go around will not be disorganized. I would follow you because you care enough to set the record straight. Thanks <S>