Author Topic: HST SUSPENDED  (Read 560 times)

busc

HST SUSPENDED
« on: November 01, 2000, 09:24:00 AM »
Hi HST people,

We are having various problems with HST.

The staff of HST (Busc, Camo , Zigrat)   decided that the wisest choice is putting HST "on hold" ...

I take full responsibility for all the problems we had with this event because having some experience in scenarios I  was supposed to predict, before starting HST, many of the problems that actually we encountered in it.

I love the base idea and the potential of HST,  but for various organization and time conflict we need to put "on hold" HST till at least december or january (when AC will be over).

This is not "killing" the HST, this  is just suspending it..Taking the time to skip the Afrika Corps-conflict-related problems and returnin back when we'll  be also  far better organized..

Please note that your organizing work and your AARs are not wasted, we will finish calculating scores and provide a scoreboard in 1 week from now.

I am sending this mail to the whole HST mailing list..This mailing list will be used in the future to advertise coming special events and the new edition of HST. If you want to be removed to this mailing list please send a mail to Busc asking to be removed.

Thanks to all for all your work and dedication to this scenario, thanks a lot, I actually will miss this scenario, maybe I am not the only one....

This could be the end of a project, but i hope this will be just a new start, waiting for your opinions..

Thanks again and stay tuned for news    

Busc, Camo, Zig

[This message has been edited by busc (edited 11-01-2000).]

VISCONTI

HST SUSPENDED
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2000, 10:20:00 AM »
I think this is a wise decision, WTG busc camo and zigrat.

I hope to see HST back when AK end.

No one give you money for your effort on put HST in operational status.
<S> to busc, camo and zigrat
<S> to all those that work for scenarios, they give new life at AH.

[This message has been edited by VISCONTI (edited 11-01-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
HST SUSPENDED
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2000, 11:46:00 AM »

I'll be here for when it resumes or the next series.  Just remember, everyone is learning so nothing is in vain.

<S> to all you folks who put so much time, effort and feelings into this.

- Westy

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
HST SUSPENDED
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2000, 12:24:00 PM »
Sorry to see that, had a blast, even walking around on the ground with Hamish hoping we'd get rescued in time.  Ah well, by Jan. we ought to have a lot more planes (boats?) to work with too.

arhurb

HST SUSPENDED
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2000, 02:18:00 AM »
<S> to all HST crew.

First, I really thank you for all the work It's obvious you pour into this project.

Second, my applause for taking into consideration Agenda concerns. In my particular situation, would be very difficult to attend both AK and ML.

The problems we all suffered, as you say with regards to AAR's, are not wasted. I'm sure AK has taken good note on all this stuff going.

All in all, I had a wonderful time while in Med League. I hope to see the scenario back when AK is over, but, please, take time to have it all correctly arranged on the technical side.

Best regards and, again, thank you.

Pepino.

busc

HST SUSPENDED
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2000, 04:08:00 AM »

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
HST SUSPENDED
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2000, 08:41:00 AM »
I fully support u guys wtg

U guys took the initative too make a scenari. This is something new to many off us and we have too grow up with it and get mature.

The first persons taking the initative will always lay under fire from critisism.

I honour u because i think it's brave making up these gigantic events.

The last scenario was a big buildup off mistakes that could happen. It was pure bad luck. But if u don't make mistakes u never learn. I think we learned a lot lessons now
The Afrika corps scenario will take some advantage off this but if u start this scenario after Afrika corps, and learned the lessons there.
I will be sure that this one becomes the big banger.

<S> Busc, Zigrat and Camo

Offline NHFoxtro

• Copper Member
HST SUSPENDED
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2000, 10:10:00 AM »
does HST mean Med League and Africa Corps?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
HST SUSPENDED
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »
No HST means the Med League.

Afrika Corps is a totally seperate event, and will procede as scheduled.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure