Author Topic: Why do You fly what You fly??  (Read 3594 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Why do You fly what You fly??
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
Well said creamo.

AKDejaVu

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2001, 11:00:00 AM »
Actually Creamo....the Wobbster is a paying member now.  I believe he flies for the knits under the handle Wobble....not to be confused with Wobbel...who is a different guy.    I noticed his distinct spelling characteristics last night in the channel 1 buffer.  

Oh...and I usually fly the F6F if I am in a fighter mood and usually all of the bombers, just depends on the target.  Lately I have branched out and have been trying different fighters.  The Yak is really nice.  

Offline anRky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.domogarden.com
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
Although I tend to stay away from the bloo planes, I like to fly them all from time to time.

If there's a scenario going on, that'll usually determine what plane I fly in the arena.

Much of the time, though, I fly what I fly because of what book I'm reading.  It drove me crazy not being able to fly a Hurricane while reading Duel of Eagles, so I picked up Thunderbolt! the next time at the book store, and flew a Jug for awhile.  Now I'm reading Samurai! (ain't it strange how the titles of the last two books I bought ended in a !), so I've been toughing it out in a Zero lately.

BTW, the Jug is the best plane I've flown in AH so far.  The Zero, by far, the worst.  The Yak is probably my favorite.  That is, according to my fighting style in the arena.

anRky
-Ih8ubb

[This message has been edited by anRky (edited 03-01-2001).]

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
Mostly i fly the Typhoon, it does nothing well but is a challeng to dogfight and it is a well rounded plane.

I also fly the fw190a8 cause sometime you just want an easy flight, and it about the easiest plane to fly.

I like the 109G10 also, but have had problems with gunnery when loaind out the 30mm. But this has just been resolved. Had to remap Jstick keys so primary & secondary weapon can be used seperatly. Now i can track with the mmguns and then when im close use 30mm.

Cant wait for the Tempest.......

Dog out.......

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
Great majority of the time: P-38

It accelerates good, climbs really well, excellent weapon package, fast and powerfull at high alts but manouverable and nimble at low alts. It can do any mission and do it well, no torque to bother you, 2nd engine has brought me home more than once, *ADD ANIMAL's List here* and because... it ROCKS!  

The Yak because its just damn deadly and a joy to fly, and lately been flying the jug a bit. It is fast and retains its E well, but accel and climb are horrible. It is a fun kite to fly.. 8 mg's help a lot too hehe.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2001, 12:05:00 PM »
 N1K2-J. Because killing ain't enough. I want to hear them squeal like piggys on the way down.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
yeah don't hurt creamo's feelings or he will be all needy on squad night - he's an emotional black hole ya know -  

i agree in a sense though, this smells like an elitist thread waitin to happen - depends on the mission, i like the 109 g6 though - its got boobies

the a5 also rules - i think i gravitated to the 109's because i got so easily killed in em when i first flew them while other guys would come by and whomp me in theirs - i usually get motivated to get better at things i have trouble in because i get p.o.'d - my whole first tour was in a c205 and it was a blast too -

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2001, 12:59:00 PM »
cuz i want to

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2001, 01:07:00 PM »
F4U-C cuz it's big and blue and because I don't give a rats bellybutton wot y'all think about that.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2001, 01:16:00 PM »
Damn you Dingy, beat me to it.   Untill Tour 13 I was a pretty die hard pony guy.  I just loved the history, the lines of it, everything.  Lately I've gotten a bit worn out on the ETO and my interest in the PTO has grown considerably now it's either the F6 or the F4 for me, that's the 1D mind you I'll take 6 .50's over cannon anyday.  
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Ice

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
P-51D....The Cadillac of the Skies!

Sleek, sexy, historical, fast, excellent gun platform, high speed manuevering, excellent fuel and ammo loadout...my average sortie lasted 60 minutes last tour...I enjoy that

Truthfully, I first flew the pony back in AWDOS...at that time, it was avoided by most everyone except newbies...kills were hard to get in it. That was a challenge to me so I chose it as my main ride...the following 10 years I've been faithful and have never left her...only RPS and PAC have stopped me from flying Pony.

Oh yes...one more thing....I love to hear my adversaries whine...hey runstang or turn around and fight. The most satisfying aspect of the 51 is to kill with impunity...you kill them and they never get guns on...it's a fine thing

Ice

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
P-38L -- Because it's nice to be fully loaded with external stores and still climb faster then a 190 or P-47.

109F4 -- It's just fun to fly

A6M5 -- Because it's fun to tie up 5 or 6 people at a time.

TBF -- Great dive bomber and it's uber guns are fun.

All the other blue planes are useless other then statistical skewing.

TheWobble

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2001, 01:53:00 PM »

Aircraft choice and general AH issues aren't easily debated here by you wobbled.
Meaning, the MA is a whole different deal you freebies can't understand. Aircraft choice per the MA is completely different from a hoopty free HTH server.

As you capture, attack, and defend the bases, your aircraft choices differ, get it?

Please post in "free mutliplayer" where you belong. It's much easier.

Thanks.

---Orignally puked up by Creamo.

Hey IDIOT, I DO fly the MA every frigging day, funny i havent seen YOU there.

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2001, 01:58:00 PM »
The CHog mostly but I'll fly just about any 'ol thing with wings.  The CHog 'cause I love those 4 Hispanos that pack a real punch and descent loadout.  Just give me one snapshot and you're toast.  
Also because it can take a load of punishment and keep on flying (don't know how many times I've lost part of a wing and made it home).

And, NO stinkin' radiator (that cuts down almost half the plane-set right there).  Don't know how many times I've got that damn radiator pinged by ack or some such thing.

Finally, it has a good dive rate and is absolutely rock steady at very high speed with great high speed handling (unlike the ME109 which becomes a brick above 400 mph)

Oh yea, and it looks really cool with those gull wings :-)

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2001, 02:08:00 PM »
yeah CREAMO ya meanie! don't you know the wobble's an entrepeneur and his new business is really paying off - so much that he can pay all at once every month!