Author Topic: How to get MORE participation in special events  (Read 553 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
How to get MORE participation in special events
« on: April 09, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
How to get more participation in the Special Events arena? (Check six and Snap Shots)Easy, get some of the user-made terrains up...yeah, there's a few bugs in the terrains, but not enough to justify keeping them out...think about it, if you announce to the Main that a 44'-45 historical Check six is about to begin with the BoB map, or Norway map that exits out there...you're going to get at least 50% more participation!

10bears has a stalingrad II map we use in HTH mode all the time, very successful.  Many more user maps out there, we just need someone to put the pressure on HTC to allow us to use them, come on guys, the community WANTS TOTAL IMMERSION and that INCLUDES historical maps, not just generic maps.  THis is why WB's is still slightly ahead of AH, the maps!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-09-2001).]

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2001, 08:40:00 AM »
Don't forget the mediterranean terrain which has been in constant use.  

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
I could not agree more. I have been saying that to verm for months and banana for weeks.  Nor can I push for the maps any more than I have without becoming obnoixous. The reason we don't have any for the weekly events is because the large mulit frame events have taken precedence.  

Good news is after explaining my take to banana he agreed the next maps will be from my "wish list" for the weekly events. So be looking for an ETO, Luzon, and Stalingrad map next.  
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Fidd

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2001, 11:17:00 AM »
I fully agree. It's a community resource - lets use it.

Fidd

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
How to get more participation in the Special Events arena? (Check six and Snap Shots)Easy, get some of the user-made terrains up...yeah, there's a few bugs in the terrains, but not enough to justify keeping them out...think about it, if you announce to the Main that a 44'-45 historical Check six is about to begin with the BoB map, or Norway map that exits out there...you're going to get at least 50% more participation!

10bears has a stalingrad II map we use in HTH mode all the time, very successful.  Many more user maps out there, we just need someone to put the pressure on HTC to allow us to use them, come on guys, the community WANTS TOTAL IMMERSION and that INCLUDES historical maps, not just generic maps.  THis is why WB's is still slightly ahead of AH, the maps!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-09-2001).]

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2001, 05:00:00 PM »
As Daddog has stated, we have a terrain team that is actively working on at least two maps right now. It is a very time-intensive process. I would be happy to take on more people to work on the terrain team. Anyone interested, please contact me at dahlen@home.com, and I'll try to get you on the terrain team.

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2001, 11:55:00 PM »
The big thing is all terrians used in the arena must be bugfree (as possible) and submitted to HTC.  They check it out for bugs and ok it. This along with cranking out the next version. I know the terrian team is working hard as possible to get some new terrians going but it just takes some time.  I am sure that if someone else submitted a terrian HTC would prolly give it the same go-over and allow or dis-allow it for scenerios.  Best bet would be to email banana and see if he can get ya on the terrian team which is understaffed bigtime IMO  

If someone would make a map for the MA with even # of fields per side and good strat locations and submit it to HTC maybe we could have something new and exciting to fight on daily  

S!
Rocket

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2001, 01:29:00 PM »
Ya need to write a test case for your bug testing...then have each creator run their own tests for checking for bugs, then the terrain team wouldn't be so busy.  You could just go down the list of common bugs to check for and Voila! Submitted and approved.  I do this for a living, that's why I can't volunteer the time, its too close to real work! (And I wouldn't get paid!)...seriously, make up a list of common things you would check for when de-bugging, have the terrain makers check there own work out.  When they're 99% sure its bug free, then they can submit it for review.

Most of the bugs involved aren't going to have a major impact on the Snap shots I've seen lately, except maybe some of the bases.

Just my opinion.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »
Punt, 2 weeks later.