Author Topic: Check 6s are getting ridiculous  (Read 517 times)

Offline janjan

• Zinc Member
Check 6s are getting ridiculous
« on: April 30, 2001, 02:00:00 AM »
No offence of yesterdays COs of Check six but...

What is all this stuff with no info about enemy at all? Sightseeing?

Me and ammo cruised ALL around the map about 1,5 hours without seeing a single enemy AC (no sorry, did got a glimpse of an p-38, who dived away). After that I just logged with boredome.

I do like historical match-ups, sort of organised attack, defence etc. but damn, is this game about airfites?

It felt offline flying.

You guys will never gonna get more people in events like that.

Heh, maybe I'm just one of those furball people  

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2001, 05:23:00 AM »
JJ, a big reason to yesterday's lack of A2A action was the fact that there were only about 10-15 pilots on each side.  One option would have been to limit the front by closing some of the furthest fields, when it became obvious that the fighting was almost non-existant.

However, after you had left, the event culminated to a show-down at A25. I'm sure all got to furball as much as they wanted.  

My after action report of the event is posted here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum7/HTML/000394.html

But you are right, the first hour of the event was quite uneventful for some of the pilots. The solution is to have more participants.  Any ideas how to increase the attendance numbers?

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline janjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2001, 05:37:00 AM »
hehe, kuhan vähän ärsytin, mutta tosi elämässä kentillä on jengiä/koneita, jotka joko saavat tiedon lähestyvistä koneista (tai sitten eivät). Joka tapauksessa sellaista off-line pommitusta tuskin pääsis tapahtumaan. Ja mikä niissä radareissa on vikana? Pelkkä pisteradari toimii loistavasti mun mielestä (joo voi tsekata kutosen darista, mutta silti parempi kun ilman ELLEI kohde ole tiedossa).

Eli jos tarkoitus on HA-tyyppinen juttu, niin pienempi alue tai joku muu ratkaisu.

Tylsyys on kuitenkin takuu homma, että populaa ei ilmaannu.

Vielä yks juttu, jotenkin koko ajatus väliaikaisesta HA:sta on absurdi, ellei tarkotuksena ole vaan faitteri juttu.
Ei mulla ainakaan ole mitään kiinnostusta kentän valtaukseen tilanteessa, joka "nollautuu" tunnin päästä.

No, palautettahan pitää antaa  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2001, 08:47:00 AM »
Camo, yes, I've posted my idea over and over again.  Historical terrains.  Just about everyone in MAG-33 (80+ pilots) have just plain burned out on this events due to lack of historical terrain.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2001, 03:16:00 PM »
make all the snapshots battle of the isles format (the one that duckwing hosted a few months back)

he got me to act as CO for allies, thwen i asked several squad COs that i respect to bring their squads to the event andlead them for be in a particular type.

turn check 6s into squad level events, where squad cos sign up their squad for duty

kinda like a mini hostile shores

plus use historical terrains  

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2001, 10:53:00 PM »
Because of HS our numbers have been low. Normally we have anywhere from 40 to 80 show up for the C6 events. Sorry about the boring time janjan. I think some sector bars would be useful for low numbers. Thanks for the comments.  

Zig I posted in the General BB and here about a "Squad Only" event because I was thinking of that for C6.  I think I saw two replies.    I am not going to try something like that unless I feel it will get at least some reasonable support.  What duck set up was great, but getting C.O.'s for our events is like pulling teeth. Frankly at times it is a no win situation till we get more involved.

As for the historical maps...I can't do any more than I am.  The terrain team is working on the ETO, but it seems to be a painfully slow process. I don't have the skills to do their work so all we can do it wait.  banana and I even posted asking for more CM's for the terrain team. I think we have heard from one.    

Until we get the maps we want we only have two choices. Put on events with what we have, or cancel them.  I will continue to run the weekly events with what we have as frustrating as that is.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure