Author Topic: RAF vs. LW?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2000, 04:20:00 PM »

Originally posted by ygsmilo:
I see your point now mx (I went and had a few beers for lunch), I would say that the RAF could employ any formation they choose. But the LW should have radar (historical componet) that would allow the LW to have a tactical advantage.  The bombers are not there to cause damage, they are bait.  Your 2/3 LW, RAF ratio would be historically (sp?) correct but the LW should be able to fly the G-2 or 6 (I think the G-2 was available at the time) to reflect the lack of the FW 190 A4 in the plane set.  Good post mx.

Hi,

I have never said, LW should not use radar. In regard of BF109G2 or 6, I would rather see a classic Bf109F4. Though maybe a mixed formation of BF109F4s and G2s (50% each) would be nice to spice up things But definatly not a G6.
Also bombers... Well, they will need some target otherwise who will want to fly them? On the other hand, LW is free to engage whatever they want - be it fighters only, bombers only or both of them. What we can do is change the goal of the whole scenario - instead of destroing the field, RAF will have to achieve air superioty by means of engaging LW fighters and damaging their base. Thus, for RAF to achieve "major victory", it will have to destroy or damage both significantly and survive, while LW's goal is to engage enemy. Of course LW will want to protect it's field as if RAF bombers destroy acks and fuel supply, replaning LW pilots will be under thread of being vulched and not have enough fuel to engage retreating RAF force.
In another twist, RAF might substitude bombers for SpitVs with bombs and try to damage the field this way. But I doubt SpitVs are suitable for this mission.

Any other additions or changes required?

mx22

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2000, 05:43:00 PM »
Sounds good, some of the circus's (or rodeo's as some called them) were specifically aimed at airfields, Abbeville was one of the JG 26's main airfields.  Lets load them up and go.

------------------
Milo

"A MiG on your 6 is better than no MiG at all"

JG2 "Richthofen"

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2000, 05:54:00 PM »
im in

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2000, 06:58:00 PM »
Ok, seems like we agreed on terms... I already sent an email to BaneX asking about possible time for the event. I think since it's already Friday evening, we won't be able to do it before Sunday. And if Sunday is not good for any reason, we will switch it for next weekend. I hope that BaneX replies to me or posts here real soon on the time issue.

So stand by, I'll post as soon as I have additional information.

mx22

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2000, 03:29:00 AM »
I'm in, gimme a G-2.  If the event is in reasonable hour for us europeans, that is. In that case I could also take a flight leader task for the G-2's.  Just don't check how I did in the last ToD  

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2000, 08:18:00 AM »
Hey ygsmilo,

I still didn't hear from BaneX, so I think we should start doing the scenario on our own. Can you contact me at mx22@bellatlantic.net so we can agree on timing and other things. I also will be in SE arena today around 9pm EST doing some flight tests there.

Regards,

mx22

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2000, 04:34:00 PM »
Sorry I haven't replied to your posts.. been real busy this week   As for time I would think anytime around 8pm GMT on Saturday or SUnday would be a real good time for the squad. I'll send around an email finding out which would be best.

Sorry again  

------------------
BaneX

JG2 "Richthofen"

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2000, 08:25:00 AM »
Hi Banex,

It's ok, I have been busy this whole week myself - didn't get a chance to fly since Monday. 8pm GMT is 3pm EST? If so, then I think it's better to make it at around 10pm GMT since we will be able to get more people to fly.

mx22

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2000, 10:04:00 AM »
Alrighty.. 10pm GMT on Sunday??? would be a pretty good hour. If anyone has problems with it they can let me know, but I'm sure the vast majority of our squad can be there at that time.

Looking forward to flying this one  

(Been practicing the g2   )

------------------
BaneX

JG2 "Richthofen"

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2000, 06:15:00 PM »
Look like we'll have a pretty decent turn out. Look forward to flying tomorrow   Watch out all you sissyfire dweebs! JG2 is out for blood!

DTAS!

------------------
BaneX

JG2 "Richthofen"

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2000, 07:32:00 PM »
5:00 PM EST? I should be there as a Spit V!

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2000, 10:46:00 AM »
If it's still on for 10pm GMT today, I'll be there flying whatever you want me to   Will this be in the special events arena?

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2000, 11:29:00 AM »
Hey I am in for a 109...  so is there some more info on this event?
Real men fly Radial!

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
RAF vs. LW?
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2000, 01:45:00 PM »
Hey Kirin,

Event is today at 5pm EST (10pm GMT) in Special Events arena. If you scroll up a bit, there is a description of the mission there.
And btw, I hope LW fighters dont mind being killed in shute since they have an option to replane.

See ya in my Spit

mx22