Author Topic: Libya, 1942 Frame 2  (Read 576 times)

funked

Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« on: May 07, 2000, 05:36:00 PM »
Well we only had about 1/3 of the registered Allied pilots show up.

Despite this, the scenario was a blast.      

My hat is off to everybody who worked together to make it a success.  Busc (of course), all the walkons who helped us get a decent force balance, and all the people who "stepped forward" as leaders to organize things.

And of course my hat is off to the Axis players who gave us a fierce battle on both missions.      

For future frames:  Please, if you are registered, SHOW UP!  If you aren't registered, please go here and register for the next 3 frames.  If you think you might want to be a walk-on, read the website so you know what's going on.

Looking forward to more good Sunday battles!      

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 05-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 05-07-2000).]

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2000, 10:14:00 PM »
What funked said. Was great fun. I've been fighting tooth and nail to get more of my squaddies to show. We had twice as many this week, for a total of 2! LOL.

Was still fun.

<S> Busc

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2000, 01:17:00 AM »
I'm still seasick from trying to follow Tonto (My Winglead   )...but it was realy fun & tense... untill I discoed & Could not relog  

Nice Job Busc !

------------------
Saw/Saintaw
=XO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
GMT T.O.D. SITE

JG2 "Richthofen"
Don't shoot ! I am only an observer......

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 05-08-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2000, 01:59:00 AM »
I tried to make it, but uh...
(you can't use "some biondina prevented me from going to the office on a Sunday Night" as an excuse, can you?)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2000, 02:16:00 AM »
I just checked Busc's site.... for the recap. It sounds like we (allies) got pummeled. I wasn't in the 1st round of frame 2, but in the second frame - we couldn't have routed them any more completely. Save for 1 or 2 202's that managed to up from 4 unscathed, we killed everything they had. Air & ground.

Not to be some kinda poor sport, I'm just curious how the outcome was assesed. Any numbers to look at?

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2000, 07:09:00 AM »
Made it there, got into the air, flew for twenty minutes and then lost host connection just as we spotted the enemies. Fantastic   Logged back on and got host lost from just sitting in the tower - gave up after that. Havoc also got connected early in the flight. Any reason for the crazily poor connections this week?

Last week I was fairly sure we had thrashed the pants off the allies but apparently one flight of B26-er, Wellingtons - made it to the target. That's life I guess!

------------------

Duma
XO The Red Dragons
 http://www.reddragons.de

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2000, 11:52:00 AM »

Originally posted by Nash:
I just checked Busc's site.... for the recap. It sounds like we (allies) got pummeled. I wasn't in the 1st round of frame 2, but in the second frame - we couldn't have routed them any more completely. Save for 1 or 2 202's that managed to up from 4 unscathed, we killed everything they had. Air & ground.

Not to be some kinda poor sport, I'm just curious how the outcome was assesed. Any numbers to look at?

you're right, in the 2nd frame we were destroyed (i was the 202 running home screaming "mom! 8 spit are on my tail! God, help meeee!"), of course about 20 spit engaging 8 202 at the same alt it's an easy win.  
In the 1st frame we was equal in number, but the axis had the alt advantage, the only way a 202 can effectively engage a SpitV, otherwise it's dead (thx, HTC)  
And..
we...
WIN!!!  

Take it easy  

Naso
4°CT

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2000, 12:13:00 PM »
Ah... that was YOU! I was the guy that was chasing you.. got to -d8 before I had to rev onnacounta ack. Good job   Did you live or did one of us eventually get ya?

Regarding the outcome, I still don't get it  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2000, 12:24:00 PM »
Just for the record, I was  registered via Busc, but he also knew  I was unable to attend  the first 2 frames, will be there this Sunday for sure though!

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2000, 01:10:00 PM »

Ah... that was YOU! I was the guy that was chasing you.. got to -d8 before I had to rev onnacounta ack. Good job   Did you live or did one of us eventually get ya?

Regarding the outcome, I still don't get it  

I manage to land almost untouched (pheew), was scaring the moment WEP leave me alone and speed and dist. start going down, but the ack was near, so...  
you'll be lucky next time (or may be i will?  ).
About the outcome, i think Busc is still looking at films, or i hope so, 'cause his mailbox was full last time i try to send mines.
We have only to wait.

Naso
L'è buna!

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2000, 02:11:00 PM »

Save for 1 or 2 202's that managed to up from 4 unscathed, we killed everything they had. Air & ground.

Doesn't match w/ my experience. Was there w/ four or five tanks, tank lead had been killed, one other was inop when busc called the frame off. So I did .ef and left w/o ever reaching the assigned V field.

Az

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2000, 05:02:00 PM »
Ahh... ok. I thought the frame got called because we ran outta targets.

The allied flight tasked to take out the tanks SW of 39 reported that they were successful. After this, I remember hearing a bunch of "all clear here" calls from the allied tanks that were charging 9(?). It was right after this that the frame got called, so I just assumed it was because there was just nuthin' left to hit.

I wanna say though, it really doesn't matter to me. I can recall past historical scenarios that had a detailed debrief and assesement. If that isn't really the 'spirit' of this thing, that is fine. I had an incredible time and am looking forward to the next one.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Libya, 1942 Frame 2
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2000, 05:27:00 PM »
Glad to hear you all are having a good time.   Busc put in a lot of work, time and effort. I was looking forward to the first event when two days prior to it my system crashed. Unfortunately I did not get the e-mails he sent to the C.O.'s prior and there was a break down of communications, (long story).

I am still unable to fly and was out of town this past weekend. I have explained this to Busc, but not to others outside of my squad.
My squad, for various reasons choose not to participate further. I for one was looking forward to the event, but more important, I respect my squad mates and their reasons for stepping down.
------------------------
daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Snapshots

[This message has been edited by daddog (edited 05-08-2000).]
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure