Author Topic: The top three issues most important to you in the upcoming Presidential election  (Read 708 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: The top 3 issues in the upcoming Presidential election
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »
Constitutional faithfulness
Immigration
Education
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
     I'd like to see representatives that represent their majority constituency and not
a political party or special interest.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
A sound, feasable, achievable energy policy.

Illegal Immigration reform. Close the borders, sweep up the rubbish and deposit it right back into the dustbin it came from.

Finish the job in Iraq and Afghanistan. Train their folks to do the job, and pull out, leaving behind a small force, such as was done with Korea.
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
1) GAS prices

2) Gas Prices

3) Gas Prices

do you know gas cost really nothing in the US ?

compare this http://www.america-dreamz.com/conseils_pratiques/prix_carburant_usa.php
with the 1.51 per liter I paid 10 minutes ago (it was regular)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Re: The top three issues
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 07:31:50 AM »
1. Health Care
2. Immigration reform
3. Ending Bush's idiotic foreign policy.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
I would go along with moot.

constitutional faithfulness...  yep.. that would mean appointing judges as Mccain said he would do.

Immigration..  yep.. arrest the employers of illegals and allow more highly skilled people who love what this country is about to immigrate.

education...  yep..  save a few bucks here and improve things greatly.    Vouchers.   Stop the waste of public schools.

I would also like to see a realistic energy policy that included exploration for oil.. tax credits for the exploration.. I would like to see more nuke plants and maybe even perhaps a "manhattan project" type of thing for alternatives.  not one that taxed the people even more tho.. we have plenty of tax money.

Iraq.. we should see it out.

Health care.. we should keep the government out of it as much as possible.

lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
GAYS Deport all gays and drug addicts into camps.
GUNS Require all real Americans to carry a piece at all times.
GOD Waaa MoFo's don't believe in God?.... Bah throw 'em in the camps w/ the druggerts an' homos.

Heya howdy Toad, Rip, been a long time. Good to see y'all still here. I pop in every now an then... Gotta long story.
10bears! Whassup! Aloha! Mahalo!  Where the hell you been? I heard they were looking for a virgin to sacrifice to the Volcano and they ran you outta town! :D

Hey, I'll be in Oahu in Feb. 09. Got the tickets in hand. Let me know if you'll be around, maybe we can hook up for a cold one!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 08:08:44 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
I do have to add a caveat in regard to gays.  I've encountered gays that are so gay, that to me there is no doubt that this is how God made them. I'm sure there are some perverted hets that choose gay just for being kinky, but I don't think many do.  One thing is for sure tho, all gays suck...

butcha know what? their money spends just the same as yours and mine. i don't care who/what ya are....just send your business my way so i can kep my doors opened.

:D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Re: The top three issues most important to you...
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 09:15:44 AM »
1) End the garrisoning of American troops on foreign soil, including Europe, Okinawa, Korea, and Iraq.

2) End most favored Nation trade status with China, demand our trading partners offer the same workers' health protections we require, eliminate the trade defecit.

3) Balance the budget.

There's more- illegal immigration, for example- but that's not a policy issue as much as it's an enforcement issue.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
1. Sealing the borders and repatriation of all illegals and anchor babies to country of origin. Stop all payments of any type from the US or any state treasury to any foreign national.  Make 1 year prison time mandatory for every illegal alien that an employer hires - real time, no early release.

2. An energy plan that includes massive drilling wherever we can find reserves with environmental waivers granted to streamline the time to market, many new nuclearpower plants, use of coal, coal-gassification, in areas that diesel is used to fire the powerplants, replace with coal burners. tax breaks for those who are developing new efficiency technologies.

3. Ending trade deficits with communist china.  If a product cannot be produced legally in the US the same way it is produced in communist china, or any country, that product cannot be put on American shelves.  We have to review our tax policies which stifle businesses ans also OSHA and other labor regulations... when we have trimmed the BS away from those and stopped allowing communist china to subsidize products for sale here that have only one purpose - to put American businesses under - we can then become a major manufacturing player again.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
1. Get rid of the designated hitter in baseball.

2. Make driving too slow in the left lane a capital offense (with "too slow" defined as slower than I want to go).

3. Repeal the commandment about coveting thy neighbors wife
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 10:22:38 AM by myelo »
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
1. Get rid of the designated hitter in baseball.

2. Make driving too slow in the left lane a capital offense (with "too slow" defined as slower than I want to go).

3. Repeal the 9th commandment

Not all that sure about 1 & 3...but most all states have a law "Slower Traffic Keep Right".  I NEVER see it enforced, ever.

ROX

Offline Casca

• Nickel Member
See Rules #2, #6
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:18:59 AM by Skuzzy »
I'm Casca and I approved this message.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
10bears! Whassup! Aloha! Mahalo!  Where the hell you been? I heard they were looking for a virgin to sacrifice to the Volcano and they ran you outta town! :D

Hey, I'll be in Oahu in Feb. 09. Got the tickets in hand. Let me know if you'll be around, maybe we can hook up for a cold one!

That would be very cool Rip. Feb 9th.. that's ah... 9 months away. I could figure out how to have some business over there or doctors appointment/ shopping etc. Yeah that would be great!

I still know several very fun bars in Honolulu. The one you prolly want to go to, the chick that shot ping-pong balls out her popsicle down on Hotel street is long gone but there's others almost as good.

As you might know, four years ago I tore down my old cabin down near South Point on the Big Isle. Used alot of the lumber but still ended up spending close to 8k on new lumber. HELCO (Hawaii electric company), wanted to charge me 6k for a temporary power pole. They said I could pay it in monthly installments which would've made the electric bill close to $250.   I said nuts to that. Went out and bought 4 120 volt solar panels, 8 6 volt deep cell batteries  and a top-of-the-line Xantrex inverter. Even that wasn't enough power for me, I ended up having to buy an off brand generator on account of me living at 4100 feet in the cloud zone.

See those two bales of hay in my bedroom?.... Well, um that ain't hay.

Kelly's doing great (daughter) She's 22 now. Lives/works in Kailua-Kona town and get this.... goes to school at night. I'm completely amazed at her turn around.. Her teenage years were a tad ...problematic... Your two sons are not that age yet but they will be soon enough so enjoy the magic years brother coz they only come around once.

I've got wireless internet... and a Skype phone.. number is 1-989-785-0521 or if you have "Skype" you can type in stevehou2 to get me. For some reason I can't seem to get email to work I might end up having to use a service like Yahoo or some such.
Aloha brah.
Steve "10Bears" Houston

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
as a canadian...

1. how much crying i'm going to have to listen to before hand
2. how much crying i'm going to have to listen to afterwords
3. how entertaining said crying will be.

beyond that, as long as you dont elect someone hell bent on global domination, i dont care much...