Author Topic: TOD 8-31 AAR  (Read 268 times)

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
TOD 8-31 AAR
« on: August 31, 2000, 09:52:00 PM »
We had word of a German armored advance to our refinery.

I was part of a flight of four LA-5s.  That number dwindled to three when one plane suffered engine problems on the runway (RE: stick problems).

We were fired upon by flak and were reduced to two LA-5s when one of the three aircraft was hit by flak and could not keep in formation.

The remaining two LA-5s were soon engaged by three 190s or 109s (sorry can't remember); as we were engaged (re: jockying for position, or in my case running around in circles like a scared little child) two other enemies joined the fun.  I went down in a blaze of glory (re: perished when my plane suddenly exploded while being hit, before I had a chance to bail).

Thanks sabre/Rojo, I had fun in the TOD.  Even though I'm officially out, I can't wait to help fill in the extra positions.

Fury

funked

TOD 8-31 AAR
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2000, 02:22:00 AM »
I was in a flakpanzer in the armored column.  We were moving through the mouth of a valley when we noticed some specks moving through the next valley over.  Sturmoviks on the hunt for us!  But they passed behind a ridge and did not see us.  We called to our fighters on the radio for help and grimly pressed on to our objective.

Our fighters arrived and we saw them fighting with some enemy planes, which gave us a feeling of relief.  But as we neared our target we saw a schwarm of sturmoviks coming right at us, with their propellors nearly shearing the wool of the sheep on the plain!  Our fighter cover had been decieved by the Bolshevik interceptors and left us wide open to attack.

The enemy came at us at great speed, but in a line astern formation which allowed our gunners to chew them up one at a time.  I exploded one and ruined the engine of another as he turned to attack us again.

But this action distracted me from the attack of another who moved with such great speed that he appeared to jump several hundred metres in an instant.  I had no hope of aiming my guns in time and he ruined my vehicle with his cannons before I could return fire.

Taking cover in a crater, I watched as our fighters screamed in from above and finished off the remaining sturmoviks except for one great pilot, reportedly a Polish conscript, who limped home with his kite badly damaged.  

Thank God the flyboys showed up when they did, or the remaining sturmoviks might have had their way with our panzers.  Although our anti-aircraft units suffered badly, the enemy aircraft suffered worse.  Our remaining panzers were able to continue to their target and reduce the Bolshevik petroleum facility to a smoldering mountain of wreckage!

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
TOD 8-31 AAR
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2000, 10:48:00 AM »
Typhoon propelers shearing wool from the sheep of the plains dude. <G> You silly bastige .

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
TOD 8-31 AAR
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2000, 11:06:00 AM »
im dead no kills

udie

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
TOD 8-31 AAR
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2000, 12:57:00 PM »
I was  flight leader for  the 6 FW190-A8s that took off from field 16 to protect our panzers .
 After climbing to 17,300 feet and nearing Field 20 radio transmitions from the panzers informed us that they had spotted enemy Antitank aircraft.

The order to go to level flight was given
the FW190-A8s were at staggered elevations + /- 300 feet in good formation and with  good speed .
Almost immediately  our tanks were spoted but no visual of antitank aircraft  was seen by any of the flight.

The FW flight had spotted  enemy aircraft co-alt  at 12o'clock and engaged.
 I was first in and the enemy LA5's flew straight on to met the bulk of our flying force  after two reversals I found a LA5 pulling a lazy turn . My 30 mm cannon made short work of  that poor soul.

Radio contact told me that  an enemy had aquired my  six. I dived  to evade and to engage enemy Sturmovik and  bounced  a low Sturmovik while my IAS was quite high. I hit the Anti Tank aircraft hard, seeing it loose elevator, aerilon and smoking, I disengaged.
Seeing the rest of the FW190 flight had eliminated all threats the order to reform up was called.

Some heavy enemy flak was encountered by The Wuger flight but despite all of this.  All FW190s returned to base safely.

[This message has been edited by Baddawg (edited 09-01-2000).]