Author Topic: AAA and puffy ack damage  (Read 248 times)

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
AAA and puffy ack damage
« on: May 24, 2008, 08:48:50 AM »
To solve the ack hugging problem and make it more realistic i'd like to see the auto ack/puffy ack be able to damage friend and foe alike.
An example of how it would work is if an enemy con gets the auto ack to start fireing and you choose to engage, then you run the risk of being hit by friendly fire.

Seems totally unreal to me that someone can dive straight into a hail of friendly fire with a con on his direct 6 and not be touched by friendly fire but the con behind him gets shot to shreds or a fighter follows enemy bombers into friendly puffy ack, the burst misses the bomber and explodes directly on the friendly and he takes no damage.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: AAA and puffy ack damage
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 08:55:58 AM »
Did you know that auto ack will already damage friendly aircraft if it hit's them while firing at enemy?

And Puffy Ack seems to obey none of the known laws of physics already, so I sure a heck don't want my own ack "rolling the dice" on me while I'm trying to take off, as you seem to be suggesting, should an enemy plane choose to engage me. 

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 09:05:14 AM »
To solve the ack hugging problem

Most of the ack hugging problem I see is when I'm high and fast above an airfield and the low and slow guys won't expose themselves to my superior position. They shouldn't use ack for protection. They should be out where I can shoot them easy.  :devil

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 09:10:53 AM »
Do I detect just a tiny bit of sarcasm?  :eek:
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 09:13:30 AM »
Actually i rarely if ever get hit by friendly ack when dragging a con into it or chasing a bomber group. I admit there'd have to be someway to keep it from killing you while you launched and that would probably be a pain to try to code into the game.
Puffy ack if your in the area of the burst, friend chasing con, is hard enough to guess where it's going to burst so if you followed a bomber into it you'd be in just as great of danger as he is.
Puffy ack fires within a box radius if i remember right so if you follow that bomber into the box of the blast/aiming area you should take just as much risk of being hit as he is.
Remember the puffy ack is fireing where he thinks the con will be when the round gets there, so if you are there and he's not well....not hard to see what would happen there.