Author Topic: 1st of JULY--->one night Scenario: "The 27th of August 1943"  (Read 456 times)

busc

August 27th, 1943
ONE NIGHT SCENARIO

DATE&TIME: Saturday 1 July 14.00 EST(19.00 GMT/20.OO continentalEurope)

Here is "27 August 1943" scenario Website
 http://members.fortunecity.com/gorrini/id39.htm  

Please visit it   , here you find all the informations about this scenario.

Here s  all infos in plain text if u dont want to visit the site...

Scenario Characteristics and rules, Please read this, important.

- THERE'S NO REGISTRATION FOR THIS SCENARIO, U WILL NEED JUST TO GO SPECIAL EVENTS ARENA AND RECEIVE ASSIGNMENTS FROM SCENARIO MASTER (BUSC), he will send you to your Group Leader (axis or allies) and your G.L. will invite you in "axis squad" or "allies squad" and then send you to your squad COmmander that will tell you all informations (plane; fuel&weapons; field; mission objectives), and will lead the squadron into the battle.

- 1 EVENT 1 LIFE--> If you die or disconnect the scenario is ended for you, the only possibility to take off again is refuelling and rearming at a friendly field, I will close airfields just after take off .

- Using th refuel-rearm feature will be possible to reup after landing at a friendly airfield even if in that field all planes are disabled . Obviously only who survived with no huge damage will have the possibility to use this feature and take off again.

- The Scenario will end completely 2 hours after the first take off.

Historical Background

Sunday 25th July 1943 : Benito Mussolini is arrested by order of the Italian King. Marshal Badoglio, a First World War hero becomes Prime Minister, introduces martial law and incorporates the Fascist militia into the ordinary armed forces, thus ending the Fascist regime in Italy. But Badoglio says that :"The war against the Allies continues.". The truth is that Badoglio is already negotiating an armistice with the allies, but for now germans and italians are still fightin together against the allies.

Saturday 14th August 1943 : Italy declares Rome to be an open city by Italians.

Tuesday 17th August 1943 : German and Italian forces successfully evacuate Sicily across the Strait of Messina, with little interference by the Allies. This allows Montgomery and Patton enter Messina. The whole of Sicily is now in allied hands. The shelling of the Italian mainland from Messina begins.
Thursday 27 August 1942 : Rome was declared an open city, wich means that no carpet bombin should be done on this city, but on that morning italian spotters singnaled a large enemy force inbound, pointing exactly on Rome. All the disposable fighters of the Regia Aereonautica italiana and of the Luftwaffe took off on allarm.
Interceptors and intercepted met between Rome and Sulmona, the one that followed was one of the biggest aerial battles of the italian campain.
The bombers succesfully managed to reach theyr targets, wich were not the civilians of Rome, but the division Goering and the Airport of Nettuno, near Rome.
But heavy casualties were suffered.

Planeset

Allies: B17 ; spit markV; P38

Axis: Mc205; Bf109G-2 ; Bf109G-6.

The planeset is historically based

Arena settings:  

PlaneGunAmmoMult=0 normal
 DowntimeMult=10 (x10 more than MA damage rebuild time)  
 FuelBurnRate=0  normal  
 Killshooter=1 (kill friendly with friendly fire)  
 ExitInFlight=0
 EnemyMidairsOn=1 collide with enemies )
 FriendlyMidairsOn=1 (collide with friendlies, will be turned on only after takeoff, no rollin crashes)  

2Cool

1st of JULY--->one night Scenario: "The 27th of August 1943"
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2000, 03:48:00 AM »
Sounds good, Busc. I'll come if it is at all humanly possible.

Are normal icons in use?

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2000, 04:07:00 AM »

Originally posted by Busc:

Killshooter=1 (kill friendly with friendly fire)

It has to be Killshooter=0 for friendly fire to be effective.  

Originally posted by 2Cool:

Are normal icons in use?

Can the host force icon modes in the SEA?  It doesn't work in the H2H, atleast...  I would vote for "friendly icons only" mode if it works!  

I'll try to be there too, if only possible.  2Cool, u fly axis?  You always have a spot in my G-2 flight, if Busc chooses to assign me as a CO.  

Sounds good so far, Busc!  

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

nonoht

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2000, 04:50:00 AM »
i'll be there....

but busc  this time i wanna be on P38 flight

thanks

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2000, 08:17:00 AM »
Pronto agli ordini,
sottotenente pilota Naso,
4° stormo caccia terrestri.  

Comandi !!!  

p.s.
Sarà tutto fatto con il mission planner??
Ottimo strumento, se non lo hai già provato.

[This message has been edited by Naso (edited 06-29-2000).]

2Cool

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2000, 10:03:00 AM »
Thank you, Camo. I would like that, if it's OK to Busc. (Allthough 190a5 is my new love affair..)