Author Topic: 49th FIGHTER GROUP NOW RECRUITING!  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
49th FIGHTER GROUP NOW RECRUITING!
« on: June 03, 2008, 07:17:08 AM »

JOIN THE 49th FIGHTER GROUP TODAY!

Tired of the same old mindless "Furballing"? Ready for someting different? Want to fly as part of a TEAM? Then the 49th FG might be for YOU.
We are looking for a few dedicated sim pilots that really like to fly, have an interest in WW2 Aviation and are interested in flying each sortie as "Realistic" & "Historical" as possible. We are looking for people who would like to actively participate in running the squad whether it be taking leadership positions or with technical or operational support. We are also looking for people who just want to fly and have a good time whether you are an "Ace" or a "Newby".

OPERATIONS:
The 49th FG will operate using the MISSION PLANNER or have a set mission for every sortie that is practical. Our principal mounts will be the aircraft used by the “Historical” 49th FG in WW2 - The P-38G/J/L LIGHTNING as our main aircraft and the P-40E WARHAWK & P-47D THUNDERBOLT when the P-38 isn't available. We operate with an emphasis on both Intercept and Ground Attack missions. We will also operate using original WW2 USAAF tactics, formations & radio procedures so that you will get as close to that "feeling" of actually flying the missions as you can get - short of actually being shot at.    ;)
During times when our main squad a/c aren't available such as the early war ETO or MTO scenarios we will fly the appropriate Allied aircraft available.

SQUAD TIMES:
The 49th FG flies at the following times:
SQUAD NIGHTS:
Tuesday & Thursday at 9:00pm EST in the AVA Arena (Depending on terrain).
FSO’s:
Friday Nights at 11:00 EST in the SEA as applicable.
TRAINING NIGHT:
Sunday night at 9:00 pm EST in the TA, this is an informal night to get down on basics and training for future Combat Sorties.
SPECIAL EVENTS:
We will also fly in the Special Event Scenarios AH has from time to time if there is enough interest among the squad's pilots.

OUR GOALS:
The 49th FG's goal is for all members to enjoy participating in a squadron experiencing all the sim has to offer. While at the same time trying to capture the feeling of WWII combat flying.
We are also looking to build a squad with a positive attitude, that will operate honorably in the AVA arena and Special Events.

WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
1. As this is a newly forming squad, Leadership positions are open and you can get in at the ground level.
2. Training will always be available for any "Newbys" who would like to join. No experience necessary. Just bring a willingness to learn and work within the team.
3. You will be able to input your ideas for operations and missions to be flown by the squad.
4. You will always have someone there to help watch your 6 and to clear you if you get into trouble.
5. Your own personalized A/C on the squad webpage with your nose art.
6. There is a dedicated Command Structure in place for the squad. Rank, leadership positions and awards have to be EARNED. They are not just freely given out.
7. Your kill streaks and awards displayed on the squadron kill board for all to see.
8. Access to the Squad Forum on the AH BBS where information on all subjects are exchanged.
9. Lastly flying with a squad will increase your flying experience by 100%.

REQUIREMENTS:
*You must be 18 years of age.
*You must have a full time account with AH.
*You must have a account, or start one, here on the AH BBS as Well as our Private Squad BBS.
*You are required to accept service to the Squad E-mail and provide a working e-mail address for it. (Your current e-mail or an account especially started for it).
*You must be able to be present for both Squad Nights & the Training Night the majority of the time as RL
   permits.
*You will agree to fly & fight by the Rules & Code of Conduct of the Squad - NO EXCEPTIONS.
* You need not be an "Expert" pilot to join. Totally "Newby's" are just as Welcome. We will help you with your training so that you will enjoy your flying experience more.

All that we ask is that you bring the right "Attitude" and be willing to learn, fly as a TEAM with your squad mates and go by the squad rules. If this sounds good to you and you would like to find out more.....READ ON.....

If you are ready to become one of the Pilots of the 49th FIGHTER GROUP - e-mail us at the Group Headquarters, Mokmer Airfield, Biak, New Guinea (via the contact point in the RECRUITING OFFICE on the website) or PM me here on the AH BBS. We look forward to flying and fighting with you soon!   

Please leave the following information when you contact us:
NAME:
SIM FLYING EXPERIENCE:
SPECIAL ABILITIES THE SQUAD MIGHT COULD USE:

49th FIGHTER GROUP WEBSITE: www.geocities.com/USAAF49

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING!  <S>!

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 08:05:36 AM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline sldered

• Zinc Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Re: 49th FIGHTER GROUP NOW RECRUITING!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 05:25:45 PM »
This is a great group to fly with
  CALLSIGN: Slider26     49th FG  7th FS.  S.A.P.P P-38 flyer

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 08:20:14 AM »
This is a great group to fly with
Thanks for the commendation.  :salute

If you love the P-40, P-47 and P-38 you'll love the 49th FG that flies it in the AvA and FSO...  Well the LW doesn't exactly like us, but they're growing a healthy respect for our team flying.
 :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 08:28:46 AM »

If you love the P-40, P-47 and P-38 you'll love the 49th FG that flies it in the AvA and FSO...  Well the LW doesn't exactly like us, but they're growing a healthy respect for our team flying.

No other allied Unit JG11 would rather face off against. 

Salute 49th FG.  :aok

All the Best.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 09:54:03 AM »
No other allied Unit JG11 would rather face off against. 

Salute 49th FG.  :aok

All the Best.

Thank you sir. We appreciate the plug, as well as the intense competetion from your outstanding Geschwader.
<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 08:32:05 PM »
Jeez you two.  Get a room!  :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »
Jeez you two.  Get a room!  :)

Only if you'll jump in too big fella.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 06:06:52 AM »
All the best to your new unit. :aok
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 08:21:38 AM »
Only if you'll jump in too big fella.

:O I'm not into that whole sharing thing.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline sldered

• Zinc Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 11:58:04 AM »

Odee , its me Slider.   :aok
  CALLSIGN: Slider26     49th FG  7th FS.  S.A.P.P P-38 flyer

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 07:17:01 PM »
The 49th are a fine group of pilots which I love to fight anytime. They have their bearings straight on what's important in a fight and how to fly as a group. If you are serious about learning ACM be confident that these guys can serve it to you. Comes highly recommended by me for anyone into allied P-rides. :D

Hey, you guys are nasty in those 38s and Odee I hope you don't disco (on) my six next time we meet!   :lol

Good fights!

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 08:27:09 PM »
Thanks for the positive press gents.  :)
<S>

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »
Hey, you guys are nasty in those 38s and Odee I hope you don't disco (on) my six next time we meet!   :lol

Good fights!

TYVM sir.  I think the discos are coming under control  Flew 2 nights in a row without a DC at all.  Hehe I still chuckle thinking about you diving to 8k before realizing I had gone poof LOL  Great fights man.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 11:00:12 AM »
TYVM sir.  I think the discos are coming under control  Flew 2 nights in a row without a DC at all.  Hehe I still chuckle thinking about you diving to 8k before realizing I had gone poof LOL  Great fights man.

SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE ODEE!   :furious

S.A.P.P. Will have a COW if you let it out about us finally being able to install the Romulan Cloaking Device on our P-38's!   
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »
 :O

Eep!  erm  Oops...  uhm, I wuz outta ammo...  :cry yeah that's my story and ima stickin to it.

:noid
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!