Author Topic: Applying 109k4 tricks to the F4U (agent360 like moves)  (Read 438 times)

Offline HAMMERR

• Zinc Member
Applying 109k4 tricks to the F4U (agent360 like moves)
« on: June 06, 2008, 10:51:54 AM »
So I've been watching Agent360s moves in the K4 and even used a few of them last night to 50/50 success (I had it work a few times, once as requested (boom kill), once accidently ended up good (ended up pointed at them by chance, boom kill), and the last time I got toasted as I was coming over the top by another guy diving down. 

I was thinking... can these moves be done in a -1A hog or a -4?  Its got lots of engine torque and great flaps, and i'm fairly sure I can hold it vertical @ 50kts for a few seconds...  Anyone done it?  I've definately done cut throttle hammer heads but never engine torque initiated ones.   I suppose in a 1v1 fight its viable, the only downside is the hog dosent regain E after the manuver as easy as the K4....

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
Re: Applying 109k4 tricks to the F4U (agent360 like moves)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 02:58:28 PM »
You will find that flying the K4 will help you in almost all planes.  It has quirks, you learn to deal with them first, then you use them to your advantage as agent does.  The concepts you are talking about work in most planes with slight variation, try them out.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
Re: Applying 109k4 tricks to the F4U (agent360 like moves)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 03:24:25 PM »
The F4U matches up with the K4 pretty well. 

The K4 has the edge in climb.  I know I'm in trouble if the K4 keeps the fight climbing.

I think the F4U has the edge in surprise.  K4 drivers seem to be surprised that the F4U is still on their six. 

In addition to learning from Agent360's expertise, Mtnman has some terrific write-ups and films regarding the F4U.  Hopefully, they're still on the BBS.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19