Author Topic: Cross County Communication  (Read 374 times)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Cross County Communication
« on: June 08, 2008, 12:00:10 PM »
I'm sure most of you, as I do, find the AvA forum pretty quiet during the daytime. It's hard to find a fight sometimes even if others can be found on the roster. I was wondering if it might help if we had a radio channel made for communications between countries like there is in the mid- war arena?

I know there's always channel 200. Not sure if that's what mid- war uses, or not. Just thought it might be easier to have one channel to communicate with rather than paging individuals by IM.

Anybody else think that might help get things going when it's slow?

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Re: Cross County Communication
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 04:24:34 PM »
Well, kind of embarrassing to notice we already do have an "All" channel like Mid- War does. Except, like flatiron said, it didn't seem to be working earlier. I tried it a while back and didn't think it was working. Hopefully it will stay working like it is now.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 06:35:19 AM »
Well, kind of embarrassing to notice we already do have an "All" channel like Mid- War does. Except, like flatiron said, it didn't seem to be working earlier. I tried it a while back and didn't think it was working. Hopefully it will stay working like it is now.
Try the .p <name> and send them a pm  That works unless you've been squelched.

:salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:30:49 AM »
Try the .p <name> and send them a pm  That works unless you've been squelched.

That's what I've been doing but, nine times out of ten, I don't get any response. Sometimes I think that's because the person doesn't know how to respond to IMs. Sometimes I think it's because the person actually isn't online, even though the roster shows him to be there. I've noticed if I'm the only one on the roster, it nearly always shows one person still in the AvA arena after I log out.

As an aside, I did use the .p to actually accomplish something a couple days ago.

I noticed one guy was logged in as a bishop for some time. Knights and Rooks were the usable teams. I IM'd the guy and told him to switch to Rooks if he wanted to play in the AvA. He actually responded, thanking me for letting him know.

New guys are often confused (as I was) that there are only two functioning teams in AvA.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 07:52:38 AM »
"I noticed one guy was logged in as a bishop for some time. Knights and Rooks were the usable teams. I IM'd the guy and told him to switch to Rooks if he wanted to play in the AvA. He actually responded, thanking me for letting him know.

New guys are often confused (as I was) that there are only two functioning teams in AvA."

:aok

Used correctly, open ch. and/or 200 is a great tool, and can even be fun.

The other morning I went in to finally try the AvA standard bombsight.  2 or 3 of the usuall Allied est morning guys were on.  I went on 200, and told them I was practicing, and requested not to be intercepted till after I dropped.  They were cool with it.  Worked out great.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:13:04 AM »
I've noticed in the Mid- War Arena there's usually some friendly back and forth going on with that "All" channel. Sometimes it can get a bit nasty, but it's usually friendly.