Author Topic: Best Fighter Aircraft in Aces High Part 2  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
Re: Best Fighter Aircraft in Aces High Part 2
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 07:53:33 PM »
But you should. Or better: Don't publish quick first drafts without double-checking, at least not in H&T forum - It's more confusing here as many inexperienced players come here for reliable information. Check your info to make sure it's as correct as possible (errors still can happen of course). Or you should at least put a disclaimer like "All values are from my memory" or "My thoughts, please discuss" or similar to make clear it's only been a draft. So people just see a list and take it for granted.

And on a personal note: You should work a bit on your ability to cope with criticism on details. You won't have much of a career in later life if you feel being offended and give up that easy just because someone criticises a part of your work - especially someone actually trying to help you  ;)

But again I DO appreciate your attempts to help, train & educate new players
EDIT: Just saw your edit... oh my  :rolleyes:

I have no problem with constructive criticism, infact I welcome it but when someone shows a rather discrepant criticism, I ask myself why bother?

Edit: im not gona bother discussing this anymore, I'm sorry I wasted my time on what I thought was a good project to build on.
But thats how the aces high community is  :salute
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 07:55:36 PM by Adonai »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 08:04:25 PM »
I have no problem with constructive criticism, infact I welcome it but when someone shows a rather discrepant criticism, I ask myself why bother?

Edit: im not gona bother discussing this anymore, I'm sorry I wasted my time on what I thought was a good project to build on.

I told you several times its a good project.
I told you that its a good thing.
I told you I like that format you had chosen.
I tried to encourage you to carry on.

But for some odd reason you have chosen to ignore that. I criticised detaills in realization, you take it as an offense. In fact, you seem to repeatedlly read read into my posts that aren't there.

You clearly can't take criticism. It's sad to say, but that's a very infantile behaviour.

I'm done.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 08:56:21 PM »
 :rolleyes: ok I'll tell you all again, if you're not flying a 51,47 or 38 you just ain't doing it right. And that concludes todays training session.
As you were gentlemen...and Adonai!  :lol :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 08:57:34 PM »
what about bf 109s? we need love too dangit! :aok

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 09:14:35 PM »

First off, Adonai, this was a good idea, but subsequently you have made it so difficult on yourself...

Alright, based on what I have seen here, yes you do have a problem with constructive criticism.  Lusche has told you over and over again that this is a great idea, and has encouraged you, yes, to even carry on with the idea.  The problem he has with it, happens to be the same problem I have with it....

I don't know why you did this.  Maybe you're trying to better the community, or maybe your just trying to get props for attempting something good, or whatever.  It doesn't matter what I think.  What does matter is the fact that you basically put minimal effort into the project, and went off "the top of your head."  What's wrong with that is that newer players (like Lusche said) come in here looking to find the best uber plane (even though there isn't one...) and end up seeing something like this and believing that all of it is true, even when there are obvious errors and inconsistent data (especially considering that it was compiled not by using solid data, but your memory...). 

It's a good idea, it really is, but like Lusche said, there needs to be some consistent way to rank the planes, not just by "oh I'm pretty sure the 110C is pretty fast so I'll label it as...." and this plane, "eh well if I remember right, it wasn't so good, so I'll put it as...".

Understand?

donkey
2sBlind

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 10:00:14 PM »
I'll probably catch some flak over this but....the History Channel rated the top 10 fighters of all time and the 51 mustang won because it was the best ALL AROUND fighter of all time. It's not great in any one area but does most everything well. 109s will eat a 51 up in certain situations, and vice versa. 110s are generally a easy kill for me unless I fight Dastrly.He doesn't make the mistakes I do and I usually pay the price.
Lighten up Francis

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 06:29:10 AM »

The P-51 was historically a very good aircraft, but I'm sorry, in AHII right now, the thing  sucks. As an airplane, I think it is the easiest kill in the game if you have the E to catch one. It doesn't even have the roll rate and toughness that make FWs and Jugs such slippery targets. Yeah, I know there are some great P-51 sticks in AHII, but they would be great in any plane. Put them in Corsairs, D-9s, or Jugs and the carnage they wreak would only increase. All the AHII Mustang really has right now is OPHA style fighting, which some other planes do better. And as I have been discovering, the P-47-that freaking 8 ton behemoth-is actually BETTER than the Pony in in a knife-fight as long as you do't over-load it...better roll rate, better stability with all the flaps down, and, this is the bizarre part, better turn radius w/ flaps. If you know anything about what the relative strengths of the Mustang and Thunderbolt were historically, you can see why this is insane. It is shameful that the most famous piece of American Iron is being represented this badly.

I'll probably catch some flak over this but....the History Channel rated the top 10 fighters of all time and the 51 mustang won because it was the best ALL AROUND fighter of all time. It's not great in any one area but does most everything well. 109s will eat a 51 up in certain situations, and vice versa. 110s are generally a easy kill for me unless I fight Dastrly.He doesn't make the mistakes I do and I usually pay the price.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 06:38:40 AM »
Well-flown 109s will always eat up the Pony in AHII right now in anything resembling a fair fight, so will the 110 unless the Pony bnzs it, it which case the 110 still stands a decent chance of forcing the Pony to run or die.

This of course matches up with how things were in WWII, where the P-51 NEVER succesfully maneuver-fought the 109, and 110s were considered dangerous opponents..  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 08:04:31 AM »
What is OPHA style fighting? :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 08:15:08 AM »
What is OPHA style fighting? :salute

One Pass Haul A**.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 08:16:40 AM »
 :rofl Hajo was doing that to
 me yesterday morning :mad: In a jug no less  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 02:51:35 AM »
i think that the best all around american plane is the p38 or the corsair both very ecelent planes.

38 doesnt do everything great but has a lot going for it

and the hog is a monster in the right hands.

thats one reason i dont really fly the 51 much unless i just want to make opha fights

now it is fun to fly when the few inferior planes want to turnfight you alone but lets face it for me that hapens rarely.

i like the p47 d40 better than the 51 not as fast but at least i earn more perks with it.   eny 15or 20 if i remember right.

isnt the only thing keeping the d pony from being eny 10 or 15 instead of 8 its speed and feild of veiw? oh yea and fuel range.

personaly i think it should be a 10
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 02:58:06 AM »
i think that the best all around american plane is the p38 or the corsair both very ecelent planes.

The F6F Hellcat produced more fighter aces in WWII than any other aircraft.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »
The F6F Hellcat produced more fighter aces in WWII than any other aircraft.

I was about to look up that information because i thought it was somewhat true. I think I remember it as it had the most kills. The History channel may be going by more of what a plane can do rather than how many kills or fighter aces it produced.

Edit: Kills may not be an accurat way of deciding which was best either. As the war continued more and more German and Japanese pilots were killed and both sides were running out of experienced fighters. The 109's maybe had the most aces at one time but does that mean it was the best plane of WW2?

IN Game I say it's the F4U's and 38's which are best in the right hands. Neither of which I can fly extremely well but have died enough times to know they are very deadly here in AH.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:17:19 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »
The P-51 was historically a very good aircraft, but I'm sorry, in AHII right now, the thing  sucks.
Some people probably showered their drink thru their nose, reading that.  The 51D's definitely near the top of the short list of best fighters in the game.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you