Author Topic: Help with the proper times to use rudder in a turnfight. (P-38)  (Read 3438 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Help with the proper times to use rudder in a turnfight. (P-38)
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2008, 10:42:26 AM »
hmm, i heard some good things about the logitech actualy, despite its poor record for lasting more than a year.  The worst twisty stick i ever used, for 3 years no less, was the saitek cyborg. I cannot imagine using a mouse.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 09:36:14 AM »
my logiteck had the hat wear out in a couple months and was just very bouncy in general.  The x52 and rudder pedals are muuuuuuuuuuuch better.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 11:11:46 AM »
My logitech is starting to get a bit bouncy. Might have to replace it soon. Overall it works decently though. Can't decide if I want to invest in a pair of rudder pedals or not.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 06:48:37 PM »
so much personal preference in stick feel and prefered handling that I've most of folks advice to be pretty much worthless in that regard. For instance, I hear folks going on and on about twist stick, and about light resistance sticks vs heavy sticks.

I've never hkd ansy trouble at all with fine control while using a twisty stick. Only trouble I've ever had with twisty's is when a stick starts wearing out, and the inputs or contacts start getting worn and the axis just doesn't work.

As for light vs heavy spring on the stick just comes down to what you're used to, and learned on. I've been flying the past yer and a half with a saitek X52. It's the only stick I've ever played AHII with. And really haven't had trouble with the twisty stick or the light touch of th stick.

My 3rd x52 though has failed now due to mechanical issues, and I've switched the stick to a Logitech Extreme 3d pro while I wait months for my replacement from Saitek. This stick has a really heavy spring. I've initially found the heavy spring difficult to fly with. Not because it's worse or better, just because I have been using a lighter spring for years and the transition is difficult.

Admittedly I have found the heavy pull easier to work with though on planes with higher roll rates than the P38. With this heavy pull it feels like I am fighting a P38, but a P51 feels really smooth.
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 07:29:22 AM »
the first sidewinder i got was in 1997 along with MS flight sim 97. It still works perfectly after 11 years, although it is gameport not usb so it has been passed on to a friend. Another friend sent me 2 usb sidewinders for christmas a while back and they work great to this day, although the hat on the one im using is starting to get a bit loose now.

to anyone who is thinking of spending money on a stick in the future and does not have pedals already, find a Microsoft Sidewinder and you wont have to spend money again untill aces high 3.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.