Author Topic: So I got me a 2001 Mustang  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: So I got me a 2001 Mustang
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »
Guess you didn't watch the video.  Put alot on money in that car and it was set-up for D street prepared solo 2 racing.  Raced it for 7 years in the SCCA..and I was one of those drivers fellow drivers hated seeing show up at races.  There are 5 vids on Youtube.  Don't knock it till you try it.  Probe stock has a better skid pad number than a C5 corvette.  If your worried about HP any one can drive in a straight line!  I actually use some of the racing knowledge in this game.
I watched it, I was merely knocking the Probe because it's one of Ford's ugliest cars in the last 25 years.  That's what I'm knocking.  I'll stop harassing your baby then.

If I stuck 5g's in a Dodge Omni, I'd be sensitive about it too I guess.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:04:25 PM by Fulmar »
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »
I watched it, I was merely knocking the Probe because it's one of Ford's ugliest cars in the last 25 years.  That's what I'm knocking.  I'll stop harassing your baby then.

If I stuck 5g's in a Dodge Omni, I'd be sensitive about it too I guess.

You can't take him too seriously.  He actually said this below, as you quoted too:
Probe stock has a better skid pad number than a C5 corvette.

We know this to be patently false as shown in previous posts.

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2008, 04:43:54 PM »
Whats the skid pad numbers on a early 90's vette..are those the c4's?  I guess I miss spoke on the c5...maybe it the c4's.  Sorry I don't know the vette history like you Steve.  I did provide false info...my bad.  I passed that c5 so many times I think thats why he went off the road in the one video.  He didn't want the pesky little car with less than half the engine pass him....again.  There are video's on youtube of 10 sec. probes that use the stock block....2.5L.  Also video's of probes making almost 500hp...street driven cars.  I don't care they are great little cars and very fun to drive.  FYI my ex-father-in-law has a 07 Z06 that is just sex on wheels.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2008, 06:06:06 PM »
Whats the skid pad numbers on a early 90's vette..are those the c4's?  I guess I miss spoke on the c5...maybe it the c4's.  Sorry I don't know the vette history like you Steve.  I did provide false info...my bad.  I passed that c5 so many times I think thats why he went off the road in the one video.  He didn't want the pesky little car with less than half the engine pass him....again.  There are video's on youtube of 10 sec. probes that use the stock block....2.5L.  Also video's of probes making almost 500hp...street driven cars.  I don't care they are great little cars and very fun to drive.  FYI my ex-father-in-law has a 07 Z06 that is just sex on wheels.

I don't want you to think  I'm bashing probes, and I've seen a timeslip for an 8 second probe but it was a monster... not much left of the "probe" parts, ya know?  lol  I have no doubt Probes can be fun little cars to drive.  My only bias against them would be the FWD but that's a matter of personal preference more than anything else. It's clear that the c5 in the video is outmatched, whether he is testing, broken, or a novice driver. I wonder what the video would have looked like with similarly matched drivers who were consciously racing each other.  Again, I'm not bashing your car of choice. You're a car guy so we are both enthusiasts of the same hobby.   :aok    FWIW, the last model year of the c4 was 1996 and it's skid pad number was .91

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2008, 01:41:32 PM »
Guess I am just a fan of the under-dog.  <S> Steve 
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2008, 02:52:09 PM »
Remember, being a Texas driver you have to hog the express lane at 10 under the speed limit or they take your mustang away.

ROX

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »
ROX, he has no choice but to drive 10 mph under the limit, he's driving a Mustang.

Hehe...
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2008, 10:41:14 PM »
ROX, he has no choice but to drive 10 mph under the limit, he's driving a Mustang.

Hehe...

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I'll be getting in trouble for speeding anyways. I have to drive right past Sun City just to get to school and they drive 20 mph under the speed limit.  :noid
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2008, 12:17:16 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I'll be getting in trouble for speeding anyways. I have to drive right past Sun City just to get to school and they drive 20 mph under the speed limit.  :noid

Sun City? Where do you live?  I live in Surprise.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2008, 12:18:59 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_City%2C_Texas

At least that's where I think he's talking about.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2008, 12:28:36 AM »
Ya I gathered that after I looked at his pic and saw Tx plates, thanks.  The Sun City I was contemplating is in AZ

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2008, 01:45:32 AM »
Sun City is scary even in a Panzer.
Imagine a retirement community the size of an average town.
Full of blue hair and only knuckles visible on steering wheels.

I'm talkin *scary* ..they dont see you,
..dont care if they do, and really ..
..really ..
..got nothin to lose.

Clint Eastwood got nuthin on them.

-Frank aka GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »

I live by the Sun-City in Georgetown Texas.  :aok  :noid

Those old people are crazy. They drive 20 mph on the road and 60 in the parking lots.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2008, 03:30:06 AM »
:noid