Author Topic: :( what do i do  (Read 286 times)

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
:( what do i do
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:50:27 AM »
So I got new comp few monthes back, decent HP media center with XP so far the game runs smooth as can be with no glitches....ecxept for my Mic.

I was using a traitional 1/8" headphone jack mic plugged into the line in on the front of my computer. However with that headset in AH no one could under stand me and they said i was really loud(yes i played with all the settings). However I use skype and ventrillo and in those apps my voice is crystal clear. So, fed up with being silent and at the right place at the right time I pickup a USB headset from office depot. I ran home plugged it in and perfect my voice rang out crystal clear over VOX. So i figure problem solved...........few minutes later i flying with my squad giving direction letting people know what to attack, when i realize no one can hear me. I look down and the little light on my new headsets volume control and it is blinking very fast, it was solid. I get pissed off and just pull the plug and stick back in.......works great for another little bit and then my mic goes dead again.....What do I do? Can anyone help me fix either headset USB or reg 1/8".
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Optiker

• Zinc Member
Re: :( what do i do
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:59:03 PM »
Capt,

just a thought, but you may need a powered USB hub. Depending on the number of USB peripherals you are running, the new headset may be starving for power.

Regards,

Optiker

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »
 :confused: ohhhhhhh, yeah I have a ton of USB:
keyboard (wirless)
mouse (wired optical)
printer/scanner
camera (charges off comp)
joysitck
throttle
pedals
webcam
iphone
headset
all plugged in at same time :rolleyes:

OK ill go get one brb
ty :aok
 :salute
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 03:43:19 PM »
 :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Thank you, its seems to have worked :aok
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 05:11:50 PM »
One other thing you can do is go to the device manager and then scroll down to the usb roots and deselect the power saving option. You may also want to make sure you are not using the power saving option at desktop. You can find that in the control panel.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter