Author Topic: shifty/JG11  (Read 1475 times)

storch

Re: shifty/JG11
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 07:28:49 PM »
You quote that movie often, too bad you don't live up to the code of the guy you quoted.
You're actually more more of a Ike Clanton, all bully and Bulls**t.

See you and the rest of the Cowboys in the DA.

c'mon at least let me be johnny tyler (billy bob thornton), anyone but ike clanton sheesh

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 07:36:34 PM »
We've got a squad night tonight. and the AvA arena is all borked.

We could get this done this evening.
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

storch

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 07:47:41 PM »
might be fun if we could

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 07:54:43 PM »
we'll be in the AVA at the top of the hour. I'll let you know how many we'll have.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 07:55:46 PM »
I'll be the MW

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 07:46:07 AM »
Storch, there is no fun to have with, or against, you guys. So forgive me but, we are not interested.

You should read up on this, before we can engage in any type of serious conversation.

Have a good day Sir.

:rofl

Respect is built thru fair and open competition/confrontation, What better way to take the measure of a man.

Few (if any) have said it better then this...

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

As far as I'm concerned JG54 has made huge strides over the last few years. For all those who've "whined" {often with some merit IMO} here is a clear opportunity to meet these guys in "the arena" in a fair test of skill in a realistic more "AvA" style engagement and take their full measure :aok

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 08:56:04 AM »
humble

I know the JG54 guys, I was a member of JG54 up til less than a year ago. Who are you to question me? Your post is irrelevant, and fail at discrediting me right about the time you say "fair and open competition/confrontation".

It is easy to criticize someone on the BBS, it's people you don't know, never have met, and probably never will meet. Respect is something that is lacking, completely, in your own post. So what do you know about it? Quoting someone is easy enough but it proves noting about yourself.

JG54 has some good sticks, really good, and most of the guys in JG54 aren't bad people, nothing of the sort. Still, a certain few are lacking vital social skills and common sense to maintain a good reputation and gain respect among those in this community who value honor, good conduct, respect for your opponent, skill and of course a good sense of humor. That is what completely ruin this squad named JG54.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 09:01:17 AM »
as a professional boat captain, respect is earned, not a given. respectful engagements are fine but respect is only given when earned and aquired.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »
There is a "hard deck" for what is called politeness, below that it's called disrespect. Something a few individuals of JG54 display more often than not.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 11:19:49 AM »
humble

I know the JG54 guys, I was a member of JG54 up til less than a year ago. Who are you to question me? Your post is irrelevant, and fail at discrediting me right about the time you say "fair and open competition/confrontation".

It is easy to criticize someone on the BBS, it's people you don't know, never have met, and probably never will meet. Respect is something that is lacking, completely, in your own post. So what do you know about it? Quoting someone is easy enough but it proves noting about yourself.

JG54 has some good sticks, really good, and most of the guys in JG54 aren't bad people, nothing of the sort. Still, a certain few are lacking vital social skills and common sense to maintain a good reputation and gain respect among those in this community who value honor, good conduct, respect for your opponent, skill and of course a good sense of humor. That is what completely ruin this squad named JG54.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

What I understand is that you have issues you cant rise above at this point in your life. I probably have a longer history with storch then just about anyone flying now. I'm also historically one of if not the greatest JG54 basher on the planet. When I made a breif swing back thru the AvA one of the 1st things I noticed was both an overall improvement in skills (a very significant one) and much better grasp of gameplay/sportsmanship. They would split up if the arena was imbalanced and I noted that they would let a one on one (vs a known/respected foe) go till completion.

Respect is earned and IMO at some point JG54 went from talking the talk to walking the walk....I can see your still in the talking stage of things. I'll put this to you another way, in spite of all my historical anomosity for all things JG54 they've earned my respect over the last year or so.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 11:26:24 AM »
No, it is obvious you do not get what I am saying. Or you wouldn't post what you just did. If you are trying to insult me as a person, I'm not the easiest person to get to. I've been through things that few people would live to talk about. You don't insult people for no good reason, like you and many others on these boards do. Insulting someone isn't going to give you the leverage to earn respect among others either. It's a con trick that may work on a BBS but not irl, and a severe case of self-deception trying to look cool. There is nothing mature whatsoever in insulting people, but then growing up is not for everyone either.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 11:29:43 AM by 33Vortex »

Truth has no agenda.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 11:52:04 AM »
No, it is obvious you do not get what I am saying. Or you wouldn't post what you just did. If you are trying to insult me as a person, I'm not the easiest person to get to. I've been through things that few people would live to talk about. You don't insult people for no good reason, like you and many others on these boards do. Insulting someone isn't going to give you the leverage to earn respect among others either. It's a con trick that may work on a BBS but not irl, and a severe case of self-deception trying to look cool. There is nothing mature whatsoever in insulting people, but then growing up is not for everyone either.

I'm responding to what you wrote. From my perspective your the one insulting people who dont agree with you. You go further by trying to make real life self validations and draw unrealistic conclusions about my motivations & character. As a general rule I'll give you a few pointers...

1) We all have real life "experiences", as a general rule those who have gone above and beyond dont feel the need to trivialize it...

2) "Respect" cant be faked or leveraged, its a coin others grant to you and you cant actually spend...only lose thru your own actions or inactions.

3) "Cool" is overrated and the refuge of those who have not been granted respect by others.

4) "growing up" is a never ending process.

Storch and I have been in multiple pissing contests since before most current AH players even heard of the game. He (and the other long time JG54 guys) have earned the right to gain my respect. That doesnt mean I agree with them or even "like" them...simply that I've reached the conclusion that I respect them (for now at least).

You had many options from not responding at all to saying something insightful to acting like someone pissed in your cheerios. Your coming across to me as a whiner. So the best and simplest advice I can give you is just to cowboy up...

VWE

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 01:10:23 PM »
Hey now that's a good volley going on but the score is still Humble-2 and vortex-0... carry on!

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 01:25:30 PM »
Lol omg I'm so through with this discussion. There is no reasoning with you guys. I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying, it's the way you say it. Have fun stroking your egos, I don't want anything to do with it.

Bottom line is, this is a game, and I really couldn't care less about what you may think of me. There are a few people in this game I consider my friends, who know me a little bit better and whose friendship and opinions I value. If you can't pay me any respect even on the level of being polite, well I should'nt even have to explain it to you.

And VWE, keep going you've really got the attitude of a winner!  :aok

Goodbye!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:36:30 PM by 33Vortex »

Truth has no agenda.

VWE

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 02:05:56 PM »
Don't go away mad vortex, your still #1 in my book!