Author Topic: Award or Ranking by contribution of Score/Death  (Read 1144 times)

Batmann

Award or Ranking by contribution of Score/Death
« on: March 20, 2000, 08:40:00 PM »
HTC doesn't run the system of the rank or the award yet.  So, I make private system for our squadron --- JG68.
I don't have intention of announcing it all.  But, one matter in it is very intersting in my opinion.  Perhaps you think it so too.  Maybe, it may have influence on HTC award system in future.

Most important score for fighter pilots is Kill/Death in my opinion.  It means lifetime average kills.  Correctly, it is desirable to be Kill/(Death + 1).  Because, the death with once lives in the life with twice.

Next, I calculate lifetime average kills of squadron.  This is the computation fomula by same reason...

(Total Kills) / ((Total Deaths) + (Members Number)) = A

I had an interst in how much did some member contribute to average.  How does the score become if there is not the member ?  The computation fomula is...

((Total Kills) - (Personal Kills)) / (((Total Deaths) - (Personal Deaths) + (Members Number) - 1) = B

So...

(A - B) / A

I call the contribution it.

Some member's score is more on the average, the contribution becomes positive.  
If it is more under the average, it becomes negative.
The member about whom K/D is excellent becomes contribution better.
The member who has many Kills or Deaths, his absolute value of contribution becomes big.

I think the contribution is the proper value to judge whether he is worth about the awarding or the promotion.  If he is bomber pilot, we can computes using (Object Damage)/Death instead of K/D.  If he is transporter pilot, (Captures)/Death is reasonable.

I calculated about Squadron average.  It must be interesting to calculate about the country average also.  Which country has highest Average Score/Death... Don't you want to know ?

[This message has been edited by Batmann (edited 03-20-2000).]

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2000, 09:38:00 PM »
Why not use the actual point method used by the Germans to present awards to Luftwaffe pilots in WWII.

You can trim it down a bit as they had a lot of options such as:

1/2 point for destruction of already damaged twin engine aircraft.
1 point for destroying single engine aircraft, damage twin engine, destroying an already damaged 4 engine.
2 points destroying twin engine or damage multi engine bomber.
3 points for multi engine bomber brought down. (they considered this extremely difficult unlike the ease of shooting a bomber down in AH)

Ritterkreuz awarded for 40 to 50 points

You can provide American type medals and set your own point qualifiers.

Just a note from history.

RANGER BOB

Batmann

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2000, 11:21:00 PM »
RangerBob wrote:

1 point for destroying single engine aircraft, damage twin engine, destroying an already damaged 4 engine.
3 points for multi engine bomber brought down. (they considered this extremely difficult unlike the ease of shooting a bomber down in AH)

Ritterkreuz awarded for 40 to 50 points

It's intersting very much.  AH score distinguishes between "Kills of Fighters" and "Kills of Bombers".  I can do it.

But, it's too easy to get 40 points in AH.  Because, it is possible to die our many time in the arena.  Actual pilot can die only once.
So, is it reasonable to get 40 points per deaths ?  This time, it's too difficult.  If we have "streak points" like WB in AH, it will be reasonable in my opinion.

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2000, 05:26:00 AM »
One can use a streak multiplier - eg 1 kill of a fighter = 1 point, second kill = 1 point x 2, 3rd - x 3 etc. So, if you have 3 kills and 3 deaths your result = 3 and if you managed 3-kill streak you end up with 6 points.

Whenever a score system is up and running it should be very easy to implement.

------------------
-lynx-
13 Sqn RAF

Offline crabofix

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2000, 05:41:00 AM »

Originally posted by RangerBob:

Of course it was difficult to shoot down a bomber in thoose hughe groups of 30-50 bombers protecting eachothers. A single bomber was NOTHING to deal with, If you got seperated from your group, as a bomber, you where as good as dead. If not, you where extreamly lucky.

Crabofix, "fresh fish isīnt bad"

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2000, 07:34:00 AM »
Kill/dead ratio represetative? Pickup P51 from a far elevated base, climb to 35k with two external tanks, patrol areas with little enemy activity, target and destroy an alone enemy or vulch a sieged base, return as fast as possible and repeat the process. Never risk your plane. Your k/d ratio will grow up as fast as lightning with no real merits. And be sure a lot of people just follow that way to fly. Remmember that in this main arena you have no commander ordering you to attack higher bomber formations with scorts. Make Kill/dead ratio the most important factor for scoring and you'll have a main arena full of cowards. kill/time and kill/sortie ratio are both as important or more than just K/D alone.

eskimo

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2000, 08:03:00 AM »
I agree with MANDOBLE.  In addition, hit % cuts down on spray-n-pray tactics, and Points prevent the 1 mirical sortie (or I'll only fly when it looks really safe) fliers from leading the pack.

As far as points go; in this game buffs should be worth only 1/2 a point, because they are so much easier to kill (just look at the kill to death ratio).  C-47's maybe .1 point.

eskimo

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2000, 08:43:00 AM »
C47s should be worth way more points then vulches.

------------------
Pongo
The Wrecking Crew