Author Topic: "We need a new one!"  (Read 640 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
"We need a new one!"
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:56:50 PM »
@#$@#$@# wife---EVERY time something breaks, her immediate response is to "buy a new one". Soooo typical of women--car has 65,000 on it...needs new brakes... "might as well buy a new car...it's gonna nickel and dime me to death now". Today's adventure involved her laptop--4 year old Dell...was obvious (to ME, anyway), that the hard drive was toast--she stomped off to buy a brand new one...(she uses it for work) when all that was needed was a $100 ata hard drive and a copy of XP (total, $250 on tigerdirect) .As we were arguing over said laptop, the @#@# DRYER died (could be as simple as a starter cap)--so she is currently going to Sears, Home depot and Lowes after shopping for laptops to price THEM I think I'm gonna get jug and go kill stuff
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
Re: "We need a new one!"
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 03:11:08 PM »
  ouch,,,, that stinks ......
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:26:14 PM »
I think YOU need a new one bj :)

Next time she gets sick put your foot down. Maybe she'll get the idea.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 06:53:18 PM »
@#$@#$@# wife---EVERY time something breaks, her immediate response is to "buy a new one". Soooo typical of women--car has 65,000 on it...needs new brakes... "might as well buy a new car...it's gonna nickel and dime me to death now". Today's adventure involved her laptop--4 year old Dell...was obvious (to ME, anyway), that the hard drive was toast--she stomped off to buy a brand new one...(she uses it for work) when all that was needed was a $100 ata hard drive and a copy of XP (total, $250 on tigerdirect) .As we were arguing over said laptop, the @#@# DRYER died (could be as simple as a starter cap)--so she is currently going to Sears, Home depot and Lowes after shopping for laptops to price THEM (Image removed from quote.) I think I'm gonna get jug and go kill stuff

LOL ~ that's funny. I don't ask TxDad to buy new anything ~ I just ask him to fix whatever's broken.  I don't ask when, why, how or by what means. As long as it reappears fixed, it's all good to me. :) I'm satisfied with his solutions, even if it means he's handing me a pair of plyers (sp?) & saying:

"The knob's not getting replaced. Use this to pull it out to start the cycle.  Stick it on top of the washing machine so you always have it."

But all hell will break loose if my plyers are gone & I gotta go look for them later!!!! :lol
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 07:05:27 PM »
Well...just got done hooking up washer/dryer she brought home (washer was scratch and dent, at least) Shouldnt have let her leave with the truck. Woman used to be able to teach Persian rug merchants a thing or 2, now she wants to BUY NEW stuff--I won the laptop battle though! :aok

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 07:30:39 PM »
I hear ya bj.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
@#$@#$@# wife---EVERY time something breaks, her immediate response is to "buy a new one". Soooo typical of women--car has 65,000 on it...needs new brakes... "might as well buy a new car...it's gonna nickel and dime me to death now". Today's adventure involved her laptop--4 year old Dell...was obvious (to ME, anyway), that the hard drive was toast--she stomped off to buy a brand new one...(she uses it for work) when all that was needed was a $100 ata hard drive and a copy of XP (total, $250 on tigerdirect) .As we were arguing over said laptop, the @#@# DRYER died (could be as simple as a starter cap)--so she is currently going to Sears, Home depot and Lowes after shopping for laptops to price THEM (Image removed from quote.) I think I'm gonna get jug and go kill stuff

See now I get the opposite.
I get teh "Why cant you just fix it"
no matter how badly its broke

Unless she gets in one of her moods.
When she gets in a bad mood she is likely to buy a new anything for any reason.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 09:07:52 PM »
When she gets in a bad mood she is likely to buy a new anything for any reason.
HMMMmmmmmmm...you may be onto something there :frown:

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member

Offline BOXGIRL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 11:05:35 PM »
i am sorry bj...boxboy28 is teaching me how to fix things and i am pretty handy as is..when i grew up my dad fixed everything and i mean everything infact he still does fix everything..i don't remember once us getting something new unless it was completely dead and i mean not even the best reapair man could bring it back so i guess i just learned not to get new stuff unless needed..heck i can't even remember the last time i bought something new for myself its what i buy is always for the kids or boxboy28..after reading this i want to go shopping just to feel girly again.. ;)
^"^Nazgul^"^
Well behaved women rarely make history"Marilyin Monroe

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 05:50:09 AM »
What's tedious is the woman is a good electrician and carpenter---when I used to be a road warrior, Id come home and doors would be in new places, etc "Oh uah, I didnt like it there".... Lol guess she has reached the end of her rope for fixing old stuff

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 12:03:22 PM »
You seriously need to put a stop to this, now.

In a few years when you start nickling and diming her ....

Just sayin'.
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 05:50:34 PM »
@#%#%@#% She bought a new laptop, she goin back to work tomorrow