Author Topic: Palestinian Rockets hit Israel, and break truce already  (Read 842 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Palestinian Rockets hit Israel, and break truce already
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 04:48:47 PM »
How long would it take for you to get over it, if some foreign govt took you your family and everyone in your city and kicked them out of their houses. They just picked you up and kicked everyone out, giving you no money for your property or anywhere to go. Just so they could let new people move in and start a new city with a new name?

Would you just walk away and do nothing? Would you not still hold a grudge against those people 50 years later? Well that's the root of the problem with the Israeli's and the Palestinians. How exactly would you suggest they fix it?

The simple fact is both sides are to blame for the current problems. 

Errrr IIRC the Israeli's brought the dry barren land of the few poor Arabs (NOT palestinians) that lived there that 50 years or more ago. You know, paid them for it.

Stop listening to the lesbian propaganda crockett.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 04:59:22 PM »
What truce was broken?  The truce was between Hamas and the Isaelis and Hamas didn't fire those rockets, Islamic Jihad did.  As far as I can tell, the truce between Hamas and Israel is still intact. 

I also don't think Hamas will break their truce in support of Islamic Jihad since they are bitter rivals and both groups repeatedly clash.  In fact, Islamic Jihad is a splinter group of the Egyptian Islamic Jihad, a group founded by Bin-laden's right hand man Ayman al-Zawahiri and preaches the same perverted form if Islam that Al-Queda does.  Islamic Jihad is also funded by Hezbollah and by some reports directly from Iran as well.

ack-ack
Hamas IS the government there, and what goes on has their tacit blessing.

(Question: Why, in discussions such as these, do conservatives invariably side with Israel, and Liberals invariably side with the Palestinian bus-blower-uppers-and-rocket/mortar-launchers at pizzerias?)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 06:06:58 PM »
Errrr IIRC the Israeli's brought the dry barren land of the few poor Arabs (NOT palestinians) that lived there that 50 years or more ago. You know, paid them for it.

At the time of partition in 1947, Jews owned about 7 - 8% of the land of Israel/Palestine. Arabs privately owned 20%+, and the rest was public land. The population was split about 1.2 million Arabs, 0.6 million Jews.

but no, I do not think that ritualized terrorism--especially the kind that recruits children--is what anybody would do in that situation.

The youngest Palestinian suicide bomber was 16. The Israeli security forces have killed 531 Palestinians aged 15 or younger since 2000, including 113 under the age of 10. In the same period Palestinian terrorists have killed 56 Israelis under the age of 16, including 25 under the age of 10.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 06:08:45 PM »
I'm tired already of this tit fortat nonsensical policies both sides seem to have.
Each has to be the one to get the last shot in.

In this whole affair its like two kids fighting over a ball.
Ad what do you do with two children fighting over a ball?
Why you take the ball away

I still say the best way to take care of this whole situation is to Nuke the entire area.
Wipe it clean off the map.
turn it into a sheet of glass. usless and uninhabitable for anyone

There, now nobody has it.

The biggest mistake made was recreating Israel in the so called "holy lands"
It was only asking for trouble right form the start.

Shoulda shipped em all to and recreated An Israel state in Jamaica.

Then everyone would be too stoned to fight each other
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 06:11:35 PM »
At the time of partition in 1947, Jews owned about 7 - 8% of the land of Israel/Palestine. Arabs privately owned 20%+, and the rest was public land. The population was split about 1.2 million Arabs, 0.6 million Jews.

The figure's I've seen say 12% before the 1930's, and the 'arabs' that owned the land were not the ones living on it.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 06:22:02 PM »

The youngest Palestinian suicide bomber was 16. The Israeli security forces have killed 531 Palestinians aged 15 or younger since 2000, including 113 under the age of 10. In the same period Palestinian terrorists have killed 56 Israelis under the age of 16, including 25 under the age of 10.

Looks like the israelis are better at it
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 06:32:32 PM »
israel was set up by the UN........and for some odd reason......we are the ones left defending it....  figures.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 07:58:23 PM »
israel was set up by the UN........and for some odd reason......we are the ones left defending it....  figures.

Well to be fair, we aren't really defending them they do a pretty good job of that themselves. However we are flipping the bill for it.
"strafing"

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »
Well to be fair, we aren't really defending them they do a pretty good job of that themselves. However we are flipping the bill for it.

true that

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2008, 02:57:39 PM »
There is no way to change what happened to the owners of the land in the late '40's.  Nor is their any way to change what happened when the land was taken originally from the Israeli's. 

The fact that the Arab world is still supporting this terrorism is just further proof of their descent into lawless heathens.  Sad, especially considering the contribution these people made to mankind.  Perhaps they will change their ways and educate their youth instead of strapping bombs on their backs and preaching hate.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline slipknot

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »
Sad, especially considering the contribution these people made to mankind.  Perhaps they will change their ways and educate their youth instead of strapping bombs on their backs and preaching hate.

The virtuous deeds of people a thousand years past should be credited to their modern descendants as readily as their misdeeds... Hence we have the concept of forgiveness, as well as the phrase: "what have you done for me lately, eddie?"

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2008, 03:14:39 PM »
  Sad, especially considering the contribution these people made to mankind. 

other than algebra...what have arabs given mankind? (and by the way...thanks a pant load for the algebra)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2008, 07:24:11 PM »
That's what happens when you deal with people that have no honor..... :mad:

Ah, but you're wrong there. They are working hard to keep up their honor, so hard that sometimes they have to stone to death some of their daughters and sisters because they didn't wear a scarf or they were thought to be looking at men in a bad way.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2008, 07:26:40 PM »
Hamas IS the government there, and what goes on has their tacit blessing.

No, Hamas is the government in the Gaza Strip not in the West Bank.  Also, Islamic Jihad and Hamas are bitter rivals and they fight each other more than they fight the Israelis.  Islamic Jihad is also a splinter group of the Egyptian Islamic Jihad that was created by Al-Queda's #2 man.

(Question: Why, in discussions such as these, do conservatives invariably side with Israel, and Liberals invariably side with the Palestinian bus-blower-uppers-and-rocket/mortar-launchers at pizzerias?)

Question..why do people like you ASSume what someone else's political affiliation is when they actually have no clue?  I have been a registered Republican for 20 years.  

Please show me in my post where I said anything remotely against the Israeli government and supported as you put it the "bus blower-uppers-and-rocket/mortar-launchers at pizzerias?  

ack-ack
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 07:28:30 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 07:32:45 PM »
No, Hamas is the government in the Gaza Strip not in the West Bank.  Also, Islamic Jihad and Hamas are bitter rivals and they fight each other more than they fight the Israelis.  Islamic Jihad is also a splinter group of the Egyptian Islamic Jihad that was created by Al-Queda's #2 man.

Question..why do people like you ASSume what someone else's political affiliation is when they actually have no clue?  I have been a registered Republican for 20 years. 

Please show me in my post where I said anything remotely against the Israeli government and supported as you put it the "bus blower-uppers-and-rocket/mortar-launchers at pizzerias? 

ack-ack
The observation was a general one and not directed at you, which is why I put it a few lines down--saves an additional post
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/