Author Topic: ABC Has Lost Their Minds  (Read 701 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: ABC Has Lost Their Minds
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 11:42:34 PM »
At times I watch the BBC news here in the States. You guys should try it some times they report the same stories as the U.S news teams however it comes across with no bias that I can see.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 11:52:15 PM »
Guess who is sitting in for Charles Gibson? 

George Stephenopolis...the former Clinton Aide.

You have GOT to be flippin' KIDDING ME!

OMFG AHHHHH!!!111
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 12:04:25 AM »
I don't trust any news source anymore, I listen to it as I would any other entertainment venue.

I watch the news, just rarely. If I have trouble going to sleep, I tune to Fox. I almost never watch CNN, NBC, CBS, they always get me mad just from how crazy it is. Atleast Fox reports enough of the otherside for you to understand.  :aok
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 07:47:34 AM »
Jeesh!  Why not let Hillary do the flippin' newscasts this week!

The way the media has swung........or been bought off, they probably would let Hillary have a shot at it, but I think the heavy sniper fire that follows her around would be too much for them to handle.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 03:33:29 PM »
ABC news took a nice dive when Mr. Jennings passed on.  I loved his reporting...
(Image removed from quote.)

Peter Jennings was awesome.  A bit of an ego guy behind the scenes in the meetings, but great on-air.  Of the "big three", I think he was the least left of center.  You got the news that made the news.

As much as Walter Cronkite solidified the mold of a single national news anchor (not a team), he was and is very liberal, both on and off the air.  The Dan Rather Era was ok...but he was no Walter and just as liberal. 

Karl Rove as a political commentator for Fox News is just that, a commentator.  He's not delivering a newscast.  The day he starts delivering newscasts for Fox News is the day I would say the same thing about them as I am ABC.

I'm talking about anchoring the national news. 

One thing about Fox I do like is that when they spot light a political issue or agenda they bring on commentators from both sides.  It not only is more fair, but the debates are pretty interesting (except when they both talk at the same time--that make me change the channel).  When the host starts in negatively one one of the commentators it does bug me.

ROX

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 03:44:50 PM »
The Dan Rather Era was ok...but he was no Walter and just as liberal. 

What????  Rather was a disgrace to newsmen and journalists. His blatant bias mixed with a grand canyon sized ego made him think he was more important than the news, and he constantly let his opinions and bias color the way stories were reported.  He should be held up as an example in journalism schools as what a journalist should never become.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 04:10:55 PM »
ehh, as long as I know whats happening, I dont care...
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »
I'm wondering how you feel about Karl Rove as a political analyst for Fox News.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/12/us/politics/12rove.html

He is a contributor, not a show host. Fox has liberal contributors also, hence the "fair and balanced".
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 04:51:34 PM »
He is a contributor, not a show host. Fox has liberal contributors also, hence the "fair and balanced".

After leaving the Clinton admin, Stephanopoulos started out as a political analyst as well. Rove is on the very same path.
sand

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 04:57:15 PM »
Are there no politically objective news providers in America? Your country should be large enough to atleast have one. Every time news is discussed here it almost always boils down to what way the provider is bent, and not the news itself.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 04:59:04 PM »
Are there no politically objective news providers in America?

No.
sand

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »
Thats odd. Are they all owned by political parties or interests?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 05:18:03 PM »

Corporate interests ARE political interests.
sand

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
Are there no politically objective news providers in America? Your country should be large enough to atleast have one. Every time news is discussed here it almost always boils down to what way the provider is bent, and not the news itself.

Yea the Daily show rags on everyone and probably give a more accurate report than the other major News stations and it's a comedy show.
"strafing"

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »

Actually no. They are owned and run by people who tend to lean left.  CBS, ABC, and NBC run a newscast that show 3 American Soldiers killed and 6 wounded by a roadside bomb, and keeps hinting that the war is lost.

FOX News runs the same story, followed by a story of American servicewomen (medics) doing classes with Iraqi women about healthcare and free check-ups for their kids.  Then reminds viewers the violence is a fraction of what it was before the "troop surge".

Like minded folks watch like minded news sources.  Conservitive folks usually watch Fox News.  Middle of the road folks like NBC News.  Liberal folks like CBS.  REALLY liberal folks like ABC.

Each network tries get a "piece of the ratings pie".  It's all about ratings.

Fox News has a lock on the conservatives and the cable news (CNN trails FOX in the ratings...but is also very liberal).

The other three "traditional" non-cable tv national news networks are then forced to go the other way...divy up the liberal viewers.

While not owned by political interests, the traditional non-cable networks are owned and run by interests that tend to lean liberal...it's just a matter of how much at the time.  And yes, they can sway public opinion by those newscasts.

You are in a good place Nilsen.  Norway seems pretty laid back.  You never hear of Norway beating up on it's neighbors, starting wars, having terrorists blow up your buildings, or having terrorist kingpins call Norway the Satan of all Satans.  That's a good thing for your children and their children.

In October, my wife & I will spend our 25th wedding anniversary on the Norwegian flagged Adventure of the Seas!  My  :salute to one of the best passenger naval nations on the earth.

If I have photoshopped your likeness too much it's because I respect you.  You looked great on the moon!

All of Norway was proud!   (No medal from the King Harald V?)  You have my  :salute

ROX

« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 06:24:47 PM by ROX »