Author Topic: Annoying :)  (Read 114 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Annoying :)
« on: March 15, 2001, 12:38:00 AM »
Yesterday, one Kniggit base was under attack from sustained panzer and ostie attack.

Naturally I upped in a heavy 190F8 to do some damage, with lots of Fporkuc's and tiffies around, making 30 degree dive strafe attacks and getting killed a lot.

Was quite careful til i got fed up. Climbed to 6 k, set up attack run so that I dove straight in, dropped bombs with a very high degree of accuracy.

Rearmed a total of 5 times. 5 direct hits with 500 kgs, plenty of direct hits with 50kgs.

Result: one kill (with 2*50kg), all the rest assists due to the Hispano firing suicidal maniacs, who survived mostly because the ostie was firing at another Hispano dweeb at the time they made their pass.

Conclusion: F8 is good in these situations only when there aren't too many hispano wielding planes around.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"Live to pull, pull to live"

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2001, 03:18:00 AM »
Yep, bombing vehicles is always slower than using cannons or rockets because you need to grab altitude first.

Two things are against F-8, Hispano's ability to kill tanks and lack of softer vehicles which could be killed easier with bombs.

Panzerblitz could help a lot.

------------------
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2001, 06:35:00 AM »
 Hey Jochen... what is Sissi? Your from Finland and its a term I saw used a lot in reference to the "Winter War" of 39 between your nation and the Soviets. Or was it Sissu..Argh... been along damn time. One was the name of your snow troops/commando's the other some philosophy...?

batdog

P.S. We need a winter war map... with blizzards and icy conditions and.... well maybe not. Seeing your wings freeze at 20k would really rot.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2001, 07:46:00 AM »

Originally posted by batdog:
Hey Jochen... what is Sissi? Your from Finland and its a term I saw used a lot in reference to the "Winter War" of 39 between your nation and the Soviets. Or was it Sissu..Argh... been along damn time. One was the name of your snow troops/commando's the other some philosophy...?

Sisu is the finnish philosophy which Karnak beautifully describes as "what must be done, will be done, regardless of the cost."

Sissi is a finnish ranger. In the winter war the finnish ski-troops were called "the white death" by the russians.

P.S. We need a winter war map... with blizzards and icy conditions and.... well maybe not. Seeing your wings freeze at 20k would really rot.
[/b]

Will a continuation war terrain do?  

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2001, 10:40:00 AM »
Thanks Camo.  

StSanta,
When I need to tank bust I take a Typhoon or Spitfire MkIX, however I consider the cannons to be my last resort.  I much prefer using bombs.  Its MUCH safer.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak

[This message has been edited by Karnak (edited 03-15-2001).]
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2001, 08:54:00 AM »
Thanks for the info! That conflict always amazed me. I remember when I use to play squad leader my "favorite" troops where the Fins.

batdog
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu