Author Topic: <S> to the new KOTH of this month  (Read 1096 times)

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Re: <S> to the new KOTH of this month
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 09:59:41 AM »
The way it's designed, there will always be a cherry picker. Let say two people r fightin at 1k on the deck, and another plane that HAVE TO engage that fight because of the rule. He will most likely cherry pick because that his advantage. If another person run into that 3 way fighting, and he blew his E to get on the deck, then I think he's as good as dead. He's better off holding that E and BnZ so that when another plane enter the fight with E, he won't be a target himself.

If he keep that E, and a new person enter the fight with the same E. they'll probably end up in the deck also, eventually anyway. I died many times when my fight w/ another person was around 100 knts OTD, and the new guy came in with E and picked us both. It happens.

So while two people are in a good fight on the deck, they get Cherry picked by some one who doesn't want to fight, I don't get the point of Koth then, The winner is the most self preserving cherry picker? you get that in the MA everyday, they don't useually get a WTG for it tho.
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline reeb

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 10:00:23 AM »
keeping your E dont always asure you a win, i myself prefer to fight from the defensive cuz its not hard to get cherry pickers to overshoot. never underestimate the low slow corsair!

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 10:02:38 AM »
It's tuff to BnZ w/ a 6k deck limit, because if you go for alt then you're breakin the upper limit and that match is disqualify for ya.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »
So while two people are in a good fight on the deck, they get Cherry picked by some one who doesn't want to fight, I don't get the point of Koth then, The winner is the most self preserving cherry picker? you get that in the MA everyday, they don't useually get a WTG for it tho.

The rule is you HAVE TO engage. If you killed your bad guy, then YOU HAVE TO fly to the nearest fight and engage the fight.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:10:12 AM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 10:11:13 AM »
The rule is you HAVE TO engage. If you kill your bad guy, then YOU HAVE TO fly to the nearest fight and engage the fight.

ok, then I'm missing something.

I'm afraid that the best way to win koth is to not take any risk to shot someone, and cruise at 6K waiting for the others to shoot each other, while acting like you are making passes.

Then this is cheating?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 10:13:53 AM »
It depends on luck and skill. Luck is that while you're doing 1 v 1 w/ someone, you won't be pick by the 3rd person that comes in. Skill is you able to take 1 vs 1, and dodge bnzmers at the same time.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 10:28:48 AM »
It depends on luck and skill. Luck is that while you're doing 1 v 1 w/ someone, you won't be pick by the 3rd person that comes in. Skill is you able to take 1 vs 1, and dodge bnzmers at the same time.

I'm afraid that the best way to win koth is to not take any risk to shot someone, and cruise at 6K waiting for the others to shoot each other, while acting like you are making passes.

Wheres the luck and skill? By your own statment "The rule is you HAVE TOO engage" This stratagy is cheating.

listen, don't get me wrong here, i have no problem with KOTH, the point I'm trying to make is this, I could be wrong here but isn't KOTH supposed to be a dogfighting event, isn't Aces High supposed to be about dogfighting and the fun of dogfighting, The "get a kill by any means" mentality is what makes the MA unbearable at times, this seems to have been brought to events such as KOTH.

Look on the boards, when you have people posting threads that they actually had some good fights one evening, there is a problem. If in a dogfighting event people gameing the rules are not delt with severly there is no hope for the MA.

Not a knock on KOTH, you, or the people that put KOTH together, just an observation.

:salute

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 10:35:47 AM »
Watch the film I post on this thread Yanksfan =) you will see a dogfight!
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 12:59:45 PM »
I didn't want to say anything untill you posted somthing Yenny, but heres a pic of the HO, which I realy don't care about, I just told you I would post it for ya:

obviously I could have pulled that and gave you some hits, but I pulled a little off to avoid a colision and you took the shot.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 01:10:56 PM »
Don't be fooled by the complainers pic, watch the film. It was a fair and well earned shot IMO

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2008, 04:23:51 PM »
The rules got more enforced and added some because people taking advantage of the honor system.  Maybe after a few months, they will be relaxed some.  Only way that gonna happen though is by films.  If films show no one bending/breaking the rules for a few koths, more then likely it will go back to the honor system.  Way I looking at it now if u don't send a film, U must have something to hide if you were a wabbit or winner.  Except those with problems with making the films like we had in last KOTH or those who came in late and didn't know the new rules.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 11:37:32 PM »
on the spit9 round, I let jerkins live so we could gang the wabbit, but in fact he didn't see me at all coming and shot me when I was on his 12 shooting the rabbit....

Of course i shot you, its KOTH and you flew in front of me.  Not shooting would be in violation of both the rules and the spirit of the event.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 12:15:02 AM »
With many in KoTH, the prize is worth more than how they fly it.

I'm not sure how Dogg manages to manage the event, but the ego in there is greater than the sum of its parts.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 12:45:14 AM »
The way it's designed, there will always be a cherry picker. Let say two people r fightin at 1k on the deck, and another plane that HAVE TO engage that fight because of the rule. He will most likely cherry pick because that his advantage. If another person run into that 3 way fighting, and he blew his E to get on the deck, then I think he's as good as dead. He's better off holding that E and BnZ so that when another plane enter the fight with E, he won't be a target himself.

If he keep that E, and a new person enter the fight with the same E. they'll probably end up in the deck also, eventually anyway. I died many times when my fight w/ another person was around 100 knts OTD, and the new guy came in with E and picked us both. It happens.
SkyRock<---hates skirters, might as well be no KOTH until these twits are done with.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 01:30:43 AM »
 KOTH is a great event love flying in it. I will never forget my KOTH win. Me wldthing and another pilot I cant recall at the moment wound up in a 3 way rolling scissors. Man that was fun. I never cashed the check framed it lol. AH did a tournament of champions once KOTH winners got $50 duckets and entry into a end of year TOC.

AKnimitz or was it AKcurly used to host an event called wild Wednesday. That was really fun instead of having to be the last one alive it went off kills 1 point per kill and an extra point if you were the last one alive. Most points won each round then at the end round winners would fight each other and the last one alive then would be the overall winner. Best AH event I ever flew in.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack