Author Topic: Who Moderates the Moderators?  (Read 2337 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Who Moderates the Moderators?
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2008, 12:07:24 PM »
crap?  I don't believe it.......there is no way.  it had to be more how you were saying it then what you said.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2008, 12:08:56 PM »
I'm sorry, I must have missed the film or screen shot part.            Old age I guess  :noid

Having a fellow pixel mate swear to it doesn't make it any more true.

*EDIT*  If it makes you feel better, I don't believe that Mikey likes LIFE cereal, either, because he doesn't talk.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:11:59 PM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2008, 12:10:21 PM »
crap?  I don't believe it.......there is no way.  it had to be more how you were saying it then what you said.

SuperCrapiFragilisticExpiCrap iDocious?  I would mod it   :aok

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2008, 12:11:03 PM »
I'm sorry, I must have missed the film or screen shot part.            Old age I guess  :noid

Having a fellow pixel mate swear to it doesn't make it any more true.
:O

Yes because I told him to make up the entire story with me. It was all part of our ingenius plan to get back at overbearing mods.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »
Crap, I say.

Holy crap, now I said it.

Offline MachNum

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2008, 12:18:27 PM »
Excuse me... I'm looking for the "Who moderates the moderators conspiracy theory" thread. Is this it or is it down the hall?

:noid If you have to ask, we can't tell you  :noid

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2008, 12:26:10 PM »
... But Skuzzy did show a good example for the other mods though, if a Mod had decided to take action, he woulda muted me.

p.s. can mods give out warnings?

I don't know anything about AH, but if it were my sim, I'd specifically prohibit mods from sending PM's as Skuzzy did.  Part of the agreement to mod is typically an understanding between both parties that the identities of the mod's to be kept confidential. Skuzzy on the other hand has no need to keep his identity a secret.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2008, 12:38:44 PM »
Just thought I'd ask.

Lately it depends on "Who" you are "When" you say it. Some rules are are bent beyond belief, yet a simple infraction is met with a swift stick.

Can I become a Moderator?

Mac

Guess it depends on what your definition of Moderating is..oh, btw, "who" doesn't moderate.."who" is on second .  Sorry, just couldn't resist.  :rofl
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2008, 12:50:11 PM »
I don't have film of when I got muted, because I had no clue that I was gunna get muted for saying it! I didn't think of taking a screenshot at the time because I was so flipping mad that I got muted for 60 minutes for saying crap I wasn't thinking straight. I did record the part after I got muted and I said something about it. and yes, thats all I said, "crap", nothing else. I was fighting, I augered and I said "crap" on 200. Then 10 seconds later "You have been muted for 60 minutes". Thats it. There is no reason to make this up.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2008, 12:55:43 PM »
I got muted for an hour last night for saying, "crap". 2 other of my squadies got the same punishment also.

Moderators abuse their power beyond belief. We should be allowed to say anything we want ( barring racial, deflamatory, etc, remarks) for the $15 we pay per month. I hardly think saying "crap" over 200 merits an hour warning.

I would like to give that moderator a piece of my mind. He is a complete twit, utter moron, and he hides behind the anonymity of the moderator position. Get a life, and stop ruining people's fun for such a trivial thing. TURD.

deflamatory ? ... I think you meant ... "inflammatory".

OK ... so we can say ANYTHING we want ... EXCEPT ... "DaveJ's List" (which he gets to make up, which includes "etc") ... so you decide on what is "OK" ... is that any different than any Mod making the same decisions ?

Would you give HiTech or any HTC Staff ... "a piece of your mind" ? ... and during that conversation would you then go on to say to any of them ... "Your a complete twit, utter moron, and you hide behind the anonymity of the moderator position. Get a life, and stop ruining people's fun for such a trivial thing. TURD."

What makes you think that the "Mod" that spanked you was not HiTech/HTC Staff in "incognito" ?

SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »
I'd be careful.

Earlier last week, I was chasin around a 152 and I said outloud on 200 "STUPID 152 PR**K!!" and I got a warning.

So, I was like oops.... and I said "okay, okay then, stupid 152 NOOB!" and I got a "this is your last warning"  So I'm saying out loud on 200 "wtf? is it Stupid? Noob?" and I got a PM from Skuzzy himself saying "you'd better start to calm down now"  :rofl :rofl :rofl

But Skuzzy did show a good example for the other mods though, if a Mod had decided to take action, he woulda muted me.

p.s. can mods give out warnings?

Question ... had it been Skuzzy that muted you ... would that have been "OK" ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »
My favorite moderator thing is i have been in mid war and said on country channel im brining such and such a plane to somewhere and a moderator that's on the other country ends up already their waiting for me ..they read all text and play the game,tell me they dont use that as an advantage

Do you have any proof outside of insinuation ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »
deflamatory ? ... I think you meant ... "inflammatory".

OK ... so we can say ANYTHING we want ... EXCEPT ... "DaveJ's List" (which he gets to make up, which includes "etc") ... so you decide on what is "OK" ... is that any different than any Mod making the same decisions ?

Would you give HiTech or any HTC Staff ... "a piece of your mind" ? ... and during that conversation would you then go on to say to any of them ... "Your a complete twit, utter moron, and you hide behind the anonymity of the moderator position. Get a life, and stop ruining people's fun for such a trivial thing. TURD."

What makes you think that the "Mod" that spanked you was not HiTech/HTC Staff in "incognito" ?

If it was indeed a HTC staff member then I am losing faith in this game, because there are FAR worse things said on 200 other than "crap".
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2008, 01:42:52 PM »
If it was indeed a HTC staff member then I am losing faith in this game, because there are FAR worse things said on 200 other than "crap".

You are apparently under the misconception that there are live mods on 24/7. It ain't so. It has been stated numerous times that the moderators are a selected group of people that HT trusts to moderate HIS game the way HE wants it moderated. Not the way you want it...or the way I want it (believe me...I've tried to influence him :D). The mods here don't work on a "schedule". So, there will be times when there are no mods on.

BTW, the excuse "...there are FAR worse things said on 200 other than "crap".", is a "sqeaker excuse". It's like, "But  Mommy...the other kids did it!!!".

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
You are apparently under the misconception that there are live mods on 24/7. It ain't so. It has been stated numerous times that the moderators are a selected group of people that HT trusts to moderate HIS game the way HE wants it moderated. Not the way you want it...or the way I want it (believe me...I've tried to influence him :D). The mods here don't work on a "schedule". So, there will be times when there are no mods on.

BTW, the excuse "...there are FAR worse things said on 200 other than "crap".", is a "sqeaker excuse". It's like, "But  Mommy...the other kids did it!!!".

Sometimes I don't think people realize the point I'm trying to bring across across.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart