Author Topic: Who Moderates the Moderators?  (Read 2339 times)

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
Re: Who Moderates the Moderators?
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2008, 06:50:43 AM »
Congratulations on learning a new word!  My hat is off to you. It is such a shame that the context in which you use the new word is utterly random and totally incorrect.  But indeed, keep trying.  You may someday yet master the English language and in that effect, get muted less often.

It is you, sir, who seem to be claiming elite status.  Elite in the fact that you, and a select few others, are doing nothing but whining about how "the man" is abusing his power when it is, in fact, your own fault.  Your language, by your own admission, had gotten you muted.  It was not done by others.  It was your action and not the action of any other that put you in that situation.

You are correct.  Folks do not usually get a one hour mute for saying the word "crap".  Many others have used that word and somewhat worse many times to no ill effect.  As the Fugitive has wisely stated, you had probably, by that point, garnered the attention of the moderator through a cumulative series of abusive or inappropriate statements which had ultimately led to the revocation of your communication privileges.

By your own admission of guilt, and lack of any hard evidence (which others have given advice on how to produce) such as film or screenshots, you have essentially deprived yourself of any and all defense.  In essence, your posts have descended to a base level of a whining rant about how you are being wrongly prosecuted for no apparent reason.

You have two distinct paths that you can take.  You can grow a pair, man up, and take responsibility for your own actions which will increase your perceived level of maturity or you can petition HiTech for solid evidence of what actually transpired so that you may vindicate yourself.

At this point, anything less comes across as a whiny rant, somewhat akin to that of a spoiled child who should probably delve deeper into the mechanics of the English language and methods of self discipline rather than spend his time on a computer game.

I really can't take you seriously.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2008, 06:59:33 AM »
Skuzzy is really really cool about stuff that would otherwise get you muted.

He wasn't so cool about Mac questioning policy from within the forum :frown:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2008, 08:35:10 AM »
Excuse me... I'm looking for the "Who moderates the moderators conspiracy theory" thread. Is this it or is it down the hall?

"No, this is getting hit on the head lessons. Moderators Conspiracy Theory is down the hall, just past Arguments."

<Voice from down the hall> "No it isn't!"

Really, people, what's the BBS coming to? How on earth could we let a thoroughly obvious Monty Python reference go by unnoticed????

<grumbles under breath>....Culture crisis like that, and people are wasting time on moderators..
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2008, 09:45:54 AM »
Indeed  :cool:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute